ADVERTISEMENT

Coronavirus Pandemic with update from NCHSAA

If this is the case, so be it, as weird as it sounds. I don’t think there will be concessions and it will be interesting to see how many masks are still on at actual kickoff. The Chinese flu has changed normal to abnormal and politics are in charge. Common sense will find a way.

If this is the case, so be it, as weird as it sounds. I don’t think there will be concessions and it will be interesting to see how many masks are still on at actual kickoff. The Chinese flu has changed normal to abnormal and politics are in charge. Common sense will find a way.

People wearing masks at a football game during the 1918 pandemic.
1918-pandemic-football-game-andy-mcneil.png

After reading Nolte's comments about not delaying graduation til July or August like other districts are because of the feedback they are getting from Raleigh, I don't think football or anything is happening. I think they are going to try and kick the can into next spring. Cooper and his minions are too reluctant to make decisions.

If I had a kid that had potential to play beyond being a senior, I'd be looking to send him to SC, TN or Ga. Especially if on June 15th, they don't have any further plan to start training besides delaying it again.

Last edited:
Reactions: btango
After reading Nolte's comments about not delaying graduation til July or August like other districts are because of the feedback they are getting from Raleigh, I don't think football or anything is happening. I think they are going to try and kick the can into next spring. Cooper and his minions are too reluctant to make decisions If I had a kid that had potential to play beyond being a senior, I'd be looking to send him to SC, TN or Ga. Especially if on June 15th, they don't have any further plan to start training besides delaying it again.
When is Tenn and Georgia going to start?

After reading Nolte's comments about not delaying graduation til July or August like other districts are because of the feedback they are getting from Raleigh, I don't think football or anything is happening. I think they are going to try and kick the can into next spring. Cooper and his minions are too reluctant to make decisions If I had a kid that had potential to play beyond being a senior, I'd be looking to send him to SC, TN or Ga. Especially if on June 15th, they don't have any further plan to start training besides delaying it again.
Cooper is pushing back on the RNC in August saying the state is not ready for crowds so i agree i would be surprised to see football this fall.

This governor seems determined to keep the RNC out of NC, probably on orders from DC. I agree with Lawndog12. Not looking good for the “boys of fall”. NFL and College FB may start in some form but HS FB needs a miracle.

Reactions: Lawn12Dog
This governor seems determined to keep the RNC out of NC, probably on orders from DC. I agree with Lawndog12. Not looking good for the “boys of fall”. NFL and College FB may start in some form but HS FB needs a miracle.

Well, I don't normally like to talk politics but these decisions will affect football this fall.

I have know the Gov for many, many years. He does everything based on polling. So if the public wants school and football this fall that is what he will favor. Remember, he is on the ballot in November. And he most definitely does not want a Republican convention in Charlotte in August. That will not help his reelection chances which are looking very good right now.

My money is on school and football this fall.

Well, I don't normally like to talk politics but these decisions will affect football this fall.

I have know the Gov for many, many years. He does everything based on polling. So if the public wants school and football this fall that is what he will favor. Remember, he is on the ballot in November. And he most definitely does not want a Republican convention in Charlotte in August. That will not help his reelection chances which are looking very good right now.

My money is on school and football this fall.
Truth is Trump couldn't bully Cooper like he did the other GOP Governors..By the way Cooper will win in November.Forest is a pitiful candidate.
Now back to High School football.

Reactions: GSO-Triple5
Just go up the creek.. You can practice there... Only had 8 ...that's under the limits ..right????

You’re driving down the road at 25 mph, wearing a seat belt and have a front blown tire. You run into a bridge abutment. Chances are very good that you walk away.
The same scenario at 85 mph with no seat belt. You’re very likely dead.

There’s a similar difference between walking around, six feet apart with a mask versus sitting for two hours with no mask in a crowded theater, church or even outside at a ball game. It’s about level of risk. That’s why all these comparisons that don’t take into account the levels of activity or proximity aren’t valid. It’s why gyms, barber shops, theaters and bars aren’t the same as a retail store or restaurant at fifty percent capacity. No matter how much people want to deny it, there is logic and science behind these decisions. And North Carolina has had a horrible past few days in almost every metric. The deaths are escalating at a disproportionate rate. I support the Governor’s decisions.

You’re driving down the road at 25 mph, wearing a seat belt and have a front blown tire. You run into a bridge abutment. Chances are very good that you walk away.
The same scenario at 85 mph with no seat belt. You’re very likely dead.

There’s a similar difference between walking around, six feet apart with a mask versus sitting for two hours with no mask in a crowded theater, church or even outside at a ball game. It’s about level of risk. That’s why all these comparisons that don’t take into account the levels of activity or proximity aren’t valid. It’s why gyms, barber shops, theaters and bars aren’t the same as a retail store or restaurant at fifty percent capacity. No matter how much people want to deny it, there is logic and science behind these decisions. And North Carolina has had a horrible past few days in almost every metric. The deaths are escalating at a disproportionate rate. I support the Governor’s decisions.

I think these peaceful protests are fine but the rioting needs to stop.

When was the last time you quarantined all the healthy people?
Gov wasn't socially distanced in that vid. Nice mask he was wearing.
Typical don't do as I do just what I say.

Reactions: Mhsneer
When was the last time you quarantined all the healthy people?
Gov wasn't socially distanced in that vid. Nice mask he was wearing.
Typical don't do as I do just what I say.
He actually was socially distanced from everyone except his bodyguard. And I saw most of this live. That white thing is his mask, which he wore most of the time, except when answering questions while walking.

He actually was socially distanced from everyone except his bodyguard. And I saw most of this live. That white thing is his mask, which he wore most of the time, except when answering questions while walking.

Is he protesting our police here in NC??

Reactions: Mhsneer
He suppresses what ever he’s told to suppress. I really had some real hope of HS football this fall but this guy seems to enjoy his heavy hand on the state. I have more doubt now than when this mess started that high school football will actually happen. Pros maybe, college maybe, but Friday night lights, we can only hope and pray! What a shame!

He suppresses what ever he’s told to suppress. I really had some real hope of HS football this fall but this guy seems to enjoy his heavy hand on the state. I have more doubt now than when this mess started that high school football will actually happen. Pros maybe, college maybe, but Friday night lights, we can only hope and pray! What a shame!

all states around us are open

Is he protesting our police here in NC??
I certainly can’t speak for Governor Cooper. But I hope that he is recognizing that, while most police officers try hard to protect and serve everyone, that there are still many instances where justice isn’t blind. That we need to have more honest conversations about our differences and our commonalities. That we need to listen at least as much as we talk. And that he respects all who exercise their right to assemble and protest, whether it’s for First Amendment or Second Amendment rights.

I certainly can’t speak for Governor Cooper. But I hope that he is recognizing that, while most police officers try hard to protect and serve everyone, that there are still many instances where justice isn’t blind. That we need to have more honest conversations about our differences and our commonalities. That we need to listen at least as much as we talk. And that he respects all who exercise their right to assemble and protest, whether it’s for First Amendment or Second Amendment rights.

Well a bigger problem in this country is our media that is driven to push a certain agenda. If you dont think so I suggest you spend some time researching deaths in the United States. It's frustrating to see all police lumped into one pile because of a death in one city. There is no doubt that police officer was wrong. There is no doubt the others with him were wrong too. Punish them to the max. They should be held to a higher standard and they are. But don't ignore those stats I suggested you to look up. The police are not the real threat to America's black population. The media can't make money off of Blacks killing Blacks. Do you think Al Sharpton
cares about that? Label me as you like but I'm just being frank. Acting like fools and burning your community will help nothing. When the smoke clears and a bigger story happens along those people will end up stuck right where they are and those white kids with the antifa shirts that are provoking the violence will be gone laughing. All they care about is overthrowing the government. The economy had gotten too good for them. Anything goes. That is what this is all about.

So its ok to protest but not ok to go out to eat at a restaurant?
Its ok to protest but not ok to go to school?
Its ok to protest but not ok to work?
So much for being locked down eh? Sounds like it is and was all bs. We were supposed to flatten the curve not our state.
The Gov is a dumbass

I bet the CC Fair bites the dust this year as well.....No vinegar fries this year..

Forgot about the fair. Lawn 12 Dog is right on. It would be like social distancing a kicked over ant hill. No CC fair this year unless Roy and Mandy declare the virus over. No CC fair, no HS football, this is like a Stephen King book. “The year America vanished “.

Reactions: Lawn12Dog
It’s the year the government showed us how weak we really are and how dependent on them we’re going to be

Forgot about the fair. Lawn 12 Dog is right on. It would be like social distancing a kicked over ant hill. No CC fair this year unless Roy and Mandy declare the virus over. No CC fair, no HS football, this is like a Stephen King book. “The year America vanished “.
But yet today a guy tells me practice starts for sure on 6/15. Who knows what to believe these days

So its ok to protest but not ok to go out to eat at a restaurant?
Its ok to protest but not ok to go to school?
Its ok to protest but not ok to work?
So much for being locked down eh? Sounds like it is and was all bs. We were supposed to flatten the curve not our state.
The Gov is a dumbass

You can't have more than 50 people assembled in church but you can have hundreds shoulder to shoulder in the streets in a protest. Cooper does not want to open the economy as quickly as he possibly can. He, like other Democratic governors want to slow walk it in hopes that it will result in Trump being defeated at the ballot box.

With the surprising great news about the economy today the Democrats hopes for the economy coming back slow look dim. Governor Cooper's decision about the RNC convention will cost Charlotte millions of dollars in revenue and jobs and I hope it costs him at the ballot box in November.

Reactions: Ooooner and 91ths
It's going to be very difficult given the monumental events that's transpired this year for any state to effectively make anybody stay home again in the event of another surge. And understandably so.

Reactions: BlueVols
I think high school football season will happen. But I can almost guarantee you that everybody will have their temperature checked before heading into the game. Also masks will be mandatory as well IMO. In Tarboro if we don't have a football season it's a devastating blow to the school and the town. Im sure these other high school football towns are the same.

Reactions: PBBear51
I believe we’ll have football this fall. But whether we do and what it looks like will be a direct result of how we behave now. Positives, hospitalizations and deaths are all accelerating statewide. If that trend reverses, we’ll get there. If not, it’s gonna be a long second half of 2020. Like in elections, we’ll get what we deserve.

If masks are required count me out. They are proven ineffective and nothing more than a sign of compliance. This wasnt the 1918 spanish flu.Not even close.It is a serious virus as are many that has been politicized and overblown.

If masks are required count me out. They are proven ineffective and nothing more than a sign of compliance. This wasnt the 1918 spanish flu.Not even close.It is a serious virus as are many that has been politicized and overblown.
Me wearing a mask is primarily intended to keep you from catching it from me. Twenty five percent of positive cases show no symptoms. In that sense, it’s very effective. I wear one every time I’m in public and really don’t care how stupid it looks to some people. I care if I unwittingly give it to you. And I have no problem being compliant if it helps protect other people. I would hope they’d do the same for me. I see it as a sign of strength just like wearing a helmet while playing football is smart.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT