ADVERTISEMENT

Coronavirus Pandemic with update from NCHSAA

I had a doctor (retired US Army SF and civilian practice) tell me in early April. Shut everything down for a month, everything(!), except for the absolute most essential personnel and you may get a handle on it. If not it will be an issue for a very long time. I thought he was crazy! He said a few other things that made me scratch my head including in May saying that schools would not go back this fall which I called BS on but now wonder. He explained it was not the students health as the main issue but the peope they come in contact with and pointed to lower income families that have smaller living quarters, larger families, multi generational households, and multi family housing units all as an issue. He is sharp and he is harsh and I wonder if he was very much on point.
That was the biggest thing I couldn’t understand back in Mid-March. We are going to shut down everything but the essential businesses but honestly only really shut down a couple industries(Restaurants, Hotels, Gyms and Entertainment Venues), everything else pretty much stayed open. I said then and will say it now if they were saying 2-3 weeks why not shut it all down for that amount of time and then when that timeframe was over we could go back to being 75-80% back to normal with maybe the elderly and high risk still being infected which occurs on a regular basis as well!!!

Reactions: LHSfaninVA
Most of folks getting this virus now are asymptomatic. The number of cases are going up but mortality rate is going down.
That's because most old people are staying home and wear masks when they go out.We know it kills older people more than the young.Since it's scars your lungs we have no idea what happens to the younger ones when they get old.But we do know what smoking does and they say the virus is worse.

Wearing a mask doesn’t protect the person wearing it. Herd immunity is the best way seemingly

Reactions: Mbulld
screenshot_20200702-205509_youtube-jpg.103691

Reactions: BK13T-$
WBTV says over 74000 people have tested positive but its not known how many are active. Wouldn't that number be important too?

Masks hopefully will slow it so our hospitals do not get slammed with too many patients at one time. Herd immunity is great but needs to happen slowly. Saw we needed like 80-90% of population for that to work.

Masks hopefully will slow it so our hospitals do not get slammed with too many patients at one time. Herd immunity is great but needs to happen slowly. Saw we needed like 80-90% of population for that to work.
Herd immunity is a moving target on this virus. No one even knows if its possible. Ask yourself this. Is there a cure, a vaccine, or herd immunity for that virus known as the common cold?

I read an article today saying major college football is closer to spring ball then what they are saying to the media .

No. But even if I did think that way the baby would grow up and have a life. All these arguments for house arrest is in the name of saving life

You dont know if he is pro life or pro fetus.

Your pro abortion bro

Had a friend tell me he had family members (2) that were scheduled to get covid 19 test. They were unable to make it for the test. They received a phone call that both had tested positive.

You dont know if he is pro life or pro fetus.

Your pro abortion bro

And you’re wrong, I don’t support abortion and never will. I believe we are all endowed with the “unalienable rights” of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. That goes for everyone.

I’m just not a hypocrite. I fully support taking care of all children until they can adequately take care of themselves, regardless of where they come from.

Last edited:
Reactions: Squirrel Gravy
I have a similar story smashmouth...I have a friend whose wife works at an assisted living facility where they were testing all residents...just to see she made up a name and didn't even use the swab test at all on anyone...and it came back positive. There is a lot of shady s**t going on.

Had a friend tell me he had family members (2) that were scheduled to get covid 19 test. They were unable to make it for the test. They received a phone call that both had tested positive.

Yeah man, you have that video you posted, Covid is obviously a hoax and we need to toughen up as a society. Live life to fullest, no mask, no cares! Screw the old people, screw the people who have compromised immune systems. Show the world who’s boss. Right?

I mean, it got so bad this week that President finally wore a mask in public. What a weak move? Such a loser.

Reactions: GSO-Triple5
Yeah man, you have that video you posted, Covid is obviously a hoax and we need to toughen up as a society. Live life to fullest, no mask, no cares! Screw the old people, screw the people who have compromised immune systems. Show the world who’s boss. Right?

I mean, it got so bad this week that President finally wore a mask in public. What a weak move? Such a loser.

Never said it was fake. Know people who have died. I am in the compromised immune system category,. Wore my mask to the store today, but it is obvious people are getting half truths. But you will respond with some assumption that you think you know about some one. I guess to question authority is ok as long as it isn't your beliefs. The worse thing that is happening to this country is that the arena of debate is getting destroyed. There is no room for an exchange of ideas. I post a couple differing opinions and you tell me how I feel. Are the questions being asked not valid? How are people getting positive results without even taking a test. One of the questions that got me from the video, is why isn't this virus killing off the homeless? They fit every category for how deadly this disease can be. If it isn't, then what are they doing right? Lot more questions than answers.

And you’re wrong, I don’t support abortion and never will. I believe we are all endowed with the “unalienable rights” of life, liberty, and the “pursuit” of happiness. That goes for everyone.

I’m just not a hypocrite. I fully support those children until they can adequately take care of themselves. Can you say the same?

fully supporting them means paying taxes. You can’t pay taxes with no jobs

Never said it was fake. Know people who have died. I am in the compromised immune system category,. Wore my mask to the store today, but it is obvious people are getting half truths. But you will respond with some assumption that you think you know about some one. I guess to question authority is ok as long as it isn't your beliefs. The worse thing that is happening to this country is that the arena of debate is getting destroyed. There is no room for an exchange of ideas. I post a couple differing opinions and you tell me how I feel. Are the questions being asked not valid? How are people getting positive results without even taking a test. One of the questions that got me from the video, is why isn't this virus killing off the homeless? They fit every category for how deadly this disease can be. If it isn't, then what are they doing right? Lot more questions than answers.

I was commenting on the video that you posted and the comments from others that followed. I apologize for making assumptions and coming off in a negative way.

I’m frustrated with the course of this situation and part of the problem is bad information that people are spreading. It has put us at a disadvantage in trying to get a handle on the problem and if we would have done the hard things earlier, we could be doing the things that other countries are now doing. Instead, we are seeing record case numbers on an almost daily basis with no sign of change in the near future.

It sucks to see businesses closed and people out of work. It sucks that the Fall football season could be canceled or postponed. Here’s the thing though, If I need to be a “panic pusher” to get those things back faster, I will gladly take that deal. At the end of the day, we all want everything to go back to normal.

I’m confused on the testing situation for your friends. Maybe it was a mistake? However, I don’t think the whole system is rigged and giving out false positives because of a piece of anecdotal evidence. It would be nice to be at a place where people can get tested and then have their results back on the same day. I think that would go a long way in tamping this thing down.

The homeless question is interesting. It looks to differ significantly by city and region. I wonder how much the different cities responses contribute to that? I’ve seen where some cities are putting up homeless people in hotels to try to limit the spread and keep them separated. I also wonder if the numbers are being underreported because of a lack of data on the group in general. How do you accurately gauge a group that exist on the fringe of society?

Wearing a mask doesn’t protect the person wearing it. Herd immunity is the best way seemingly

Herd immunity doesn't seem to work with this virus. Some articles are saying people are catching it more than once(like cold or flu) which is seriously concerning.Like the spanish flu, I think this thing will cycle through for another year, until it vanishes/dies out which it seems to do when social distancing is done right.

Reactions: Crest is Garbage
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT