ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats to Warren County

SWO-4LIFE

Dec 2, 2012
What is the best way to enjoy a 5 hour bus ride home?? Just win, baby!!!! Congrats to the Eagles.

Agreed, nice win. Expect to see A much, much better team on the field next year and some new face on the sideline. Much like the old days.

#13 traveled from Virginia line to South Carolina line to beat #4 South Columbus.

This post was edited on 11/14 10:39 PM by SWO-4LIFE

Agreed, nice win. Expect to see A much, much better team on the field next year and some new face on the sideline. Much like the old days.

On the road again. Who do we play next coach, a school near the coast. We will go down there and win again. Congrats can't wait to see Warren at the corral next week.

I know it is not Joey Price so that only leaves Jake which someone told me he was done.

Coach isnot going anywhere and I don't think he is the problem. I think the problem lies with administration. We lost a handful of coaches this year and we did not replace them with "football" coaches. Seems to me the emphasis has been put on basketball now. Admin got what they wanted. Usually basketball season does not start in tabor city until after thanksgiving.

Interesting opinion, Stallion 1992. Kind of looks that way, don't it? Two years in a row being eliminated in the first round is a hard pill to swallow. We'll rebound. Got a lot of talent coming up from middle school. TCMS went 17-1 the past 3 years and undefeated the past 2. Look out..................

Anyway. Good luck to Warren County on Friday against Southwest Onslow...........you're gonna need it.

If this admin. Is focusing on basketball then we need to focus on getting them outta south columbus

I just want to know what the heck did the Administration do that would make you say they are "focusing on basketball now?"

Because they hired a basketball coach AND football coach that was actually qualified for the job this time??????????

I would think the community would be happy that a basketball coach that coached in college was hired instead of just throwing someone in to fill the spot. He is a graduate of SCHS also. How could the community not be happy about that?

You know, the football team actually had a better year this year than Jake had in his first year. You talk about 2 straight 1st round losses. One of those losses was by JAKE last year. Joey had times he lost in the 1st round also and he is one of the best coaches in HS football! I'm not talking junk about Jake because after his first year, he did a phenomenal job at SC. What I want to know is why the community is being harsher to Hutch than they were to Jake his 1st year. Is it because Jake is a home town boy and Hutch is not? If so, why are you not happy that the new BB coach is a home town boy? Jake came back after his first year and went to 2 straight Eastern Championship games. Why not give Hutch AND THE ADMINISTRATION that same chance?

If I was a member of the community, I would be happy they are trying to get BOTH basketball and football on track the way it was when Emmitt and Joey was at SC. BOTH programs were winning. It can be that way again! Be happy the administration is trying to do that and not just throwing basketball under the bus!

If you recall, the community was calling for Jake's head after his first year. Mainly because he was trying to run a lot of spread stuff. I remember chipshot, as well as many others, including myself coming on here and giving Jake a pretty hard time. Second, if you go back and look at Jakes first year and this year it is not even close. The 09 team was competitive in every single game except Lake City, while beating Hoggard who won the 4a conference championship. They lost a couple games in OT or by a few points in a very tough 2a/3a conference. My question to you, is what dog do you have in this fight? Why as a "whsgrad" are you so upset to make this post? I do not recall anyone saying anything negative about the new basketball coach? It is ironic that a "whsgrad" would come on here and write a post after all the years I have read the negative stuff you guys write about your coaches. I support Coach Hutch and the purpose of my post was that I think he needs some help with assistant coaches. If he gets the help he needs and deserves I think the Stallions make a good run next year.

Originally posted by stallion1992:
If you recall, the community was calling for Jake's head after his first year. Mainly because he was trying to run a lot of spread stuff. I remember chipshot, as well as many others, including myself coming on here and giving Jake a pretty hard time. Second, if you go back and look at Jakes first year and this year it is not even close. The 09 team was competitive in every single game except Lake City, while beating Hoggard who won the 4a conference championship. They lost a couple games in OT or by a few points in a very tough 2a/3a conference. My question to you, is what dog do you have in this fight? Why as a "whsgrad" are you so upset to make this post? I do not recall anyone saying anything negative about the new basketball coach? It is ironic that a "whsgrad" would come on here and write a post after all the years I have read the negative stuff you guys write about your coaches. I support Coach Hutch and the purpose of my post was that I think he needs some help with assistant coaches. If he gets the help he needs and deserves I think the Stallions make a good run next year.
If your reasoning was to state that the coach needs help with assistants, then why even mention basketball. (And I agree he needs more help!) The only reason to mention basketball was to say that "football" coaches (as you put it) should have been hired instead of a "basketball" coach. If that is not what you meant then you should not have brought up basketball at all. Whiteville has won state championships in ALL THREE major sports, because they hired coaches for all sports. Not just what will make football happy! Some of the best years at SC was when Emmitt Lay coached basketball and Richard Gore coached baseball but they also coached football and all three sports did very well. It can be that way again but not as long as EVERY coach hired has to be a "football" coach!

My dog in the fight is that I do live in the SC community and have just as much right to post about this as you do and you have NEVER read me saying anything about a coach whether it be at Whiteville or SC!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT