ADVERTISEMENT

Cummings needs a 2021 week 6 or 10 game

I can remember when Cummings was 3-A and beat the wheels off Shelby high school at Loy White field. It was either a playoff game or the state championship game. It was in 1988. Chuckle Burnette was the QB and the Ray Griffis was the slot. They ran the no huddle run and shoot offense.

Reactions: UNC91
I can remember when Cummings was 3-A and beat the wheels off Shelby high school at Loy White field. It was either a playoff game or the state championship game. It was in 1988. Chuckle Burnette was the QB and the Ray Griffis was the slot. They ran the no huddle run and shoot offense.
When I read this, I went to watch it in youtube. Cummings looked cutting edge offense for NC high school, and Shelby looked like a poor imitation of South Point's red bone.

Could Cummings football return to glory someday? That use to be a fun program to watch football, basketball, and track.

Reidsville gave Cummings one of their few close games that championship year for the Cavs (1988)....losing to them 20-14...............................

What is the plan for Cummings and Graham after the new alamance county high school opens up in the next year or two?

They’ll be able to outscore some teams. It’s more than just one player too. I’ve seen most of the teams in the east Cummings shouldn’t be that far behind them teams.
I just looked up Cummings’ new conference…. Chatham Central, North Moore, Jordan Matthews, Graham…. In the last few years, I doubt you could have made an all star team out of those four teams that could have competed for a conference championship in most 2A conferences. Seaforth is going to be weak for a year or two at least.. Bartlett Yancey…. well, they are Bartlett Yancey. Not good, but can benefit from a weak conference.
Long story short…. Cummings winning some games/outscoring some opponents doesn’t mean a whole heckuva lot in this realignment.

What does their non-conference schedule look like? Anything of interest?

I just looked up Cummings’ new conference…. Chatham Central, North Moore, Jordan Matthews, Graham…. In the last few years, I doubt you could have made an all star team out of those four teams that could have competed for a conference championship in most 2A conferences. Seaforth is going to be weak for a year or two at least.. Bartlett Yancey…. well, they are Bartlett Yancey. Not good, but can benefit from a weak conference.
Long story short…. Cummings winning some games/outscoring some opponents doesn’t mean a whole heckuva lot in this realignment.

What does their non-conference schedule look like? Anything of interest?

They’ll probably play the alamance county teams. They gave reidsville as good of a half as anyone did. It was 17-6 until a pick 6 closed the half. They have one of the best qb in 2a. I know they play orange

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT