ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats to East Forsyth and Coach Willert

Wake has proved to the world that schedule doesn't really matter

Ok! Wake Forest made 3 State Championship appearances before they won. I believe that prepared them for what they were going to face.

Wake has proved to the world that schedule doesn't really matter

Ok! Wake Forest made 3 State Championship appearances before they won. I believe that prepared them for what they were going to face.

And this goes back to my comment from a while ago.

So what? A lot of those players who won it all in 2016 and 2015 didn't play in the 2014 championship game, they probably didn't play in the 2013 game, and they for sure didn't play in the 2010 game. Losing in a finals doesn't get you prepared to win it next year. Most teams aren't even lucky enough to get back to a championship after winning, let alone if the lose the game. Making it to the championship just means that you're facing the best team on the other side of the state. That's it. You've been playing all year. If you're not ready then you're not ready.

Wake Forest is able to continue to make it back to the championship because they have no one challenging them and they're a great team with great talent.

You're not WF, so stop comparing yourself to them. They have 2 State Championships and have played in 5, and working on # 6.So yes I believe SOS matters. EF has proven in their many losses in the playoffs that it matters.

First off congratulations to Mr. Willert on his first state title appearance. Good luck to him and all the EF Fans.

Maybe I am wrong but I am pretty sure they dont count " sigh of reliefs" anywhere in the record books. I hear that term often with regards to EF football. MC fans, Butler fans, Catholic fans all breathing sighs of relief over the last few years. I guess you can throw Harding fans and Providence fans in that category.

Just like yourself I have no idea how EF would have fared in the 4aa West. Here is what i do know. Right now...today ....in addition to sighs of relief Mallard Creek is 1-0 against EF and has 3 state titles since it opened in 2007. EF has zero in that time period.

Please god beat Scotland so you guys can stop with the please tell us we are pretty posts. Its embarrasing.

My beef is with Honda & Nepsy wording it such that some kid or parent somehow buys into this crap that a 4A championship should have quotation marks around it because they can’t compete with the elite 4AA teams. I don’t buy it at all because it doesn’t matter and simply calling it out.

As far as sighs of relief, if you have never been involved in a game that you look at someone after it’s over and ask how did we win that, then you’ve not been around long enough. They don’t count for anything unless either side learns how to adjust from it. I saw that look on Mallard Creek coaches that night, but I could obviously be wrong.

I’m not a moral victory guy either. To take a moral victory, you have to admit that you’re less than and satisfied with it. Heck with second, I have almost spiked a state runner up trophy against the wall, but stopped because I made eye contact with one of my players and knew it was not the right thing to do. Second sucks and you guys attempting to make whoever wins the 4A seem tarnished sucks too. Btw..I don’t need pampering from any of you guys. What happens outside the fence is just noise anyway.

Go back and show me where I said anything about quotation marks around a 4A State Championships. I actually said the opposite. Who cares what people think. If you don't care about moral victories, than maybe you shouldn't mention them.

YOU'RE WELCOME!

And this goes back to my comment from a while ago.

So what? A lot of those players who won it all in 2016 and 2015 didn't play in the 2014 championship game, they probably didn't play in the 2013 game, and they for sure didn't play in the 2010 game. Losing in a finals doesn't get you prepared to win it next year. Most teams aren't even lucky enough to get back to a championship after winning, let alone if the lose the game. Making it to the championship just means that you're facing the best team on the other side of the state. That's it. You've been playing all year. If you're not ready then you're not ready.

Wake Forest is able to continue to make it back to the championship because they have no one challenging them and they're a great team with great talent.

A state championship is a different creature. Previous experience is not a must, but it is helpful. This experience is most helpful for the coaching staff, just as playing high quality opponents prepares coaches and players to be better equipped.

Reactions: Veejay4
You're not WF, so stop comparing yourself to them. They have 2 State Championships and have played in 5, and working on # 6.So yes I believe SOS matters. EF has proven in their many losses in the playoffs that it matters.

You say sos matters but I give you an example of a team who won it all in 2016 with most of their players never playing in a championship. Which is it Nepsy? The fact of the matter is, experience doesn't matter because if you're good enough to win, then you're good enough to win.

A state championship is a different creature. Previous experience is not a must, but it is helpful. This experience is most helpful for the coaching staff, just as playing high quality opponents prepares coaches and players to be better equipped.

If that's the case then East and every other Western school has plenty of experience just by playing the the western bracket the past few years. The West is always a slugfest, but it hasn't matter the last two years.

Also, I'm not anybody but a fan who post on this site with previous championship experience from his hs days. Who also showed no fear on the field while out there. So it's not like I'm talking out my ass.

You say sos matters but I give you an example of a team who won it all in 2016 with most of their players never playing in a championship. Which is it Nepsy? The fact of the matter is, experience doesn't matter because if you're good enough to win, then you're good enough to win.

Did their coaching staff not coach in numerous State Championship games? Yes! Although they lost, if you don't believe that helps them for games in the future I can't help you on that one. Somebody must have sold that to you, and that's the reason why your squad has been so successful in the past.

Did their coaching staff not coach in numerous State Championship games? Yes! Although they lost, if you don't believe that helps them for games in the future I can't help you on that one. Somebody must have sold that to you, and that's the reason why your squad has been so successful in the past.

A state championship game is nothing but the last game to most people. It's just another game to those of us who have played. You're either ready or not. There's nothing different beside playing in a larger stadium with more fans.

Go back and show me where I said anything about quotation marks around a 4A State Championships. I actually said the opposite. Who cares what people think. If you don't care about moral victories, than maybe you shouldn't mention them.

YOU'RE WELCOME!

I’ll man up and apologize. I lumped you in with Honda when I shouldn’t have. You are correct that you didn’t bash the 4A championship as he did with the weak quote that he put out there.

East Forsyth fans in a nutshell!

th

My beef is with Honda & Nepsy wording it such that some kid or parent somehow buys into this crap that a 4A championship should have quotation marks around it because they can’t compete with the elite 4AA teams. I don’t buy it at all because it doesn’t matter and simply calling it out.

As far as sighs of relief, if you have never been involved in a game that you look at someone after it’s over and ask how did we win that, then you’ve not been around long enough. They don’t count for anything unless either side learns how to adjust from it. I saw that look on Mallard Creek coaches that night, but I could obviously be wrong.

I’m not a moral victory guy either. To take a moral victory, you have to admit that you’re less than and satisfied with it. Heck with second, I have almost spiked a state runner up trophy against the wall, but stopped because I made eye contact with one of my players and knew it was not the right thing to do. Second sucks and you guys attempting to make whoever wins the 4A seem tarnished sucks too. Btw..I don’t need pampering from any of you guys. What happens outside the fence is just noise anyway.

The look you saw in Mallard Creek coaches eyes wasnt how did we win that. It was how was it that close. We out gained them by nearly 300 yards!!

Stop concerning yourself with Mallard Creek. That game has been over a long time. East Forsyth will NEVER have a better chance at a title than they have this weekend. Its almost unprecedented that you could get a 5 loss team that finished 4th in their conf in the title game. No moral victories, no sighs of relief, no looking in coaches eyes....Just have one more point than Scotland at the end of the game.

Nepsy, Pal I'm sorry Mallard Creek totally choked in the 2nd round with the most talented team they've had on paper since 2015. I know it hurts trust me I know I pull for NW Guilford man. The closest we've ever been to a championship game was at your place in 2013. Some coaching staffs don't have 7 or 8 College players in their building like Mallard Creek does every single year. BTW, How in the hell did you guys lose in the 2nd rd with that team? Bad Coaching? Just wondering?

Ok, so why are you commenting?

Nepsy, Pal I'm done bashing teams on here. See now I'm starting to sound like a 704 poster! Nothing but positive from here for me. just a little backstory on me friend. I've been watching HS football mainly NW Guilford play football since the 1980's and we only had 1 Conference title since the school opened in 1962. Can you believe that Nepsy? It literally took from 1962 till 1989 to win 1 not state title man. 1 CONFERENCE TITLE?!?! :eek:. We had a strong armed QB who moved into our district by the name of Rusty LaRue. He ended up winning the NC HS Player of the year. Still with Rusty we could only win 1 stinking Conference title! :mad:. It took 21 more years until 2010 to win our 2nd conference title. That year we beat guess who? Scotland County in the 1st rd of the playoffs. I will never forget that night! It was like we won a State Title someone forgot to tell us fans it was only the 1st round. we thought it was like a bowl game and the season was over. Nope had to go to Richmond County the next week and got our asses dragged up and down Raider Stadium. Anyways back to the story Pal. After Scotland lost Coach Chip was so mad that he lost to little old NWG he made his team do up downs in the endzone after an end of season loss for 30 straight minutes. It looked like coach the coach from Miracle making his team do Sprints on the ice after the stadium closed. I guess it worked because they didn't lose another game from then on out and went on to win the State Championship the next year going undefeated. Anyways, We then went on to win Conference titles in 2011, & 2013. Then Coach Woodruff resigned to take a big paying job in Michigan. Since then we had Coach Rolfes whos now at Page and Coach Wallace who is now our new HC. Hey Pal why you sit here upset about getting bounced in the 2nd round just remember we have 4 conference titles in 56 years! Either way I changed my mind I won't pull for Mallard Creek. I will still pull for NWG! That will make that State title that much more sweeter when we finally win it all! GO VIKINGS!!!!

Last edited:
Nepsy, Pal I'm done bashing teams on here. See now I'm starting to sound like a 704 poster! Nothing but positive from here for me. just a little backstory on me friend. I've been watching HS football mainly NW Guilford play football since the 1980's and we only had 1 Conference title since the school opened in 1962. Can you believe that Nepsy? It literally took from 1962 till 1989 to win 1 not state title man. 1 CONFERENCE TITLE?!?! :eek:. We had a strong armed QB who moved into our district by the name of Rusty LaRue. He ended up winning the NC HS Player of the year. Still with Rusty we could only win 1 stinking Conference title! :mad:. It took 21 more years until 2010 to win our 2nd conference title. That year we beat guess who? Scotland County in the 1st rd of the playoffs. I will never forget that night! It was like we won a State Title someone forgot to tell us fans it was only the 1st round. we thought it was like a bowl game and the season was over. Nope had to go to Richmond County the next week and got our asses dragged up and down Raider Stadium. Anyways back to the story Pal. After Scotland lost Coach Chip was so mad that he lost to little old NWG he made his team do up downs in the endzone after an end of season loss for 30 straight minutes. It looked like coach the coach from Miracle making his team do Sprints on the ice after the stadium closed. I guess it worked because they didn't lose another game from then on out and went on to win the State Championship the next year going undefeated. Anyways, We then went on to win Conference titles in 2011, & 2013. Then Coach Woodruff resigned to take a big paying job in Michigan. Since then we had Coach Rolfes whos now at Page and Coach Wallace who is now our new HC. Hey Pal why you sit here upset about getting bounced in the 2nd round just remember we have 4 conference titles in 56 years! Either way I changed my mind I won't pull for Mallard Creek. I will still pull for NWG! That will make that State title that much more sweeter when we finally win it all! GO VIKINGS!!!!

I have no clue what that was all about, but we need to talk!

phil.jpg

Last edited:
What the hell is going on here? After reading some of the garbage posted on here, on a post that was to congratulate a friend and his staff/players we get to this. People being petty and immature, no wonder people have screen names and hide behind them. So let's re boot this post. Congrats to East Forsyth and the coaches/players , you have earned what you have and I hope you continue to have success. Even though my team is not in it I am happy for you guys so good luck on Saturday.

Reactions: Ben-Badd
NW Guilford.....why does that name sounds so familiar???

I know you guys are praying that East Forsyth will lose just so you can bash Coach Willert and his kids/football team. Basically what you're saying is East is Damned if they do and Damned if they don't. I really thought if coach Willert made it to a final people would cheer for him but it's still the complete opposite from you Salty Monday morning QBs. If they win is cause he's in the weak 4a.... never mind his school has damn near 2K some kids less than 4AA schools. If he wins its "oh but they wouldn't make it out the 2nd rd up here cause the mighty ones didnt therefore they wouldn't.... oh and by the way if he loses "which we are praying for so we can bash him and his kids" Scotland is the greatest team ever. Wait? Is East sorry or not? Then why does Scotland get any credit for beating an average team? You Wonder why these boards have nowhere near the people they once did. Its because about 6 of you gang up on everyone with your Idiotic theories of what makes a good team. Used to be winning a championship.... ok! Then it went to winning multiple championships.... ok! now its winning multiple championships with the competition we say. Like the other person said earlier it's hard to take you clowns serious anymore.

Win or lose good luck East Forsyth Eagles and HC Todd Willert. Btw, took the West all Stars and won for the 1st time in about 4 or 6 years. Then went undefeated. Now playing for a State title and instead of being excited about him finally getting over that hill we question the style points.

Let the church say amen!! Never has anyone capped the perfect response to these whiny non Forsyth posters. Most complete response ever!!

I tell you what I believe......I believe that if my aunt had balls, she would be my uncle. All the same crowd that gave East Forsyth no chance against Mallard Creek 3 or 4 years ago say they can't compete in 4AA this year. News flash....they don't have to compete with those guys because they are not in that bracket. Mallard Creek knows they escaped a loss instead of beating EF that year before dismantling Page for the championship. I'm not good at what if's that can't be answered so I'm not going to waste time with trying to figure out an impossible solution. I'm proud of the job being done at East Forsyth and there will not be an asterisk beside the winner of any level within the state. I've always told my players and my kids that you don't have to tell anybody that you can do something, if you really can. Just simply go do it and show them. I'm hearing a lot of know it all, ego manic blow hards around here passing out halfhearted, underhand complements.

Another amen!! You're wasting your time though. These "hams" will continue to erase and make another line as long as EF is close. @btango is the only non Forsyth poster I've seen so far that's kept it straightforward. I can respect that.

First off congratulations to Mr. Willert on his first state title appearance. Good luck to him and all the EF Fans.

Maybe I am wrong but I am pretty sure they dont count " sigh of reliefs" anywhere in the record books. I hear that term often with regards to EF football. MC fans, Butler fans, Catholic fans all breathing sighs of relief over the last few years. I guess you can throw Harding fans and Providence fans in that category.

Just like yourself I have no idea how EF would have fared in the 4aa West. Here is what i do know. Right now...today ....in addition to sighs of relief Mallard Creek is 1-0 against EF and has 3 state titles since it opened in 2007. EF has zero in that time period.

Please god beat Scotland so you guys can stop with the please tell us we are pretty posts. Its embarrasing.

And that's where you all go wrong and don't seem to comprehend well. All across this board, Carolina Prep etc...we keep hearing we're asking and begging for props and acceptance.

We know in our own community we can't say anything until we win it. You all continue to drum up this "ghostwriter" that keeps saying we want acceptance and please tell us we're elite. From who?

The people that follow EF and really know football have said nothing. Find me a credible poster who reps EF saying these things and I'll agree otherwise you're looking foolish regurgitating old arguments no one is participating in.

I don't believe they are built to beat a Myers Park & than a Butler, Mallard Creek, Vance or Hough back to back. Just my opinion but SOS this year would not prepare them for any of those teams, especially beating 2 in a row.

Same argument said in 15. Come again sir. We were supposed to get mauled according to you all.

Matchups make games. I think East would have a hard time going through a three game combo of Hough, Mallard Creek, Myers Park, Richmond, and Vance. I would be concerned with them defending a strong passing attack as I do not think they see it that often. Would also think they may struggle offensively against Hough, Vance, and MC. Does not mean they do not win but to do it three times the odds and history are against them. Either way, I struggle with the 4A game as each coach is chasing their first title after years of chasing the title.

Obviously you haven't paid attention to our defensive backfield who is one of the better ones in the state. I can't speak for Creek or Hough but a primarily pass team would play into our hands!

We recognize that road would've been much tougher but one we're more equipped to go through than we ever have been.

Hats off to Vance for getting it done in the 4AA West.

Its almost unprecedented that you could get a 5 loss team that finished 4th in their conf in the title game. No moral victories, no sighs of relief, no looking in coaches eyes....Just have one more point than Scotland at the end of the game.
Just following your lead here but
Didn't Mallard Creek lose to a third place conference team in their first playoff game.
All conferences arent the same...
Scots beat a team tied for conference game1.
Scots over a conf champ game 2
Scots over a conf champ game 3
Scots over a conf 2 game 4

Obviously you haven't paid attention to our defensive backfield who is one of the better ones in the state. I can't speak for Creek or Hough but a primarily pass team would play into our hands!

We recognize that road would've been much tougher but one we're more equipped to go through than we ever have been.

Hats off to Vance for getting it done in the 4AA West.

There’s more to it than the DBs and having great athletes at DB. No knock on EF just what I have seen many times over the years.

You can read what I wrote above regarding Coach Willert and EF. Nothing but respect.

Just curious to East Forsyth fans. Why is there so much concern on how people feel about how you would match up against teams you're not playing? (4AA) Why not just enjoy your run and ignore what people think, or what you believe people think.?

I'm equally as curious as to where you get your info that we're "seeking acceptance" validation or concern with how others feel about our program. You won't find a post that suggest that and if you can it isn't the consensus of most us.

I'm also curious as to why it MATTERS SO MUCH TO YA'LL what we think of our program?

We're proud of what our program has become. Satisfied? No. I was just in another part of NC the other day and looked up their high schools football record. I was appalled they had won maybe 6 games in about 8 years. A 3A program.

No we aren't Creek, Wake Forest etc...where every year is a potential state championship year. Our setup here in Forsyth doesn't allow for annual trips to states but it's also plenty of programs that would trade places with us.

We've appreciated what other programs have done and hoped to duplicate ourselves one day.

It's comical how you all fabricate this thirsty EF fan base who's seeking approval from whom? You all can't even agree on what an elite program is from day to day. Lol. Thank goodness your analysis isn't the benchmark for all things high school football.

If you can't find any EF posters stating these trumped up pleas then at least just stay with the "we haven't won it yet". Anythng else is unproven and laughable.

Reactions: ForsythCo
Same argument said in 15. Come again sir. We were supposed to get mauled according to you all.

I don't know who you all is, there was never an argument about how the game would turn out or a predicted mauling. You lost!

I'm equally as curious as to where you get your info that we're "seeking acceptance" validation or concern with how others feel about our program. You won't find a post that suggest that and if you can it isn't the consensus of most us.

I'm also curious as to why it MATTERS SO MUCH TO YA'LL what we think of our program?

We're proud of what our program has become. Satisfied? No. I was just in another part of NC the other day and looked up their high schools football record. I was appalled they had won maybe 6 games in about 8 years. A 3A program.

No we aren't Creek, Wake Forest etc...where every year is a potential state championship year. Our setup here in Forsyth doesn't allow for annual trips to states but it's also plenty of programs that would trade places with us.

We've appreciated what other programs have done and hoped to duplicate ourselves one day.

It's comical how you all fabricate this thirsty EF fan base who's seeking approval from whom? You all can't even agree on what an elite program is from day to day. Lol. Thank goodness your analysis isn't the benchmark for all things high school football.

If you can't find any EF posters stating these trumped up pleas then at least just stay with the "we haven't won it yet". Anythng else is unproven and laughable.

You're doing it again!

Just following your lead here but
Didn't Mallard Creek lose to a third place conference team in their first playoff game.
All conferences arent the same...
Scots beat a team tied for conference game1.
Scots over a conf champ game 2
Scots over a conf champ game 3
Scots over a conf 2 game 4

I picked Scotland to rep the east although I was concerned about the CG game.

I saw Pine Forest and 71st play others this season. You are definitely right all conferences are not the same.

There’s more to it than the DBs and having great athletes at DB. No knock on EF just what I have seen many times over the years.

You can read what I wrote above regarding Coach Willert and EF. Nothing but respect.

I already gave you much respect @btango in a previous post about your analysis. Can't remember which one.

At least you don't comment from emotion and seem to be down the middle whether I agree or not.

I can get with your post. These others can take a page from you. Its ridiculous sometimes. We don't even respond to the "we can't get it done" or we choked comments because our past playoff record gives those comments life.

Our issue is the other nonsense and preemptive attempts to invalidate a possible 4A championship. We know where the big boys played but had we chosen 4A I would get the comments.

We didn't choose and have proven we're more than capable of competing. We said nothing else.

I don't see why there is an argument...u got there now finish case closed. All this we need respect or no 1 thinks were good...who care...get wins! I don't believe in moral victories but I do believe in building off of loses, the mallard creek loss showed us were not that far off even though we loss we built off of it for the late season/playoff push. But in the end winning earns respect.

Well said but they're so set in their way of saying things and that narrative fits their unproven and supposedly begging by our posters for approval.

I'm still waiting for them to show an EF poster who said anything other than we need to get it done.

East Forsyth fans in a nutshell!

th

Classy but then it's you what else are we to expect. The man apologized and you still go in. This is why everything said from you is comical. Now EF fans are lumped into a comic because your feelings are hurt.

Grown man really?

Classy but then it's you what else are we to expect. The man apologized and you still go in. This is why everything said from you is comical. Now EF fans are lumped into a comic because your feelings are hurt.

Grown man really?

It was not addressed to him, so please stop. You also need to figure out how to stop playing the victim. You're all over the place with your emotions. I personally never said anything derogatory about their program.

I don't see why there is an argument...u got there now finish case closed. All this we need respect or no 1 thinks were good...who care...get wins! I don't believe in moral victories but I do believe in building off of loses, the mallard creek loss showed us were not that far off even though we loss we built off of it for the late season/playoff push. But in the end winning earns respect.

Congrats to Vance and I hope you all bring it back to West 4AA.

With all do respect for the 100th time no one from EF has asked or demanded respect, acceptance, said anyone is bullying, pleaded for anything um what else........?

We just take these clowns to task on how they make concessions for certain teams (notice nothing is said about Vance even when you were
4A or Hough) as compared to EF and we have the same amount of titles as of late.

Nobody from our fan based says anything because we can't. No one can produce a post saying we're asking for respect and that other garbage that's keeps being said.

How can something keep being said if you can't produce evidence we're asking for it. We didn't ask for 4A but we're here. We were actually assuming and preparing to see you all this year but you went 4AA.

Let's just enjoy each others title run on the West side.

Reactions: ForsythCo
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT