ADVERTISEMENT

Crest updates?

bubbafine

Feb 1, 2002
Now that Freedom has snatched Jim Bob from us out here in Eastern NC, what is the latest news out of Crest? There is a good possibility that the Western Regional could become Freedom and Crest on a regular basis within a couple of years. Crest is in position to hire a coach who can make a huge impact. It will be interesting to see which direction they go. Let's hope politics and personal agendas take a backseat and that the Chargers get the best coach available. Anyone heard any names? I have not but I have to believe that there are some good proven coaches going after it.

The next big question is who will take over at Havelock. They are in the same boat as Crest. We are used to powerhouse teams from the Rams but it always takes more than talent to win championships.

Heard that the decision should be coming soon. Interviews start next week. I agree with Bubbafine. With Freedom's hiring of JBB, the heat has been turned up on Crest. A "good ole boy" hiring would be a mistake.

Now that Freedom has snatched Jim Bob from us out here in Eastern NC, what is the latest news out of Crest? There is a good possibility that the Western Regional could become Freedom and Crest on a regular basis within a couple of years. Crest is in position to hire a coach who can make a huge impact. It will be interesting to see which direction they go. Let's hope politics and personal agendas take a backseat and that the Chargers get the best coach available. Anyone heard any names? I have not but I have to believe that there are some good proven coaches going after it.

The next big question is who will take over at Havelock. They are in the same boat as Crest. We are used to powerhouse teams from the Rams but it always takes more than talent to win championships.

The Big Red Booster Club will meet in Belmont Monday to decide who will be the next HC coach at Crest.
We will publicize our choice once we have the nominees vetted through the FBI and SBI.

Are there any serious updates that anyone has heard for Crest candidates? I heard today that East Carteret coach Caleb King was next at Havelock.

Are there any serious updates that anyone has heard for Crest candidates? I heard today that East Carteret coach Caleb King was next at Havelock.

Coach King is a great choice for Havelock. The Rams won't miss a beat with him in charge. Would hate it for the Mariners, though.

On Crest, I'd love to see DKJ get the job. He says he's going to coach into his 80s, and imagine the ships he could win with that talent and tradition.

Erwin recently retired coach was seen in the area putting his name in the hat. Id like to see it stay in the county personally. Coach Milne would still be a favorite...

Just my own opinion but that is who i would want if I'm Havelock. The only negative i could say about Caleb is that it seems he prefers SEC over instate schools. As a State fan I'd sure love to see some of the local talent in Raleigh. But he is a homerun hire for sure.

Reactions: seadog28

Thought some folks with influence and decision makers were disappointed with the way the running back situation was handled with him leaving Havelock and ending up with King at EC.

Thought some folks with influence and decision makers were disappointed with the way the running back situation was handled with him leaving Havelock and ending up with King at EC.

btango,

I think all that was overblown. The Sharpe kid really just followed his Father to EC. Could be wrong, but no one I've talked to believes Coach King had anything to do with it.

There were definitely some hurt feelings over the transfer from Ram Country to EC. No one around here seems to know or at least won't talk about the underlying scenario that led to it. But coach King is a Ram through and through. I can't imagine him not being their first contact. They probably already have

Seadog28 if you are referring to Keifer when you say DKJ, I agree. That dude won big when he was out here in the eastern part of God's country and that was with teams that had never won anything. Taking a team with that kind of athletes and tradition, he could make them scary good. They would go from pretty dang good to phenomenal pretty fast. But I don't know if he would want it. He has leaned toward rebuilds hasn't he.

I do not know the coach from Erwin or much of anything about him. I know they were pretty good the past few years after a lot of years being pretty bad. I am looking forward to see what JBB can do way over yonder in them hills. A Havelock and Freedom state final would be real sweet. And JBB against King would teacher against student.

Seadog28 can you e-mail me? send it to my username here at yahoo.com thanks.

I think any coach would be wise to thank twice about the crest job. I see the talent level going down the next couples of years or more and after 1 or two loses the fans are calling to find another coach right away.

Reactions: The_Rev921
no pretending here, I hope you guys select the worst choice possible lol

I'm feeling it too, rev. As much as I like going back and forth with the good folks from Crest, I hate when they shoot themselves in the foot. Bye, bye big toe! Every cramp starts between the ears!

Last edited:
Reactions: CHEERDUCK
is the talent level at crest really going down? or are they just not getting the high quality transfers that theyre used to getting?

What's the hold up they know who they want at Crest is it going to be a old coach or new one

We have a good little group of rising Juniors coming including Qb P Kemmerlin who only needs a good offensive coach to work with him. Shelby tranfer T Scott is gonna help us possibly at RB, DB,or WR. That all soph d line is gonna be good next and so is that Ramseur kid that play LB for the first time last season(sat out freshman year,transfer) sorry but with the right coach you chumps got reason to be worried lol

We have a good little group of rising Juniors coming including Qb P Kemmerlin who only needs a good offensive coach to work with him. Shelby tranfer T Scott is gonna help us possibly at RB, DB,or WR. That all soph d line is gonna be good next and so is that Ramseur kid that play LB for the first time last season(sat out freshman year,transfer) sorry but with the right coach you chumps got reason to be worried lol

Isnt the Ramseur kid from the Cherryville/Waco/Burns area? I think he played his middle school ball at Chavis if Im not mistaken. Not making a recruiting joke fyi...

Definite impressive group of young players on defense.

Off the top of my head, I think about six returning starters on defense. Losing a lot of great players: Foster, Brintley, Wilson, Williams, and McCluney.
Also losing about six/seven starters on offense: Peeler, Odom, Bullard, Strong, Eaker, and Brintley (when he played RB).

Off the top of my head, I think about six returning starters on defense. Losing a lot of great players: Foster, Brintley, Wilson, Williams, and McCluney.
Also losing about six/seven starters on offense: Peeler, Odom, Bullard, Strong, Eaker, and Brintley (when he played RB).

Crazy how some kept using youth as an excuse for not winning, playing bad and not improving when over half of the O and D are graduating!

Don't seam right does it?

Crazy how some kept using youth as an excuse for not winning, playing bad and not improving when over half of the O and D are graduating!

94/96 was trying to build morale (keeping people in the boat) when he kept mentioning youth. He knew the Charger Titanic was sinking but didn't want y'all to know it.

94/96 was trying to build morale (keeping people in the boat) when he kept mentioning youth. He knew the Charger Titanic was sinking but didn't want y'all to know it.

I'm referring to the ones that are not crest fans the ones that are making like all the cress fans are stupid because we were wanting and coach that was 9-4 out, and saying youth was the reason he couldn't coach!

Seadog is the man with the inside scoop... ask him who the next Crest coach is. He called JBB as Freedom coach before the Freedom faithful knew it!

Seadog, who wins the Clemson/Bama game tonight?

First, the season's record was about what I expected, in spite of a lot of the folks on here who love to talk...
Also, at last rough count, we had about 11 different sophomores who started a varsity game during the course of the season. At least at Crest, that is a staggering number.
Finally, I think it depends a lot upon where the youth is on the team. You'll note that none of those senior players listed are on either the o-line or d-line.

As for the thread's original topic, anyone have legit updates on the search?

Seadog is the man with the inside scoop... ask him who the next Crest coach is. He called JBB as Freedom coach before the Freedom faithful knew it!

Seadog, who wins the Clemson/Bama game tonight?

I'd love to call the next Crest coach. In fact, I'd love to pick him. The Horseshoe Club is as secretive as the CIA, can't get crap from them. So, I wait like everyone.

Please believe me, I want them to make a great choice. A great Crest makes high school football better.

2 predictions : Freedom vs Crest (high seeds 1-4) in the playoffs next year and Clemson!

Last edited:
Reactions: patsfball
Horseshoe, Horse Saddle, or Horse Trough, when JimBob Bryant and Freedom get done with them, it will be horse manure!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT