ADVERTISEMENT

Crest at Shelby

Should be a good one. A lot of great skill players in this game. We all know Shelby has three great WRs, a QB with record numbers and great RBs along with a big strong experienced OL. This is suppose to be Shelby's best offensive team ever. Crest has the all star RB, a solid OL and maybe the best group of WRs in team history. A lot of folks don't realize how good our QB and WRs really are. The Crest WRs don't get enough credit. These guys are pretty special. The offensive talent is arguably the best ever in team history and just starting to jell. The Crest offense has self destructed at times this year and still averages 40+ ppg. I know I'm a homer but if Crest eliminates turnovers and keeps penalties to a minimum I have to think they win. I guess that could be said for Shelby as well. For those thinking the Crest defense is no where close to last years defense may be fooled. It may not be as good but it's very close. The DBs are ball hawks, the LBs are big, fast and super athletic. The DL does miss Omar Brooks, but that's all the defense is missing. Shelby will be the best offensive team Crest has played in many years. I don't think Shelby's defense is as good as last years but it doesn't have to be to win this game. Both teams ARE LOADED.....not sure we'll see this much talent again at the same time for years to come. Two great programs and one of the best IF not the best rivalries in the state. Hoping for an injury free game for both teams and a safe enjoyable night of entertainment for all fans. Go Chargers.....kick some butt:(

Good post bro,kinda like one i put on fb...
We fans of Crest and Shelby dont realize how good we got it...
Two programs that do nothing but win...year in year out..
Were spoiled,if u lose were mad,some blame coaches or kids...
We are blessed to have great programs,great coaches and a community who loves sports.
Should be a great game,and win or lose they should both repeat....Go lions

I will be arriving at 6:15. Hopefully I will be able to get in by kickoff. If not I will have binoculars and a 34 foot ladder from one of my work trucks. May even bring a deer climber stand if needed.

Should be a good one. A lot of great skill players in this game. We all know Shelby has three great WRs, a QB with record numbers and great RBs along with a big strong experienced OL. This is suppose to be Shelby's best offensive team ever. Crest has the all star RB, a solid OL and maybe the best group of WRs in team history. A lot of folks don't realize how good our QB and WRs really are. The Crest WRs don't get enough credit. These guys are pretty special. The offensive talent is arguably the best ever in team history and just starting to jell. The Crest offense has self destructed at times this year and still averages 40+ ppg. I know I'm a homer but if Crest eliminates turnovers and keeps penalties to a minimum I have to think they win. I guess that could be said for Shelby as well. For those thinking the Crest defense is no where close to last years defense may be fooled. It may not be as good but it's very close. The DBs are ball hawks, the LBs are big, fast and super athletic. The DL does miss Omar Brooks, but that's all the defense is missing. Shelby will be the best offensive team Crest has played in many years. I don't think Shelby's defense is as good as last years but it doesn't have to be to win this game. Both teams ARE LOADED.....not sure we'll see this much talent again at the same time for years to come. Two great programs and one of the best IF not the best rivalries in the state. Hoping for an injury free game for both teams and a safe enjoyable night of entertainment for all fans. Go Chargers.....kick some butt:(
Good post,and you speak the truth on all accounts.Shelby's defense is very young and play a lot of underclassmen but they have improved during the year.Shelby's offense is scary good at times but and that is a big but they have not played a defense like Crest has this year.I know nobody that thinks any different.I do believe Shelby will have to have some breaks(turnovers and penalties)and a dry evening to win this game.There are so many times a big game has all the buildup and then it does come through but hopefully tonight it does.Great teams,great programs and a great community,see you at Blanton Memorial.

Reactions: shelbyfan1
I pray none of the kids get injured and we all get to see a show from both squads. Great football all the way around from two awesome programs. We sure are lucky!

Go Chargers!

Reactions: shelbyfan1
The thing is, Crest needs this win more than Shelby. If Crest loses tonight the best seed Crest can get is 5th. That's assuming Crest beats Asheville for the draw. That means Crest would be playing a undefeated team in 2nd round. On the other hand, Crest could still win against Shelby and still be a 5th seed...unbelievable.

The thing is, Crest needs this win more than Shelby. If Crest loses tonight the best seed Crest can get is 5th. That's assuming Crest beats Asheville for the draw. That means Crest would be playing a undefeated team in 2nd round. On the other hand, Crest could still win against Shelby and still be a 5th seed...unbelievable.

It would be helpful in the playoffs but you are going to have to beat good teams regardless. They have won road playoff games in the past when it meant going through some tough 2nd and 3rd round opponents.

Just found out that you could park at middle school and shuttle service will take you to stadium.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT