ADVERTISEMENT

CVAC 2021 - Week 4 (9/10)

flyrod5518

Aug 5, 2019
Please update if incorrect, these schedules change day to day.

Bandys (2-0) at South Caldwell - cancelles due to Covid
Bunker Hill (2-0) vs North Iredell
East Burke ????
Lincolnton ?????
Newton-Conover (0-1) vs South Caldwell
Maiden (2-0) at Monroe
West Caldwell ??????
West Lincoln (2-0) at Ashbrook

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Maiden at Monroe still hasn't been officially announced. My source says that they are waiting on the post Labor Day weekend CV19 tests before doing so....but daggum am I excited

Maiden at Monroe still hasn't been officially announced. My source says that they are waiting on the post Labor Day weekend CV19 tests before doing so....but daggum am I excited
Oh Hughes will float through…directly! Subtly telling us about the impending azz whipping’ headed our way. 😂.
I figure he’ll wait until it’s officially announced….there’s no need to get us stirred up over a game that won’t be played.

Maiden at Monroe Friday night at 730 is now official per Maiden's Instagram and Twitter. Tickets will be available online, they'll post a link at some point, or at the game admission tickets will be available via card only, no cash payments.

West Lincoln at Ashbrook
Newton Conover host South Caldwelll

Loving these intriguing matchups!!

It’s funny…. I went to East Lincoln to see Lincolnton last Friday….fully planned on leaving at half thinking that the game would be well in hand!
Boy!..was I fooled! It turned into a helluva game! I couldn’t leave…I was glued!

Gotta feeling those two games are gonna be the same way!😉

According to HDR, Monroe Varsity has had a Covid outbreak and the game is canceled.

The same article says the the Bunker Hill game is also canceled due to North Iredell decision relating to Covid.

Please update if incorrect, these schedules change day to day.

Bandys (2-0) at South Caldwell - cancelles due to Covid
Bunker Hill (2-0) vs North Iredell
East Burke ????
Lincolnton ?????
Newton-Conover (0-1) vs South Caldwell
Maiden (2-0) at Monroe
West Caldwell ??????
West Lincoln (2-0) at Ashbrook
Tough week! Man!…and quite frankly, I’m afraid to say anything about a game for fear of cancellation….but I’m gonna do it any dam way! Monroe-Maiden in the playoffs! Grizz!… mark it down! It’s fate!…if it ain’t canceled!….and how long has it been that we’ve played St. Stephens consecutively…before COVID! That’s 2 seasons now…we didn’t play! I’m struggling to remember..but I’m older. Sooooooo anyway…

I like the current scheduled games and I’m sick over the rest of ‘em not being able to play!☹️

West Lincoln…I would think.. Is thrilled with matching up against Ashbrook! The Johnny’s love a barn burner…and they just got one! I hope Ashbrook can keep up…have they played yet?
I’ll take West Lincoln!

Good to see Newton back! South Caldwell is usually tough as a pine knot! However, their victory against the Hickory Hawks was less than impressive. Now..there are those who say the Hawks have improved….but I ain’t buying it.
I’ll take Newton Conover at home.

Christ School? All I can say is… I’ve heard of ‘em….and now I realize they’re pretty dam good. Defending private school state champs in their division. Which still tells me nothing! Sorry! Guys!….I just do not look at private schools..never have! Never had a reason too! COVID BALL..ya just never know! They have a beautiful school and facilities…now that I’ve looked. We’ve played some unusual teams over the years…maybe them…but I don’t remember it.
Y’all already know who I’m taking in this one! Boom Devils! I hope a game happens.

Just for record…Lincolnton is one of the rare teams that haven’t deviated on their schedule. They’re right where they should be…..bye week…and murderers row is behind them.

Next week is going to be interesting for our conference….shoot!…everybody’s!

Same general size...but all are muscular. No flab on those boys. They definitely have the height advantage. Speed equal to ours...maybe better. We are going to have to fight every down.

• Wow
Reactions: beamer24
3 and out. Punt. We're trading 3 and outs...but Maiden winning the field position battle.

CS ditched their pro-style QB...bring in a dual threat QB. Designed QB run on the first play. He looks like a NFL safety.

• Haha
CS lucks out..intended receiver has the pass broken up and tipped into the air, caught by a second receiver in the area. They score from about 50 yds. 7 all. 5:46 left in the 2nd quarter.

CS scores from 30 out. Idk if by design. But they always have 3 receivers in the same area. Working for them. 14-14. 2:17 left in the half.

The Blue Devil are looking good. They have a solid defense and some weapons on offense. Even though it’s tied I think Maiden has had Christ School on the ropes for most of this half.

CS runs back the 2nd half kickoff. Celebrates before they get into the endzone, then celebrates again after the flags. 2 unsportsmanlike for them. They kicked off from their own 10. 21-14 CS.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT