ADVERTISEMENT

CPC 2020 Conference Predictions

I'm not ready to make any official predictions, but here is what I am thinking.

1. East Forsyth (without a doubt)
2. Reagan (with West Forsyth & Glenn on their tails)
3. West Forsyth and Glenn will be neck and neck.
5. Davie County will be lethal on offense.
6. R.J. Reynolds will be solid, but I don't know if they'll break into the top half or not, but they'll be a tough out.

Reactions: Warhead1 and sammyk
More in depth look at each team to come.

East Forsyth
Glenn/West/Reagan/Davie
RJR

I expect the Conference champion will have at least 1 loss in conference play.

Reactions: Chris_Hughes
More in depth look at each team to come.

East Forsyth
Glenn/West/Reagan/Davie
RJR

I expect the Conference champion will have at least 1 loss in conference play.

You very well could be correct. I'm not counting on an East Forsyth loss, but I do think that Reagan is good enough to beat them, and you know that West always plays them tough, and Glenn has that cross-town motivation, plus the Glenn defense will be nasty.

Davie will be strong enough to cause any of them headaches, and R.J. Reynolds can still cause fits.

Quick thoughts on each team.

East Forsyth- Offense is loaded with D1 players. Should be one of the most explosive offenses in the State. Several holes on defense have to be addressed.

Glenn- Defense is loaded with D1 players. Should be one of the best D's in the State. Offense has to take some pressure off their Defense.

Reagan- Should have a good offense. Oline will be strong. Question for me is how will the defense be and who will be the QB this fall.

West- Lost a ton but always has a great JV. They have some big time guys on the Oline still and we know Snow is going to run the ball.

Davie- Very explosive offense! Their backfield will be one of the best in the area.

RJR - Will have a great QB that can make plays. Question is will they have enough weapons around him to beat any of the top teams?

I think Glenn will be the sleeper team in this conference because I feel they can make another solid run in the playoffs n within the conference

East Forsyth is always solid and they will stay one of teams team within that area

I have heard West Forsyth has lost a bit so will see how good they will be but they still be a tough team to beat.

RJ seems to be a decent team but Tough conference for them. I think RJ was in a different conference could they do better?

Reagan - I haven’t hear much about them this year

Davie: Heard they will be loaded on offense but again Can their Defense hold up. Defense has been good at times n Not so great at time

I think this will be a fun conference to watch to see how it turns out. Probably one of the most competitive 4A conference in the State.

I've coached, played, and been very close to this conference for over 30 years. If there is one constant about the CPC, it's that it has always been unpredictable, there always seems to be upsets that come from out of the blue, and teams will shock you when you think that you have them figured out.

Davie and Reynolds are always hard to figure out, they will beat your brains in, but have also been known to have a huge let down in games you expect them to win. It's been that way since 1985. But it's always made for exciting championship races.

Previous CPC Champions:
2019: West Forsyth

2018: East Forsyth

2017: West Forsyth

2016: Davie County

2015: Reagan/North Davidson/West Forsyth

2014: Reagan

2013: West Forsyth

2012: North Davidson

2011: Mt. Tabor

2010: Mt. Tabor

2009: R.J. Reynolds

2008: Mt. Tabor

2007: Mt. Tabor

2006: Davie/West Forsyth/Mt. Tabor

2005: Davie/West Forsyth/Mt. Tabor

2004: Davie

2003: West Forsyth

2002: West Forsyth

2001: South Rowan/North Davidson/Davie

2000: R.J. Reynolds/West Forsyth/South Rowan

1999: Davie

1998: Mt. Tabor

1997: Mt. Tabor

1996: Mt. Tabor

1995: West Forsyth

1994: Mt. Tabor

1993: Mt. Tabor

1992: West Forsyth

1991: West Forsyth

1990: West Forsyth

1989: West Forsyth

1988: Parkland/Reynolds/Kannapolis

1987: Kannapolis

1986: West Forsyth

1985: Parkland

I think Glenn will be the sleeper team in this conference because I feel they can make another solid run in the playoffs n within the conference

East Forsyth is always solid and they will stay one of teams team within that area

I have heard West Forsyth has lost a bit so will see how good they will be but they still be a tough team to beat.

RJ seems to be a decent team but Tough conference for them. I think RJ was in a different conference could they do better?

Reagan - I haven’t hear much about them this year

Davie: Heard they will be loaded on offense but again Can their Defense hold up. Defense has been good at times n Not so great at time

I disagree on Glenn being a sleeper. They are a favorite to win the Conference with those big time players on defense.

As for East Forsyth being a solid team? They are back to back 4a State champs. They have 2 state championships and only 2 loses since 2017. Think that's better than just a solid team they are the standard in 4a

Davie County in my mind is the sleeper team. They have the weapons to make a lot of noise and nobody outside their fan base will pick them to win

If you could put some of Davie’s offensive studs and their QB on Glenn’s team with that defense, that would be scary.

I disagree on Glenn being a sleeper. They are a favorite to win the Conference with those big time players on defense.

As for East Forsyth being a solid team? They are back to back 4a State champs. They have 2 state championships and only 2 loses since 2017. Think that's better than just a solid team they are the standard in 4a

Davie County in my mind is the sleeper team. They have the weapons to make a lot of noise and nobody outside their fan base will pick them to win

On East Forsyth I should of used a better term but You are correct , EF is the one of the best 4A teams within the state. They have dominated that conference

Quick thoughts on each team.

East Forsyth- Offense is loaded with D1 players. Should be one of the most explosive offenses in the State. Several holes on defense have to be addressed.

Glenn- Defense is loaded with D1 players. Should be one of the best D's in the State. Offense has to take some pressure off their Defense.

Reagan- Should have a good offense. Oline will be strong. Question for me is how will the defense be and who will be the QB this fall.

West- Lost a ton but always has a great JV. They have some big time guys on the Oline still and we know Snow is going to run the ball.

Davie- Very explosive offense! Their backfield will be one of the best in the area.

RJR - Will have a great QB that can make plays. Question is will they have enough weapons around him to beat any of the top teams?

Holes on defense will be more than addressed. Our O may make it a non issue.

You very well could be correct. I'm not counting on an East Forsyth loss, but I do think that Reagan is good enough to beat them, and you know that West always plays them tough, and Glenn has that cross-town motivation, plus the Glenn defense will be nasty.

Davie will be strong enough to cause any of them headaches, and R.J. Reynolds can still cause fits.

I said last year if anyone was going to beat us (EF) it was then. If we do get beat in conference I promise it won't be Reagan after they finally got us last year. That was the first time we ever lost to them and it didn't feel good. Lol

Of the 3 teams attempting to make a run to States of the last 3 this team may be our most deep team yet. Reagan finally got us with probably our worst of the 3 teams in the closing moments yet they won (hats off).

If our D comes out the gate and does anything it'll be something to behold.

Our O will similar to 2015 with a better QB and more deeper weapons.

I've coached, played, and been very close to this conference for over 30 years. If there is one constant about the CPC, it's that it has always been unpredictable, there always seems to be upsets that come from out of the blue, and teams will shock you when you think that you have them figured out.

Davie and Reynolds are always hard to figure out, they will beat your brains in, but have also been known to have a huge let down in games you expect them to win. It's been that way since 1985. But it's always made for exciting championship races.

Previous CPC Champions:
2019: West Forsyth

2018: East Forsyth

2017: West Forsyth

2016: Davie County

2015: Reagan/North Davidson/West Forsyth

2014: Reagan

2013: West Forsyth

2012: North Davidson

2011: Mt. Tabor

2010: Mt. Tabor

2009: R.J. Reynolds

2008: Mt. Tabor

2007: Mt. Tabor

2006: Davie/West Forsyth/Mt. Tabor

2005: Davie/West Forsyth/Mt. Tabor

2004: Davie

2003: West Forsyth

2002: West Forsyth

2001: South Rowan/North Davidson/Davie

2000: R.J. Reynolds/West Forsyth/South Rowan

1999: Davie

1998: Mt. Tabor

1997: Mt. Tabor

1996: Mt. Tabor

1995: West Forsyth

1994: Mt. Tabor

1993: Mt. Tabor

1992: West Forsyth

1991: West Forsyth

1990: West Forsyth

1989: West Forsyth

1988: Parkland/Reynolds/Kannapolis

1987: Kannapolis

1986: West Forsyth

1985: Parkland

In 1988 Kannapolis lost the 3 way draw and did not make the playoffs. They were 8-2 that year. That was the last time Kannapolis did not make the playoffs.

All I know is the town of Kernersville has some insane talent! Both East Forsyth and Glenn are loaded with kids that will be playing on Saturdays. Can't wait for the battle of the Kernersville Cup this year!

Reactions: Veejay4
1. EF
2, 3, 4. WF, Glenn, Reagan
5. DC
6. RJR

In 2019 the top-5 in the CPC went a combined 49-19 (.720). The conference sort of eliminated itself in the postseason as DC lost to EF and Reagan lost to WF in Rd 2. Overall, this conference has good coaching staffs who know how to prepare their clubs.

This conference is going to be fun to watch. I'll take East as the frontrunner. I don't who ends up #2. Or 3,4, and 5 for that matter. I think any of those teams could beat the other on any given Friday. I still think RJR will bring up the rear.

My favorite matchup is going to be Davie vs. Glenn. I'm not missing that one.

Reactions: Warhead1
This conference is going to be fun to watch. I'll take East as the frontrunner. I don't who ends up #2. Or 3,4, and 5 for that matter. I think any of those teams could beat the other on any given Friday. I still think RJR will bring up the rear.

My favorite matchup is going to be Davie vs. Glenn. I'm not missing that one.

Why is the Davie Glenn matchup so intriguing? Davie had that same offense against that same defense and was man handled at home last year. Just curious your thoughts?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT