ADVERTISEMENT

Coronavirus Pandemic with update from NCHSAA

Herd immunity doesn't seem to work with this virus. Some articles are saying people are catching it more than once(like cold or flu) which is seriously concerning.Like the spanish flu, I think this thing will cycle through for another year, until it vanishes/dies out which it seems to do when social distancing is done right.

Or when a vaccine is available. One of the reasons the stock market had a big up day yesterday and looks like another strong opening today is because of news about vaccines developments worldwide. There are more than 150 vaccines under testing now. In two weeks a 30,000 person vaccine trial begins which is the final step before making the vaccine available to the public. That process would normally mean a successful trial will make the vaccine available to the public by year end.

Thomasville will decide at a meeting tonight between two options. The first is having students attend school every other week. The second is A/B days with students going two days per week and the fifth day virtual......so, in essence three days per week.

Lexington has decided for the every other week option.

Both systems will have full online classes available for student whose parents don’t want to send their student to on campus classes.

Don’t know exactly what that means for athletics, but practices will be tough either way. There will be many students in both systems who won’t have transportation on days they are not at the school buildings.

Reactions: Crest is Garbage
Looks more like College Football will not happen.

No Fall College Sports definitely No Fall High School Sports

Rockingham County School board just voted 5-1 in favor of plan C for the first five weeks of school..Remote learning for all students

Thomasville will decide at a meeting tonight between two options. The first is having students attend school every other week. The second is A/B days with students going two days per week and the fifth day virtual......so, in essence three days per week.

Lexington has decided for the every other week option.

Both systems will have full online classes available for student whose parents don’t want to send their student to on campus classes.

Don’t know exactly what that means for athletics, but practices will be tough either way. There will be many students in both systems who won’t have transportation on days they are not at the school buildings.

TCS will be Plan C Remote Only to begin school. Will be reevaluated on 9/7.

TCS will be Plan C Remote Only to begin school. Will be reevaluated on 9/7.
Thanks for the update, Wow71. Guess there was a third option that the Dispatch didn’t report. With that, I assume that the earliest Thomasville would play would be September 11th. I guess they could play before students are on campus, but it seems very unlikely.

I notice that Coach Robertson says that 9/25 is the earliest he would feel comfortable playing if practice starts 9/1. He too mentions spring season as viable.

I agree with the thought that the model Virginia proposed about starting in December might be the best scenario we are looking at for the 2020-2021 school year

Plan C was an available option for any system. You can go lower that Cooper's recommended plan, you can't go higher. If he had chose A, local systems were still able to choose B or C.

Reactions: BK13T-$ and UNC91
I just read an interesting article talking about a top QB prospect in California. If football is moved to spring he will skip his senior season due to risk of injury so close to starting college ball. I wonder if others will follow suit?

Reactions: UNC91
That’s basketball season
Thanks for the heads up as I did misread the proposal at first but in Model 3 of their proposal football and fall sports still will be played... I assumed season 1 was fall, season 2 winter, etc..

Model 3 – Delay all VHSL sports and adopt the Condensed Interscholastic Plan. Leave all sports in the season where they are currently aligned. Under this model, each sports season would be shrunk to about 60 percent of its traditional length.

• Season 1 (winter sports): Dec. 14 to Feb. 20

• Season 2 (fall sports): Feb. 15 to May 1

• Season 3 (spring sports): April 12 to June 26

Reactions: Ramkiller2016
I just read an interesting article talking about a top QB prospect in California. If football is moved to spring he will skip his senior season due to risk of injury so close to starting college ball. I wonder if others will follow suit?

He won’t be the only one. There are quite a few kids in my area who will choose to graduate in December and go ahead and enroll at their college for spring practice. Now, who knows what that looks like right now... but yes, for those kids with that talent, go on ahead and graduate and get an extra semester under your belt. It’ll allow you to have a more manageable course load. An abbreviated high school season isn’t worth staying for if you have a chance to get ahead where you’re going.

I saw this on a different message board.

https://americanmind.org/essays/the-covid-coup/

Light on facts, heavy on propaganda.

“Without face-to-face contact, television became the chief means by which communication took place—but it was one-way communication, whose programming and corporate advertising—immediately—began telling the people the joys of obedience: “we are all in this together,” “ Alone, together.”

It reeks of Orwell. The companies whose advertising pays for this are household names: Adidas, Amazon, Airbnb, American Express, Bank of America, BMW, Burger King, Citigroup, Coca Cola, DHL, Disney, eBay, General Motors, Goldman Sachs, Google, IBM, Mastercard, McDonald’s, Microsoft, Netflix, Nike, Pfizer, Procter & Gamble, Sony, Starbucks, Twitter, Verizon, Walmart, Warner Brothers and YouTube. The ruling class.

Driven by the politics of partisan identity, the ruling class used the COVID-19 event to collapse American life.”

It takes some serious mental gymnastics to believe stuff like this. o_O

tenor.gif

Phase #3 of (unknown)..?
OK, so the pressing question in my mind now is will the "phases" go into double digits, triple digits, or maybe even triple digits with fractions? Obviously, "phases" equals restrictions, as such, we may never see normality in North Carolina again.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT