ADVERTISEMENT

Crest 52 Forestview 7

ImaCrestFan

Aug 5, 2010
Most dominating performance by the Chargers this season. They pounded a pretty good team.

Looks like South Point gets the rematch whether they want it or not.

Welcome back to Sid Bryson Stadium South Point.
fighting0025.r191677.gif

Honestly I respect Forestview but its hard for me to say they were a good team. The only good team they beat was SP!!
laugh.r191677.gif

That's one of the most impressive football teams I have ever seen. I knew as soon as I saw you guys in A and not AA it ment trouble. Good luck next week I don't know about the rest of the Jaguar fans but I will be there next week.

Forestview made the run to 3rd round, thats impressive. They hit hard and played the game...that's all you can ask, Crest was just better. no shame.

Congrats on a great season jags. and winning the conference championship...

Now we're off to put the midgets in there place!

Figured Crest would blow FV off the field but not this emphatically. Crest made a damn statement. Congrats!!!! Props!!!!!!

On like shelbys third play Rulz texted me and it was 14-0 ...that was like 7:37 pm.....a little bit later he said 28-0 then it seemed like 5 seconds later he texted 35-0.... I simply responded GOOD LORD....HA HA

good luck next week...hope we both make it and win the titles...gonna be two tough games to win friday

Originally posted by strangerdanger:
Congrats to Crest. Best team I have seen this year.
Stranger, you caught us on our best performance of the year. Hopefully we can duplicate it next week.

Good luck next year.

The first five plays of Crest's offense pretty much summed up the whole night. First Down, Touchdown, First Down, First-and-goal, Touchdown. 14-0 just like that! That pretty much took the wind out of Forestview's sails. From that point on, anything that could go wrong for Forestview did go wrong.

Crest was a monster tonight! They play like this next week, they will be in Raleigh the following week. The score was 52-7, but it wasn't even that close.

Hats off to the Jaguars for another great year! Nothing to hang their heads about. More later!

Had the Crest receivers hung on to about three pases when they were up 35-0, then the Chargers would have had a running clock at 7 minutes in the 2nd quarter. Green hit his guys with some nice throws that were out and out drops.

Normally, passing in this situation would be in bad taste, however by not running the ball, they eased up on FV. Crest could have ran the ball and made the score 42-0. Instead, they cut FV a break by trying to work on their red zone passing game. And the passing game looked good, except for the drops.

Originally posted by No Dog in the Fight:

Normally, passing in this situation would be in bad taste, however by not running the ball, they eased up on FV. Crest could have ran the ball and made the score 42-0. Instead, they cut FV a break by trying to work on their red zone passing game. And the passing game looked good, except for the drops.
You're exactly right.

Moe Neal...one of the best players in the state of North Carolina. Don't disrespect a kid that's ran for 2,000 yards. I'm sure there are plenty of teams in the state that wouldn't mind having him. Crest is one of the best high school football teams to ever grace the field in North Carolina. You can't be in the third round of the state playoffs and not be a good team...but when you run into a great team, things just don't add up too well. Congrats to the Jaguars, nothing to hang their heads about this year. A team that wasn't supposed to do anything won the conference championship outright for the second year in school history, went undefeated in conference, and made it to the third round and got beat by possibly the best team in the state. When it's all said and done out of Forestview's 3 losses, 2 could come from state champions.

I will say one thing about the Forestview fans, some of them have to get a clue. Calling for coach to put somebody else in early in the first half. We've ran the same plays since we started running the spread and they've taken us to the 3rd and 4th round and delivered a conference championship. We played with the same kids all year and they delivered. Get a clue! Let coaches coach...and be a good fan. Root them on...they knew what Crest was, the best team in the state. Havelock if Crest can get by SP (scheme is the only thing that might worry me, but not too much) then Havelock's reign will end.

Met some of the Crest faithful last night and they were nothing but nice. Now I'm in a delimma do I pull for the underdog next week and conference foe or root against the rival like usual.

Good game Crest.

Probably so, Neal is definitely a Gary Anderson sized RB for those that remember him back in the day at Arkansas. Heck, Herbert Harbison was a great HS running back at Crest at 140-145lbs before playing wideout and returner at A&T. I believe Herbert is Tre's uncle, correct???

Yes, Moe is a junior...

Question for you Crest guys...How many kids are getting looks for the next level? With that kind of talent, they've gotta be getting something...if you could list them and what colleges are looking that'd be awesome. I know as I watched last night I thought for sure they front 7 had to have some kind of look. Who all has offered Harbison?

Originally posted by smashmouth5:
Stat of the night...I belie that Moe Neal had -7 yrds rushing.
I have been trying to tell people all year Shelby's Chad Reid is the best running back around.

IMO Crest's D has the ability to make any RB look bad. Most HS offensive lines aren't equipped to block that. Anybody got the info on who from Crest will be playing at the next level?

According to 247sports.com, Omar Brooks (Sr. DE #1) has been offered by Charleston Southern, Gardner-Webb, and Liberty. There will probably be some interest for Brooks (Sr. NG #8) but he will be projected at DT or DE. Willis (DE #90) is a Junior and he has "the look". If he goes to some camps/combines over the summer and runs well, he will get some attention at either DE or LB.

The Linebackers are all good #3 is a weightroom monster Benching about 350 hes the only sr linebacker we have hope he lands somewhere. #33 jr, #26 jr,#35 soph, and #32 soph backs the starters up and hes gonna be a good one next year.

At 5'9", it's going to be tough at LB. Probably plenty of D3 opportunities and hopefully some good D2's. Assuming he's not really 5'8 because he looks very short and stocky on the field. Is Jaleel related to James (Bobo) Feaster?

Don't no about Bobo but Jaleel is the younger brother of former charger rb Tosh Toms.

Originally posted by rockstrong:
IMO Crest's D has the ability to make any RB look bad. Most HS offensive lines aren't equipped to block that. Anybody got the info on who from Crest will be playing at the next level?
So, if they get the blame when he gets no yards, then they should get the credit when he goes untouched right?

Isn't that how OL works? Side note I wasn't just referring to Forestview's OL, I was referring to just about all HS OL's

lmao- absolutely not. I don't know one FVs OL name.
I just knew b/w the tackles would be trouble. It was.
He's a flanker/kick returner IMO at next level.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT