ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats to East Forsyth and Coach Willert

sammyk

Oct 26, 2001
East has been on the cusp of being a state power for several years now and now the kids and community will get a shot. Also happy for Todd Willert and his staff , if you know them you know they are one of the hardest working staffs in the state. Congrats my friend go win a ring

East has been on the cusp of being a state power for several years now and now the kids and community will get a shot. Also happy for Todd Willert and his staff , if you know them you know they are one of the hardest working staffs in the state. Congrats my friend go win a ring

Cusp of State Power?...… Enjoy the run for the 4A Championship. Let's not start exaggerating. They were 9-5 just last year....Congrats on the win!

Last edited:
Cusp of State Power?...… Enjoy the run for the 4A Championship. Let's not start exaggerating. They were 9-5 just last year....Congrats on the win!
Constantly making to the third and fourth around puts you on the cusp, right. But no need to debate just supporting the last Forsyth county team left

Constantly making to the third and fourth around puts you on the cusp, right. But no need to debate just supporting the last Forsyth county team left

No! Only if you believe in moral victories. Congrats to EF!

I think nepsy7 doesn't know the definition of "cusp". Cusp meaning almost there but not quite

Reactions: Veejay4
@Nep I understand where you are coming from; E Forsyth unless I am 1 week late did you guys win the title 2018; it’s one more game left; I know Mallard Creek and Butler has been a thorn in your flesh but please don’t sleep on Scotland County, there record is tricky; The Scots has not been healthy all year, they loss to Butler, Richmond, and 71st; I’m not sure about the other 2 games. But to be an elite team you have to get some Chips up under your belt first. FYI the Scots will not be Happy to get to the Big Dance, they did that last year; they are trying to WIN the game.......

Scots lost to Butler, Marlboro, 71st, Pinecrest, and Richmond.

Beat 71st in a rematch. Pinecrest lost to Wake Forest in the regional final. Richmond lost Myers Park in the regional semifinal after MP revenged regular season loss to Butler.

Possibly Richard Bailey's least likely Scotland teams to win a title yet they are in the title game.

I give Todd Willert full props. They have played gamely and to the end against some very strong Charlotte teams. He has been there 15 years and they had not won more than six in the previous 11 seasons before he took over. Many think this may be his best squad. One of the best overall 4A teams in the state but will not get the respect winning 4A as compared to 4AA. Just the way it is.

I give Todd Willert full props. They have played gamely and to the end against some very strong Charlotte teams. He has been there 15 years and they had not won more than six in the previous 11 seasons before he took over. Many think this may be his best squad. One of the best overall 4A teams in the state but will not get the respect winning 4A as compared to 4AA. Just the way it is.

They should get respect I think east would be the 4aa west representiive

Reactions: CPC4LIFE
They should get respect I think east would be the 4aa west representiive

Matchups make games. I think East would have a hard time going through a three game combo of Hough, Mallard Creek, Myers Park, Richmond, and Vance. I would be concerned with them defending a strong passing attack as I do not think they see it that often. Would also think they may struggle offensively against Hough, Vance, and MC. Does not mean they do not win but to do it three times the odds and history are against them. Either way, I struggle with the 4A game as each coach is chasing their first title after years of chasing the title.

I hope the next realignment strengthens 4A again. 4AA is still pretty strong, but I would argue that 4A is the classification suffered the most in terms of parody.

Reactions: Raiderdev23
@Nep I understand where you are coming from; E Forsyth unless I am 1 week late did you guys win the title 2018; it’s one more game left; I know Mallard Creek and Butler has been a thorn in your flesh but please don’t sleep on Scotland County, there record is tricky; The Scots has not been healthy all year, they loss to Butler, Richmond, and 71st; I’m not sure about the other 2 games. But to be an elite team you have to get some Chips up under your belt first. FYI the Scots will not be Happy to get to the Big Dance, they did that last year; they are trying to WIN the game.......

I know you guys are praying that East Forsyth will lose just so you can bash Coach Willert and his kids/football team. Basically what you're saying is East is Damned if they do and Damned if they don't. I really thought if coach Willert made it to a final people would cheer for him but it's still the complete opposite from you Salty Monday morning QBs. If they win is cause he's in the weak 4a.... never mind his school has damn near 2K some kids less than 4AA schools. If he wins its "oh but they wouldn't make it out the 2nd rd up here cause the mighty ones didnt therefore they wouldn't.... oh and by the way if he loses "which we are praying for so we can bash him and his kids" Scotland is the greatest team ever. Wait? Is East sorry or not? Then why does Scotland get any credit for beating an average team? You Wonder why these boards have nowhere near the people they once did. Its because about 6 of you gang up on everyone with your Idiotic theories of what makes a good team. Used to be winning a championship.... ok! Then it went to winning multiple championships.... ok! now its winning multiple championships with the competition we say. Like the other person said earlier it's hard to take you clowns serious anymore.

Win or lose good luck East Forsyth Eagles and HC Todd Willert. Btw, took the West all Stars and won for the 1st time in about 4 or 6 years. Then went undefeated. Now playing for a State title and instead of being excited about him finally getting over that hill we question the style points.

I know you guys are praying that East Forsyth will lose just so you can bash Coach Willert and his kids/football team. Basically what you're saying is East is Damned if they do and Damned if they don't. I really thought if coach Willert made it to a final people would cheer for him but it's still the complete opposite from you Salty Monday morning QBs. If they win is cause he's in the weak 4a.... never mind his school has damn near 2K some kids less than 4AA schools. If he wins its "oh but they wouldn't make it out the 2nd rd up here cause the mighty ones didnt therefore they wouldn't.... oh and by the way if he loses "which we are praying for so we can bash him and his kids" Scotland is the greatest team ever. Wait? Is East sorry or not? Then why does Scotland get any credit for beating an average team? You Wonder why these boards have nowhere near the people they once did. Its because about 6 of you gang up on everyone with your Idiotic theories of what makes a good team. Used to be winning a championship.... ok! Then it went to winning multiple championships.... ok! now its winning multiple championships with the competition we say. Like the other person said earlier it's hard to take you clowns serious anymore.

Win or lose good luck East Forsyth Eagles and HC Todd Willert. Btw, took the West all Stars and won for the 1st time in about 4 or 6 years. Then went undefeated. Now playing for a State title and instead of being excited about him finally getting over that hill we question the style points.

MC record before the State Championships wins.

2008: 10-1*
2009: 11-2
2010: 13-1
2011: 13-1
2012: 11-2

What we heard! Our schedule was weak, you don't play anyone. Overrated! Your conference is weak.Your coaches can't coach. You'll never get over the hump until you start playing somebody.

Didn't start a 2 paragraph rant about not getting respect. Didn't accuse people of having idiotic theories, Didn't call people who disagreed with us clowns. Didn't blame 6 opinion's about us, was part of a conspiracy theory of declining traffic on NCPREPS. Didn't start threads on how we were almost a State Power?...lol So we've been there done that. I feel your pain. Let it all out! Breath in and breath out!

What I don't understand is all the whining & crying about being called great before even winning, than prematurely caring about what people will say if you win? Who cares? Last I checked, State Championships stay in the books and don't go away. Winning seems to shut everyone up.

Welcome to the cusp of becoming great! :)

Last edited:

Couldnt be more incorrect. Will root for East Forsyth to win because they represent the West. Would be just fine if Scotland wins because I would like to see Bailey get one. The only teams I have much of a rooting interest in our Vance and Charlotte Catholic.

I am just one of those weird guys who think you should actually win something before you get credit for it.

And btango, Marlboro lost in the playoffs to State Champ Myrtle Beach.

Scotland continues their tough non conference next year adding SE Guilford, North Meck, and Hoggard to the schedule.

Couldnt be more incorrect. Will root for East Forsyth to win because they represent the West. Would be just fine if Scotland wins because I would like to see Bailey get one. The only teams I have much of a rooting interest in our Vance and Charlotte Catholic.

I am just one of those weird guys who think you should actually win something before you get credit for it.
Tell that to Hillary please!!!

Matchups make games. I think East would have a hard time going through a three game combo of Hough, Mallard Creek, Myers Park, Richmond, and Vance. I would be concerned with them defending a strong passing attack as I do not think they see it that often. Would also think they may struggle offensively against Hough, Vance, and MC. Does not mean they do not win but to do it three times the odds and history are against them. Either way, I struggle with the 4A game as each coach is chasing their first title after years of chasing the title.
MC record before the State Championships wins.

2008: 10-1*
2009: 11-2
2010: 13-1
2011: 13-1
2012: 11-2

What we heard! Our schedule was weak, you don't play anyone. Overrated! Your conference is weak.Your coaches can't coach. You'll never get over the hump until you start playing somebody.

Didn't start a 2 paragraph rant about not getting respect. Didn't accuse people of having idiotic theories, Didn't call people who disagreed with us clowns. Didn't blame 6 opinion's about us, was part of a conspiracy theory of declining traffic on NCPREPS. Didn't start threads on how we were almost a State Power?...lol So we've been there done that. I feel your pain. Let it all out! Breath in and breath out!

What I don't understand is all the whining & crying about being called great before even winning, than prematurely caring about what people will say if you win? Who cares? Last I checked, State Championships stay in the books and don't go away. Winning seems to shut everyone up.

Welcome to the cusp of becoming great! :)

Whatever pal.... either way the Triad area has a ton of teams still playing and you guys are watching basketball. Enjoy!

Whatever pal.... either way the Triad area has a ton of teams still playing and you guys are watching basketball. Enjoy!

Exactly! You were just getting your whine on, never really had an argument about anything. It's called give little Johnny a trophy for almost winning participation argument. Not only do you not know Football. You have no clue what a ton equals and I'm still watching football like you. PAL! :)

GO EAGLES!

Last edited:

Read my posts, I have not downed EF once. I am a Coach Willert fan. I was making a realistic observation. Just as my previous post.

Here is what is hysterical about your post. You have taken the entire region as " your guys" and want to talk trash about one team.....Mallard Creek,

The Triad has ONE team left in 4a- Meck County also has one team left in 4a.

If your gonna trash talk at least make it even.

Each one of us show support to our areas/regions nepsy, blue gold and btango to a degree to charlotte.. warhead tarheel to their area, scotswin the same, obviously the best 4a program in the state is 2 miles from my location,
That's a separate discussion..

I was on the sidelines last Friday at EF and was one of the first to congratulate Willert after the game.

I tell you what I believe......I believe that if my aunt had balls, she would be my uncle. All the same crowd that gave East Forsyth no chance against Mallard Creek 3 or 4 years ago say they can't compete in 4AA this year. News flash....they don't have to compete with those guys because they are not in that bracket. Mallard Creek knows they escaped a loss instead of beating EF that year before dismantling Page for the championship. I'm not good at what if's that can't be answered so I'm not going to waste time with trying to figure out an impossible solution. I'm proud of the job being done at East Forsyth and there will not be an asterisk beside the winner of any level within the state. I've always told my players and my kids that you don't have to tell anybody that you can do something, if you really can. Just simply go do it and show them. I'm hearing a lot of know it all, ego manic blow hards around here passing out halfhearted, underhand complements.

I tell you what I believe......I believe that if my aunt had balls, she would be my uncle. All the same crowd that gave East Forsyth no chance against Mallard Creek 3 or 4 years ago say they can't compete in 4AA this year. News flash....they don't have to compete with those guys because they are not in that bracket. Mallard Creek knows they escaped a loss instead of beating EF that year before dismantling Page for the championship. I'm not good at what if's that can't be answered so I'm not going to waste time with trying to figure out an impossible solution. I'm proud of the job being done at East Forsyth and there will not be an asterisk beside the winner of any level within the state. I've always told my players and my kids that you don't have to tell anybody that you can do something, if you really can. Just simply go do it and show them. I'm hearing a lot of know it all, ego manic blow hards around here passing out halfhearted, underhand complements.

Didnt EF lose to Mallard Creek?

Sure did. Just saying that EF was given no chance by quite a few and Mallard Creek breathed a huge sigh of relief to get out of there with a W after all that happened very late in the game.

I see we made it back to the moral victory thing again. Almost is not in the record books.

Last edited:
Sure did. Just saying that EF was given no chance by quite a few and Mallard Creek breathed a huge sigh of relief to get out of there with a W after all that happened very late in the game.

First off congratulations to Mr. Willert on his first state title appearance. Good luck to him and all the EF Fans.

Maybe I am wrong but I am pretty sure they dont count " sigh of reliefs" anywhere in the record books. I hear that term often with regards to EF football. MC fans, Butler fans, Catholic fans all breathing sighs of relief over the last few years. I guess you can throw Harding fans and Providence fans in that category.

Just like yourself I have no idea how EF would have fared in the 4aa West. Here is what i do know. Right now...today ....in addition to sighs of relief Mallard Creek is 1-0 against EF and has 3 state titles since it opened in 2007. EF has zero in that time period.

Please god beat Scotland so you guys can stop with the please tell us we are pretty posts. Its embarrasing.

Reactions: nepsy7

Seems like you're not taking the advice you gave your kids.

Based of what? What about EF that you’ve seen this year that makes you say that?

I don't believe they are built to beat a Myers Park & than a Butler, Mallard Creek, Vance or Hough back to back. Just my opinion but SOS this year would not prepare them for any of those teams, especially beating 2 in a row.

Just curious to East Forsyth fans. Why is there so much concern on how people feel about how you would match up against teams you're not playing? (4AA) Why not just enjoy your run and ignore what people think, or what you believe people think.?

Last edited:
I don't believe they are built to beat a Myers Park & than a Butler, Mallard Creek, Vance or Hough back to back. Just my opinion but SOS this year would not prepare them for any of those teams, especially beating 2 in a row.

Strength of schedule didn't prepare Wake to win a championship either.

I think that it's about who shows up at any given night as we can tell from Hough beating MC and Vance beating Hough twice. And I believe that this East Forsyth team would be able to.

But that's all in the realm of "what if". I'm not going to deny that EF has had an easy schedule. But Wake has proved to the world that schedule doesn't really matter.

Just curious to East Forsyth fans. Why is there so much concern on how people feel about how you would match up against teams you're not playing? (4AA) Why not just enjoy your run and ignore what people think, or what you believe people think.?

Is there? Or or we just answering questions posed by you all? My question came from your underhanded congratulations.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT