ADVERTISEMENT

CPC Week 1 predictions

ForsythFootball

Nov 23, 2014
Lexington
West Forsyth vs Lake Norman
West Forsyth opens against lake Norman the team they eliminated 35-17 in the 4AA playoffs. Lake Norman returns its star RB, and Star WR but graduated the starting QB. West Forsyth may struggle to find the end zone at times but wins one of its more challenging games of the year. West forsyth (24-17)

East Forsyth vs Sanderson
Sanderson lost virtually no star players during the offseason, and will run the offense through the star RB but also love to throw the ball. East Forsyth best chance is to attack and use the returning QB and its athletes to make plays. They also have an amazing kick return group and a great kicker in there back pocket. I think east wont go down without a fight and wins East Forsyth 31-24

Glenn vs Ledford
Glenn opens against ledford, ledford is a team which lost both of there QB'S, both of there lead rushers and a lot of defensive players. Glenns easy schedule lands them an easy win, and the QB marches up and down the field to win 42-14

Reagan vs Richmond
Reagan struggled last year, and in large part most games they didn't get above 17 points and have a lot of young players.One thing to look out for, and im not accusing anyone of anything but that little yellow flag hits the ground a lot in pfafftown and im not the first to say that on these sites. Richmond in pulls a 38-17 win away from home.

Davie vs Page
Davie upset Page last year in the first game of the 2016 season 39-29, page dealing with the loss of a star class and trying to reload with the help of a new head coach. I think page beats Davie here 31-28

Southwest guilford vs RJ Reynolds
Both are lower level teams, RJR has been doing well in 7 on 7's as well as scrimmages and last year did well against mount tabor and others. RJR is improving and can upset some teams this year. However, i don't believe RJR will be able to stop the ECU Commit QB from running up and down the field. I also wouldn't be suprsied if this ends up to be a higher scoring game. I think Southwest picks up a win here 28-17

In addition, i think Sanderson is the favorite and east forsyth will play spoiler.
Lake Norman is a powerful program and could easily give West one of its only losses of the year.

Glenn over Ledford on scholarships alone. Lol.

Until West qb riddle solved gotta go with Lake Norman.

Richmond over Reagan.

Page big over rebuilding Davie.

Until RJR shows me otherwise going with a game SW Guilford whose usually pretty athletic.

This pick breaking my heart. I'm Bird Gang Eagle Pride all the way but if I were picking a game with an experienced team going into a preseason ranked veteran team I'd pick the latter. Sanderson in a close one over my East Forsyth Eagles.

I guess we're all handicapped picking blind without any info this first week.

Winners:
West Forsyth
Sanderson
Glenn
Richmond
Page
SouthWest Guilford

What am I missing? Looking at their history, Sanderson has been a bad team for a while. They won 9 games last year, but got blown out by Middle Creek and Wake Forest and lost 2 other games to teams I know nothing about. What has changed that makes them so good this year? Is the love going their way in this game more about EF losing so much from last year or something Sanderson has done to improve greatly?

What am I missing? Looking at their history, Sanderson has been a bad team for a while. They won 9 games last year, but got blown out by Middle Creek and Wake Forest and lost 2 other games to teams I know nothing about. What has changed that makes them so good this year? Is the love going their way in this game more about EF losing so much from last year or something Sanderson has done to improve greatly?
Sanderson has a D1 RB who has progressively gotten better and better. I still believe East Forsyth wins as I said above because the overall defense of Sanderson isn't great. On public posted film they don't like contact. The Sanderson offense runs the ball a lot and make no mistake they will pick up yards but I don't think they will win this game. East Forsyth will have a lot of success throwing the football. East Forsyth lost a lot yes, but I still think they are better than Sanderson I think this game will be a lot like East Forsyth and Harding last year.

East forsyth will be lucky to score. Sanderson has the best densive player in Nc at Lb and the supporting cast is better than ever

Sanderson has a D1 RB who has progressively gotten better and better. I still believe East Forsyth wins as I said above because the overall defense of Sanderson isn't great. On public posted film they don't like contact. The Sanderson offense runs the ball a lot and make no mistake they will pick up yards but I don't think they will win this game. East Forsyth will have a lot of success throwing the football. East Forsyth lost a lot yes, but I still think they are better than Sanderson I think this game will be a lot like East Forsyth and Harding last year.
Defense? Look up alim mcneill. Just google him.....

I think Chris Hughes at Carolina Preps has Sanderson ranked #6 in the entire 4A. I watched the highlights on McNeil and he's a monster at LB. He is 6'2" 275 pounds and moves like a runningback. He will play Dline in college and has offers from all the major schools. Most scout websites think he will go to NC State like his teammate Pinnix but other scouts think he will choose Florida State. Like I've stated several times East Forsyth is loaded with talent again this year but they are young led by Jr Khalid Martin. East is very young and will have D-1 talent on the field. Sanderson is returning almost every starter ( I heard 18) from last years 9-3 team including there 3 best major D-1 players. East will start maybe 4 seniors and Sanderson may start 3 underclassmen. From what I understand Sanderson got a new coach a few years ago and he has them on the right track. They will be right there with Wake Forest as the best teams from the East side of the State. I would love to see East Forsyth go down and pull off the upset. Huge Week 1 challenge for the Eagles! Good for them for scheduling a very tough opening game.

West Forsyth vs Lake Norman
West Forsyth opens against lake Norman the team they eliminated 35-17 in the 4AA playoffs. Lake Norman returns its star RB, and Star WR but graduated the starting QB. West Forsyth may struggle to find the end zone at times but wins one of its more challenging games of the year. West forsyth (24-17)

East Forsyth vs Sanderson
Sanderson lost virtually no star players during the offseason, and will run the offense through the star RB but also love to throw the ball. East Forsyth best chance is to attack and use the returning QB and its athletes to make plays. They also have an amazing kick return group and a great kicker in there back pocket. I think east wont go down without a fight and wins East Forsyth 31-24

Glenn vs Ledford
Glenn opens against ledford, ledford is a team which lost both of there QB'S, both of there lead rushers and a lot of defensive players. Glenns easy schedule lands them an easy win, and the QB marches up and down the field to win 42-14

Reagan vs Richmond
Reagan struggled last year, and in large part most games they didn't get above 17 points and have a lot of young players.One thing to look out for, and im not accusing anyone of anything but that little yellow flag hits the ground a lot in pfafftown and im not the first to say that on these sites. Richmond in pulls a 38-17 win away from home.

Davie vs Page
Davie upset Page last year in the first game of the 2016 season 39-29, page dealing with the loss of a star class and trying to reload with the help of a new head coach. I think page beats Davie here 31-28

Southwest guilford vs RJ Reynolds
Both are lower level teams, RJR has been doing well in 7 on 7's as well as scrimmages and last year did well against mount tabor and others. RJR is improving and can upset some teams this year. However, i don't believe RJR will be able to stop the ECU Commit QB from running up and down the field. I also wouldn't be suprsied if this ends up to be a higher scoring game. I think Southwest picks up a win here 28-17

Was the flag comment saying Reagan gets a lot called for or against them? I remember from 02-06 refs dropped yellow flags every play on mt Tabor for the most mystery calls I've ever seen trying to hold them back for 4 seasons.

Also Southwest Guilford QB will NOT be in action tomorrow night from what I have heard which we make a big difference

McNeill kid looks pretty tough. EF has faced lots of high level players over the years. It takes a TEAM though. What else besides a couple of high level kids makes them so tough? Or are all these predictions more about everyone's expectation that EF will fall off quite a bit this year?

Was the flag comment saying Reagan gets a lot called for or against them? I remember from 02-06 refs dropped yellow flags every play on mt Tabor for the most mystery calls I've ever seen trying to hold them back for 4 seasons.

Also Southwest Guilford QB will NOT be in action tomorrow night from what I have heard which we make a big difference
Yellow flag comment agrees with what your saying as the poster child of the Winston Salem school district they traditionally have referees that tear apart visiting team in bigger games. Also yes the southwest QB is out which i posted in a different forum, i think RJ Reynolds is going to win friday. They have been doing really good in 7 on 7's and have some talent and i think it will be enough to win

http://www.journalnow.com/sports/fa...cle_fdec0eda-4b42-5962-bd1a-95ca9e6eadc7.html

I'm picking Sanderson but I'm not sure they have the best defensive player on the field. Khalid Martin is the best player on the field and you will hear his name "all night long" on the PA system. That Good!
The Eagle defense led by all division one athletes Khalid Martin , Alec Nugent, i mean Aaron Worthy alone (LB) had 125 total tackles, 7 sacks thats more than the Sanderson LB who had 84 total. I also have a feeling like eagles and gang who have had all summer to prep for this game arent going to run straight at your star LB. East who has played the top defenseive players in the state KJ Henry, jalen dalton etc run in fact the opposite way or throw the ball. Im not saying one team is better than the other but Raleigh Sanderson isnt the New england patriots out there

McNeill kid looks pretty tough. EF has faced lots of high level players over the years. It takes a TEAM though. What else besides a couple of high level kids makes them so tough? Or are all these predictions more about everyone's expectation that EF will fall off quite a bit this year?

East is loaded with young talent but they only return and handful of kids from last year. I don't think they fall off a cliff this year but I do think its hard to get better when you lose almost 40 seniors and the 2 kids that have led your offense and defense for the past 3-4 years. East is going to be playing ALOT of underclassmen this week and they also play Sanderson who in some peoples eyes is the 2nd best team in the East behind Wake Forest. From what I saw East is a lot faster at certain positions this year but you can also tell some kids are learning how to do it with the big boys on Friday night. Just alot of small mental mistakes like dropped passes, overthrows, holding penalties etc. Once they start clicking East is going to be a very good football team especially on defense. I just stated Week 1 they go against the preseason 2nd best team in the East. It will be a tough game but also a good measuring stick for East. East will still contend for their Conference and be a tough out for anyone in the 3rd rd of the playoffs in small 4A.

Guys, I have watched him play, seen him at camps and Alim McNeil is legit. Like Playing on Sunday legit. Maybe not quite as highly rated as Dexter Lawrence a few years ago, but probably the defensive player with the highest "ceiling" of anybody in the state (2018 class). Young man is scary fast, strong for a player that size. You have a D1 defensive lineman playing LB in high school. You can run at him, just don't know if that's the plan I would pursue. Regardless, good luck to both teams, two really good teams in what should be a great game. Could go either way....

Hey, what's the low down on Mount Tabor this year? Saw everybody picking them over ND, some by like 30 points. Realize they handled my Black Knights last year, but are they really that good this year? I am selfishly hoping they are not....

I'm going to miss the CPC....doesn't feel different yet since we play Tabor and Davie the first two games. Enjoyed some of those rivalries, including West Forsyth. If you loved action packed HS football, the games between these two teams the last 2 years have been epic slug fests! Defense be darned, offensive fireworks galore! One of those games where no lead was safe.

East is loaded with young talent but they only return and handful of kids from last year. I don't think they fall off a cliff this year but I do think its hard to get better when you lose almost 40 seniors and the 2 kids that have led your offense and defense for the past 3-4 years. East is going to be playing ALOT of underclassmen this week and they also play Sanderson who in some peoples eyes is the 2nd best team in the East behind Wake Forest. From what I saw East is a lot faster at certain positions this year but you can also tell some kids are learning how to do it with the big boys on Friday night. Just alot of small mental mistakes like dropped passes, overthrows, holding penalties etc. Once they start clicking East is going to be a very good football team especially on defense. I just stated Week 1 they go against the preseason 2nd best team in the East. It will be a tough game but also a good measuring stick for East. East will still contend for their Conference and be a tough out for anyone in the 3rd rd of the playoffs in small 4A.

Still trying to figure out how they are now the 2nd best team in the east after getting blown out by 40 in the 2nd round of the playoffs last year but I guess we'll find out Saturday night. Will be a great test to start the year.

Reactions: ForsythFootball
@Warhead hit it on the head. I'm a East homer but I try to be a realist also. Yes we are talented but very inexperienced in spots. Starting only 2 seniors on defense. I would feel better a month later about this game. Having said that I may still change my pick to East understanding we're on field turf and I already believed we had a speed advantage anyhow. Felt bad picking Sanderson all week. I understand from watching film other than the D1 kid they're not that physical either. You can't beat East not being physical. By the way I need some stats on Crest against charlotte schools. Posters from Shelby went way on on West Forsyth and Forsyth Co football. Didn't care for it too much. Under Shelby vs Southpointe. You'd think we don't play football at all the way they spoke about the county. Having said that the only way to silence these hams is to win it all.

West Forsyth with a STATEMENT win! I think half of these peeps picked Lake Norman??? Btw... they didn't miss RB Caldwell. #17 ran wild..They are the real deal.., it was over early and it was worse than the score 42-14 they called the dogs off early. West QB answered some questions Dominating performance

Hearing ND was really given the hose job at Mt Tabor last night. Apparently on a drive with under 2 minutes it was so clear Helen Keller saw the ND RB helmet come off and officials didn't blow play dead and then kid goes down then ball pops out and a fumble is awarded....could have led to game winning score

Got the win against Sanderson. Lot's to work on but it's a win. Eagle Pride!!

How did Sanderson look? Are they as good as advertised?

Too early to tell much of anything from one game. Sanderson was big! 2 big backs that the eagles will be feeling in the morning. McNeill is the real deal making plays all over the field. Looked pretty strong across the board. East got a lot of pressure on the QB so not sure if that is a sign of a great pass rush or suspect O line for them. That was really the difference in the game.

Didn't see a drop off in size or athleticism for east from last year. Like others have said, it's a whole new team so watch out once they start gelling.

Reactions: Warhead1
Just got back from the game not too long ago and thank you East Forsyth for making me eat crow! The East Forsyth defense is pretty dang good again! If not for a turnover by the East offense and a blocked punt I don't think Sanderson scores one point! So yes the East Forsyth Defense is good. Anytime you shut down a D-1 RB the way East did tonight you have a good defense that gets after it. I was really surprised at how the young East defense swarmed to the ball as a team. Everytime Pinnix #6 touched the ball there were 3 or 4 guys hitting him. You guys say the East D may be sore I say Pinnix and those Sanderson RBs are going to be sore haha. With all that said it was a great week 1 HS Football game! Sorry for doubting Coach Willert and the Eagles East fans. Should have known better than to pick against them in week 1. Also, I want to add that the East Forsyth defensive coaching staff called a great game and absolutely shut down Pinnix and the Sanderson offense down. I said last year also said this in the off-season a couple times and will say it again.... Coach Beal is a great defensive coordinator East fans! I wish NW would have sealed the deal on hiring him as our Head Coach and bringing him back this off-season because we need help on defense but Wallace was a great hire for the Vikings. Congrats East Forsyth on the big win!

You could tell that the Eagles were young, but they will get better as the season progresses. I thought Sanderson was pretty good, but I couldn't figure out why they stopped feeding their horse #6. He would move them down the field, then Sanderson would fall in love with the pass and then punt. I really liked how the Eagles competed and showed some grit at the end to find a way to win.

I know this is far out and there are some games to go before it happens with some good teams, but I could potentially see a big time match-up with West Forsyth at East Forsyth Oct. 6 and both teams be 6-0...

East Forsyth has to coaches back with Beal who put together that D against Butler in playoffs back in 12. Not surprised and they will get better.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT