ADVERTISEMENT

Crest 13 - SP 7 Final!!

Congrats Crest. You guys get another shot in the ship. Bring back a damn ring this time! Screw the East!

I wasn't able to go to he game, but I was able to listen to the first half on the radio. Sounded to me like M.L.'s was calling a predictable game as always and it cost us.

Originally posted by RedRaider87:
I wasn't able to go to he game, but I was able to listen to the first half on the radio. Sounded to me like M.L.'s was calling a predictable game as always and it cost us.
I think Mick did a good job I don't know what more he could do out of the Redbone.

Congrats to the Chargers and good luck......congrats to SP as well from where they started to have a chance to go to states tonight is very impressive

Originally posted by Crestuff:
I think Mick did a good job I don't know what more he could do out of the Redbone.
Yeah screw Mickey he sucks. Can you believe he turned the team around that much since the first of the year? Can you believe that no good Is the coach and o coordinator of the only team to score on Crest first team defense? Oh and can you believe that he had Crest a little tense in the second half ( I would have been only up 6 after we showed we could score and anyone who wasn't is full of shyt). What a no good coach.

PS your sn f-ing idiot

Nice to see you can express yourself like an adult without cussing(implied) or name calling...oh wait.

I never said he wasn't a good coach or motivator. I said his play calling leaves something to be desired and I'm not the first person to say it.

Originally posted by SuckerPunch10:

Originally posted by Crestuff:
Yeah screw Mickey he sucks. Can you believe he turned the team around that much since the first of the year? Can you believe that no good Is the coach and o coordinator of the only team to score on Crest first team defense? Oh and can you believe that he had Crest a little tense in the second half ( I would have been only up 6 after we showed we could score and anyone who wasn't is full of shyt). What a no good coach.

PS your sn f-ing idiot
Good to meet you bro! Heck of an atmosphere out there.

Nice to see you can express yourself like an adult without cussing(implied) or name calling...oh wait.

I never said he wasn't a good coach or motivator. I said his play calling leaves something to be desired and I'm not the first person to say it.
Hell why don't you fill him in on all the know. Like I said your an idiot and a dang ungrateful one at that. I for one hope you and yours never reproduce. First thing to being successful is buying into the system and cancer like yourselves should be terminated.

Great game by both teams. The big run by Harbison was really the difference. I am very proud of this SP team for the strides they made during the season. They represented the school and community well. Absolutely nothing to hang their heads about. Thank you for the hard work you put in and the fantastic memories you have given us fans.

As for the play calling, I have absolutely no problem with it. South Point has a system that has been proven to work, one need only look at the results over the past 15 years. For a staff that gets so much flak, they've produced a lot of wins, numerous conference championships, and 2 state titles. My hat is off to the coaching staff on a wonderful job this season. Thank you all for the time and effort you've put in. You will never truly get the thanks you deserve.

Congratulations Crest. The difference in the game was that Crest defense. As good as advertised. I think SP played about as good as they were capable. SP defense played lights out all night. The SP offense didn't do much but I think the Crest defense dictated that. Just to have a chance (more than one actually) to win that game was incredible. The pucker factor on the Crest side had to be running high in the fourth quarter but in the end the Crest defense had all the answers. It was a great game and I am positive everyone got their money's worth. No shame in this loss. Congratulations again to the Chargers and now go to Raleigh and finish what you started back on game 1 this season.

What a great game. Crest was fortunate to hang on for the win. SP played with great heart. Crest defense was as advertised again. Held a team that rushed for over 500 yds and 42 pts last week to only 7 points. Gaston Crowd was amazing. Reminded me of the Gaffney crowd several years ago.
Next stop Raleigh. I hope the Crest offense calms their nerves before facing Havelock.

I thought South Point played their rears off - in the end they were beaten by a team with more athletes. CREST shot themselves in the foot all night on offense. If you want to talk about suspect play calling, I think CREST won that battle too.

Cannot blame ML for that loss. The offense moved the ball in spurts, but Crest defense is just good. Actually like that ML mixed up the sweep, dive, and cross buck. I would like to see us pass on 1st and 2nd down more, but believe that we do not pass well on 3rd and long. We needed for the dive play to consistently get 3-4 yards. Instead it got 2-3. That is a big difference if you want to grind out first downs. Secondly, it was impossible for Brooks to run the options down the line due to Crest penetration. Yardage came on quick hits between the guards or on the corners. SP played great D and turned this into a heavyweight fight. That was their chance to win. Crest expected a first round knockout but ended up winning a 12 round decision. Nothing for the Raiders to be ashamed of.

During the week, I thought this might be a 2-3 score ball game in favor of Crest. But South Point's defense really played well tonight. Crest's style of offense really plays into South Point's strength on defense which is their ability to slow down the running game. In the previous week, I saw a really good East Rowan offense really take it up and down on the Raiders with their swift passing game. Crest could benefit with a little more balance but with the personnel on offense it would be best (this year) to just pound, pound, pound the ball on the ground with power next week against Havelock. Stick to what seems to work.

Best of luck next week guys. I'll be pulling for you!

Originally posted by raidertime:
Cannot blame ML for that loss. The offense moved the ball in spurts, but Crest defense is just good. Actually like that ML mixed up the sweep, dive, and cross buck. I would like to see us pass on 1st and 2nd down more, but believe that we do not pass well on 3rd and long. We needed for the dive play to consistently get 3-4 yards. Instead it got 2-3. That is a big difference if you want to grind out first downs. Secondly, it was impossible for Brooks to run the options down the line due to Crest penetration. Yardage came on quick hits between the guards or on the corners. SP played great D and turned this into a heavyweight fight. That was their chance to win. Crest expected a first round knockout but ended up winning a 12 round decision. Nothing for the Raiders to be ashamed of.
blankimage.png

This post was edited on 12/6 12:56 AM by Belmontraider

First off I want to say congrats to South Point on a great season. I also want to say congratulations on a hard fault ball game tonight. The final score justified how close this game was. The SP defense made stop after stop to match the crest defense.. You can call this game an offensive struggle all you want, but the credit goes to both defenses... It was as entertaining a game you will see...

Secondly, I want to throw in that this game was absolutely dominated by Crest in the first half.. I believe it was 13-0 at halftime and it could have easily been 20-0 or even 24-0... but the adjustments made by SP at halftime completely got the best of the Crest offense. The second half was as lopsided in South Point's favor as it was in Crest's favor in the 1st half..

I am 100% positive that Crest had the better team this season but beating a team like SP twice in one year says a lot about this team that we have this year. I also want to say our boys grinded it out and made the necessary plays when needed. (Offense converted some key 3rd downs, defense had huge stop after huge stop)

In the end, I do believe our defense will go down as the greatest crest defense ever, but in order to do so, we must win one more game...

I sold the raiders short, I never thought it would come down to a 6 point victory, but my hat goes off to the coaching staff and those kids that never gave up.. even being down 13-0 and not really having ANY momentum, those kids never quit... I saw the Forestview kids quit last week, but the SP kids are a different breed... They carry too much pride in their DNA...

I am impressed and I appreciate and respect the competition that was brought tonight.. My hat goes off and congratulations on a fine season... see you next year..

Here we go Havelock..

I also am commenting on the officiating by saying no comment.. It did not impact the outcome of the game, but I do not feel like the officiating held a consistent pattern throughout the game.. I also think it slighted SP on some calls as well as Crest on some calls.... officiating is a tough job and I respect all officials who choose to partake in that profession...

MY ADVICE TO THOSE 7 ZEBRAS OUT THERE TONIGHT: DON'T QUIT YOUR DAY JOB

Originally posted by justanidiot:
First off I want to say congrats to South Point on a great season. I also want to say congratulations on a hard fault ball game tonight. The final score justified how close this game was. The SP defense made stop after stop to match the crest defense.. You can call this game an offensive struggle all you want, but the credit goes to both defenses... It was as entertaining a game you will see...

Secondly, I want to throw in that this game was absolutely dominated by Crest in the first half.. I believe it was 13-0 at halftime and it could have easily been 20-0 or even 24-0... but the adjustments made by SP at halftime completely got the best of the Crest offense. The second half was as lopsided in South Point's favor as it was in Crest's favor in the 1st half..

I am 100% positive that Crest had the better team this season but beating a team like SP twice in one year says a lot about this team that we have this year. I also want to say our boys grinded it out and made the necessary plays when needed. (Offense converted some key 3rd downs, defense had huge stop after huge stop)

In the end, I do believe our defense will go down as the greatest crest defense ever, but in order to do so, we must win one more game...

I sold the raiders short, I never thought it would come down to a 6 point victory, but my hat goes off to the coaching staff and those kids that never gave up.. even being down 13-0 and not really having ANY momentum, those kids never quit... I saw the Forestview kids quit last week, but the SP kids are a different breed... They carry too much pride in their DNA...

I am impressed and I appreciate and respect the competition that was brought tonight.. My hat goes off and congratulations on a fine season... see you next year..

Here we go Havelock..
I don't think you'll find too many that disagree with this. Crest did dominate the first half. SP kinda lucky in the breaks they got from Crest and their screwups. Crest is the better team without question. I think Crest got a little conservative on offense, and wanted the game to be won by their defense....which it ultimately was won by.

I want to point out who some of us (very) old timers know to be real Red Raiders. The guys that give everything they've got on every play, and don't prance around. The guys FIRST to the G D pile, and not last. 62, 51, 44, 21, 20, 23, 65, 64, 35, 55, 60. Should also point out that our OL and DL were the reason for the wins, not the losses. A lot has been made of this. We got beat in this season by better teams, with sometimes better gameplans and talent. But, our OL/DL was a strength, and it will be next year too. We couldn't break a tackle all year long, so unless the backs weren't untouched we weren't gaining. So, the OL did a heroic effort the whole year long. Credit to ML and his genius at coaching that position.
This post was edited on 12/6 7:15 AM by RalphMachio99

Congrats to Crest and also to South Point. Was a very hard fought game from beginning to end. Penalties and a very good Raider defense caused our offense to sputter. Our defense has kept us up all year. Time for the offense to share some of the load. Antway, congrats to both teams.

Both teams laid it on the line tonight and that's what you want to see. Crest O has either been hit or miss the last few weeks! The O missed against Shelby , hit against SWR, missed against WR , hit against Forestview, missed tonight, and you know were im going with this for next week I hope.
3dgrin.r191677.gif
Special football tonight with perfect football weather.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT