ADVERTISEMENT

Covid statistics from football playing states?

Ooooner

Apr 12, 2006
Concord, North Carolina
I just got to thinking (which is dangerous) about other states that are playing football this fall. Has there been a problem with Covid-19 spreading because of the kids playing football? I haven't heard or seen anything about that. Maybe it's been posted here but I missed it if it was posted.

Reactions: UNC91
For what it is worth - Volleyball did have issues and Seem like basketball are already having some issues with Covid and the season for basketball just started!!!

I have a family member that works for a hs in Georgia and the only covid related issues that they had was at the beginning of the season, she had a few guys go to a party and the all tested positive. Other then that no issues due to playing football

The short answer is "no".

Cant say Ive seen any reports of any issues with HS Football in other states that had HS Athletics Associations with competent leaders that can think for themselves.

Reactions: Ooooner and UNC91
The short answer is "no".

Cant say Ive seen any reports of any issues with HS Football in other states that had HS Athletics Associations with competent leaders that can think for themselves.

Missouri had 4 teams either forfeit or reschedule during the regular season. 2 Teams (high ranked ones) had to forfeit in the playoffs. Otherwise it went ok. All had in person attendance although with reduced seating in the stands. At our games and away I went to had the sidelines an end zones packed with lawn chairs. I made almost all games of the local teams regular season and playoffs. Basketball and other sports went and are going OK with no problems I heard of. Basketball and volley ball would have been the worst if there had been any problems. I believe Missouri has a higher rate than NC.

Reactions: SWO-WA and UNC91
I just got to thinking (which is dangerous) about other states that are playing football this fall. Has there been a problem with Covid-19 spreading because of the kids playing football? I haven't heard or seen anything about that. Maybe it's been posted here but I missed it if it was posted.

I believe the answer to your question is no. Have there been cases at schools? Yes, but from what all I've seen it's been from kids being at school around each other, not from playing sports.

Reactions: Ooooner
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT