ADVERTISEMENT

Crest at Shelby

e4b0d9685f9909efd59ead397209bc80.jpg

Seadog, Shelby Lion and Crestrulz anxiously awaiting kickoff
LOL!!!!!!!

The "REAL" problem with all of this is that Crest vs. Shelby is IT, and South Point has been demoted to the same general status of the 7-3, 6-4, and 5-5's of the world. If SP goes to 2A, and Shelby becomes the new rival AGAIN, it's basically an acceptance that Crest is the DADDY.

I'm Sorry. But that's the truth whether everyone on here realizes it or not.

The "REAL" problem with all of this is that Crest vs. Shelby is IT, and South Point has been demoted to the same general status of the 7-3, 6-4, and 5-5's of the world. If SP goes to 2A, and Shelby becomes the new rival AGAIN, it's basically an acceptance that Crest is the DADDY.

UNLIKE and untrue!

Why are you being such a puss? You're good/we're good....yeah... but what happened to Rulz? Kinda coming off like a coward.
Yes, I am a coward. Dude I like you as a poster, but everyone seems to get the jokes but you, you're kind of coming off like a dumb ass.

I'm a lot of things, a coward is not one of them.

Why are you going all soft?
98, it was sarcasm directed at my long time nemesis SHS LION. He knew it, did you see him ask for my phone number? Do you want me to tell that Shelby Sucks? That I can't stand the lot of you? If that would make you STHU, I will.

The South Point/Shelby rivalry exceeds the Crest rivalry in some way, despite the fact that we have played both teams approximately the same number of years (Shelby 31, Crest 30).

In the SP/Shelby series, Shelby leads 21-14, including 4 post-season meetings. The two teams met every year from 1969-1996 (28 years straight) with a 15-year hiatus, and resumed 3 years ago - 2013-2015.

SP leads the series with Crest 21-13 (including 2 post-season meetings). However, while the series began in 1969, it ended in 1985 after 16 years, following by a 15-year hiatus, resuming in 2001 (15 years).

I don't see how you get that Crest is Daddy. Shelby has always been a rival, even when we weren't playing because they held the title of Daddy. Our dropping to another classification doesn't change what has happened or will happen on the field. They need to prove it on the field, just like we do.

Sasha, Shelby will drop to 1a just to be somebodies daddy! 4a athlete numbers, school board tactics! It's not like the old days. Poor Burns!

I'm talking about Belmont Middle losing to Grier. Those Grier kids will go to Ashbrook and become irrelevant. South Point will beat Ashbrook but lose to Crest again and then drop to 2A. Then, you SP posters will join the 2A board and talk junk with the Shelby posters and bring up the 70's. Whatever....

SP will become Belmont Middle and SP will combine with Cramer and become the 3A power of Gaston County. Watchout Crest, here comes the Purple Raiders. I guess that Rulz was right after all.

The cycle continues. Go Storm!

Well tonight was fun, haven't done that in a while.... Ill end this with good luck everyone, at the end of the day all us blow hards on the boards mean absolutely nothing.....

Hope everyone comes out injury free and both go a LONG way in the playoffs...KM too....As the punks say PEACE OUT

Reactions: CREST1983
I'm talking about Belmont Middle losing to Grier. Those Grier kids will go to Ashbrook and become irrelevant. South Point will beat Ashbrook but lose to Crest again and then drop to 2A. Then, you SP posters will join the 2A board and talk junk with the Shelby posters and bring up the 70's. Whatever....

SP will become Belmont Middle and SP will combine with Cramer and become the 3A power of Gaston County. Watchout Crest, here comes the Purple Raiders. I guess that Rulz was right after all.

The cycle continues. Go Storm!

Go talk to coondog. I am done with you.

98, it was sarcasm directed at my long time nemesis SHS LION. He knew it, did you see him ask for my phone number? Do you want me to tell that Shelby Sucks? That I can't stand the lot of you? If that would make you STHU, I will.

Yes yes yes! On Saturday we can be best friends again. I'll be Crest's biggest Shelby fan starting Saturday. We really are a "house divided"...3 for crest and 3 for Shelby. My lady said Friday night three people are gonna be happy and three are gonna be sad. I can't wait. ..one more sleep after tonight!

Well tonight was fun, haven't done that in a while.... Ill end this with good luck everyone, at the end of the day all us blow hards on the boards mean absolutely nothing.....

Hope everyone comes out injury free and both go a LONG way in the playoffs...KM too....As the punks say PEACE OUT
Surely we mean something.

I just hope the refs don't ruin this game and get flag happy. This game is so special and the boys need to be the ones to decide it. Our defense is going to have to play their best game. I think nerves will play a factor. It might take a quarter or two for the boys to get adjusted to the hype. One thing I've noticed this year is how many turnovers Crest has had this year. So many fumbles...can't do that against Shelby, they will make Crest pay for it.

What time is everyone seriously thinking about heading in the gate tomorrow night? We were gonna tailgate but I don't think were gonna have time.

I'll be watching another one from home. Haven't been to a game all year. Hope I can make some in the playoffs.

Looks like the field will be wet, though it should be warm and probably not rain during the game.

Been sitting in season ticket section for years and years... A couple weeks ago I sat down, lady guarding the right side breezeway walks up.... "Um sir, I need to see your season pass"
"Ma'am, I have been in this spot for probably 25 years" "Well I will need you to leave or someone to vouch for you"

Lion of Shelby walked over, he put one leg over the wall and was standing their talking to me, sitting on the wall... She come running over, and basically told him, DONT YOU DARE CROSS THAT WALL.... he stood there and said Im not Im talking to him....She walked away... I had at least 20 people go to her and say " yeah that's his spot" lol

As the game proceeded, probably 20 or thirty high school aged kids crossed back and forth over the wall right beside me...NOT ONCE did she come over and say a word to them...

Needless to say haven't been back....Everyone, and I mean everyone knows that's my spot, and has been for probably 25 years...Ill watch from home...Havent been thrown out of my seat but once here.. ROFL

Reactions: sasha_nc
Been sitting in season ticket section for years and years... A couple weeks ago I sat down, lady guarding the right side breezeway walks up.... "Um sir, I need to see your season pass"
"Ma'am, I have been in this spot for probably 25 years" "Well I will need you to leave or someone to vouch for you"

Lion of Shelby walked over, he put one leg over the wall and was standing their talking to me, sitting on the wall... She come running over, and basically told him, DONT YOU DARE CROSS THAT WALL.... he stood there and said Im not Im talking to him....She walked away... I had at least 20 people go to her and say " yeah that's his spot" lol

As the game proceeded, probably 20 or thirty high school aged kids crossed back and forth over the wall right beside me...NOT ONCE did she come over and say a word to them...

Needless to say haven't been back....Everyone, and I mean everyone knows that's my spot, and has been for probably 25 years...Ill watch from home...Havent been thrown out of my seat but once here.. ROFL
So you have some who don't obey the rules and instead of taking care of the those, she tries to take the path of least resistance and calls out a seasoned veteran. Pitiful and typical.

I would have looked her straight in the face and said BYE FELICIA.

I have had the same seats in my family for 40 years. I have been asked in the past to show my tickets which I did. I have been to most home games in the past 10 years. While working at other schools I had to work gates and parking for their home games. Retired now and can attend the Shelby games.

Take the absurd point about South Point-Shelby being remotely close to Crest-Shelby with you.

I wasn't talking about Shelby-Crest rivalry. I was comparing the SP-Shelby rivalry to the SP-Crest rivalry. You forget that I am much older than you, CC2, and my early years define how I look at things as a whole (as do everyone's early years). I was at South Point in the late 70s and those games that SP had with Shelby were defining moments when only the conference champion went to the playoffs. SP was on the losing end many of those years. It was not Crest that we were battling that last Friday of the season. (Despite Ashbrook's irrelevance these days, I still derive great pleasure from seeing them lose to us because I hated them as a 4A school because they thought they were better than a 3A school.)

Yes, in recent history, we have played Crest the most and during a period when both teams were good for the most part. However, neither of our post-season hopes ended when one defeated the other. The rivalry has also been fueled by the knock-down, leave it on the field nature of those games and the fact that when we were in the same conference our game was the last of the season. However, throughout all those years, you would read on the boards how old time Raider fans yearned for Shelby to be back on the schedule, despite Shelby's lead in the series. When that happened three years ago, both teams picked up where we left off, battling it out as we used to do. If SP has to be 2A, I want to be in a conference with Shelby and I want the conference championship to come down to the last game of the season. Just like in the SMAC 3A/2A, Crest and Shelby all season long have wanted it to come down to tomorrow night.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT