ADVERTISEMENT

Cougars vs Rockets - MAC Championship

Well what do you know. We target Makauis brewer for the first time tonight with 5 mins left in the game. 30 yard touchdown.

Pathetic night all the way around. Hats off to Reynolds they kicked our ass tonight and the MAC title streak is over.

Well, sometimes you have to get your butt whooped to wake your guys up. Hopefully that was a wake up call for our boys. Congrats to the Rockets. Ya'll took us to the wood shed and we had no answer for Dowdle. Good luck to ya'll the rest of the year and represent the MAC well in the playoffs.

Our offense drives me crazy. If you are going to keep running at least have some urgency, our line just walks around. Get up to the line and snap the ball.

No need to pile it on. Everyone was classy coming into this one except cqajdd! I bet he is choking to death on all that crap he has talked all week!!!!
I'm not choking on anything big mouth. I still stand behind my Cougars. Let me guess. You are a Erwin fan. Go to sleep.

ACR was just too much for Asheville tonight. ACR got out to a quick start and it just snowballed from there. I think some of the Asheville players got a little shell shocked and couldn't recover mentally. Rico Dowdle proved that he is the best player in WNC ( McDowell county & west). I really have to question some of Asheville's play calling when they got down by so much.

Thanks to the Asheville guys on here for the classy posts. You guys will be fine. You guys just ran into a team tonight that is clicking right now. Good luck the rest of the year. I hope Reggie is ok. I really like that kid. He played for me in youth league. Incredible young man.

ACR was just too much for Asheville tonight. ACR got out to a quick start and it just snowballed from there. I think some of the Asheville players got a little shell shocked and couldn't recover mentally. Rico Dowdle proved that he is the best player in WNC ( McDowell county & west). I really have to question some of Asheville's play calling when they got down by so much.

Thanks to the Asheville guys on here for the classy posts. You guys will be fine. You guys just ran into a team tonight that is clicking right now. Good luck the rest of the year. I hope Reggie is ok. I really like that kid. He played for me in youth league. Incredible young man.

I have never had anything but respect for Reynolds and after last night I can see why. The Rockets are more than just Rico Dowdle. You guys are a complete team. Linebackers taking our handoffs in the back field......shutting down our run....O-line making huge holes for Dowdle and Logan. I know we all go back and forth on here and beat each other up, but Reynolds is a class act program and an awesome fan base. I just wish we'd have used more of our play makers last night and been better prepared. Either way I don't think we were gonna come out of there with a win after seeing what you guys really were. Congrats again Rockets.

Reactions: artvandelay
What I took away from the game:

I watched last year's Rico HUDL highlights vs Asheville and here's what I saw besides ACR not scoring until the 4th quarter. I saw an Asheville defense that was not letting go of the runner. You can see his ability and strength but the breaking away was held to a minimum.

Asheville's D this year didn't quit during the game after being down. They couldn't tackle him from beginning to end. That determination to stop him wasn't there. Gang tackling is an attitude and this year it doesn't exist.

Last year's Asheville D held Freedom's RB Emmons in check. They knew his talent and took the challenge.

That attitude doesn't come from a D coordinator who never played. It's got to come from those leaders who returned from last year as All MAC Def. players.

Asheville barely got through their 2A non-conf schedule this year without a loss and somehow were ranked #3 in the state in 3A.

ACR brought an attitude and deserves to be the #3 team in the state.

You suck loser.

Did you notice that not one Erwin said anything about how close our game was with ACR in the 4th qtr. Nobody has piled on and you are still on here running your mouth. Every single Asheville fan on here has been a class act except you. You bring zero to these boards. Get lost punk!

Reactions: CougarsOfAHS
Congrats to Reynolds on the MAC title. Rico Dowdle is amazing. Maybe the best I have ever seen in WNC. I have never seen one player more important to a teams success. I just hope he stays healthy. Losing him would devastate the Rockets.

Did you notice that not one Erwin said anything about how close our game was with ACR in the 4th qtr. Nobody has piled on and you are still on here running your mouth. Every single Asheville fan on here has been a class act except you. You bring zero to these boards. Get lost punk!
The only punk on the board is you. Loser. I will search you out in the stands in November.

Our defense is pathetic. We committ every single cardinal sin on defense. Dowdle reminds me alot more of Michael Byrd from Asheville than Crezdon butler or Johnny white. Byrd and dowdle got snubbed on the shrine bowl. Butler and white didnt.

Reactions: Reynoldsrocks2
Maybe Reynolds will give Crest a decent game, the east bracket will not have cupcake teams like Asheville.

Our defense is pathetic. We committ every single cardinal sin on defense. Dowdle reminds me alot more of Michael Byrd from Asheville than Crezdon butler or Johnny white. Byrd and dowdle got snubbed on the shrine bowl. Butler and white didnt.

The boy looks fast, but you got to consider who he was playing.

Now you can see why Shelby has given up a lot of points this year . Playing against Dowdle from AC Reynolds , Emmons from Freedom , and The South Point Red Bone . Shelby has had many starters out for several weeks and is 7-0 against some pretty good teams . Watching this video of Dowdle shred Ashevilles .Defense up makes me feel better about the AC and Shelby game . That guy is amazing to watch on the field

Ram Hard, Asheville looked pathetic on Friday but we are far from a cupcake. Crest will likely be small 3a so Reynolds biggest threat out of the west will likely be Weddington.

Now you can see why Shelby has given up a lot of points this year . Playing against Dowdle from AC Reynolds , Emmons from Freedom , and The South Point Red Bone . Shelby has had many starters out for several weeks and is 7-0 against some pretty good teams . Watching this video of Dowdle shred Ashevilles .Defense up makes me feel better about the AC and Shelby game . That guy is amazing to watch on the field
If you had to pick one... Dowdle or Emmons? Just curious.

Ram Hard, Asheville looked pathetic on Friday but we are far from a cupcake. Crest will likely be small 3a so Reynolds biggest threat out of the west will likely be Weddington.

Not trying to flame but after watching your team play Reynolds, you guys are terrible its funny they had you guys rank in the top 5 in 3A. You guys lack team speed, to compete with the big boys like Crest and Havelock.

Not trying to flame but after watching your team play Reynolds, you guys are terrible its funny they had you guys rank in the top 5 in 3A. You guys lack team speed, to compete with the big boys like Crest and Havelock.

Can't really argue with that, that was as bad as our defense has looked in several years. I honestly think crest and havelock are on another level than anyone else in 3a. I strongly believe that we could've at least competed with crest and havelock last year though. Our team speed was a lot better last year and we were virtually 1 play away from playing northern Guilford in the title game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT