this is my projected conference realignment with the adm numbers

Richmond---2216
Hoke County--- 2332
Pinecrest---2213
Lumberton---2163
Jack Britt--- 2021
Southview---1915
Scotland---1688

71st ??? I guess they could drop to 3A. I know their numbers have taking a hit over the years

I would trade the Fayetteville 4a schools for those 2 any day as it relates to the SEC

That would be ok for football, but the other sports.....??
If it dropped the 3A schools from the conf I would be fine with it. Topsail and WB usually have strong baseball and WB usually has strong basketball.
Two years ago Topsail won the states in baseball (3A) and finished 3rd in the conf. Last year WB was ranked #1 in 3A until conf play began and the grind of playing the bigger schools with more depth wore them down and they dropped fast and lost early in the playoffs. SB isn't good at anything. We are stuck on an island and there isn't a great fit anywhere.

Port
Simmons realignment has New Hanover going down to 3a. Do you want to drop them from the conference as well if that happens??

I think the county will open NH again to get the number ups. Laney 2200, AHS 1900, Hoggard 1800 and NH 1650. It would only take a year or so and NH would be back up to 1750-1800.

Then why does the administration set the enrollment cap so low. There is a lottery to get in New Hanover via open choice now so evidently the administration likes it this way. The central office sets the numbers.

Then why does the administration set the enrollment cap so low. There is a lottery to get in New Hanover via open choice now so evidently the administration likes it this way. The central office sets the numbers.
I don't think NHC wants NH to drop to 3A. I would think they would do whatever they could to get the numbers up as quickly as they can.

I think that's why Rose is now open. Pitt county didn't want them dropping to 3A and they are on their way there at 1495.

So the the administration has to either add more population to the NH district, increase the enrollment cap for more open choice or make NH open enrollment as it was until 3-4 years ago. I think because of athletics the county school administration will opt for none of the above.

So the the administration has to either add more population to the NH district, increase the enrollment cap for more open choice or make NH open enrollment as it was until 3-4 years ago. I think because of athletics the county school administration will opt for none of the above.
You may be right but I just don't see them letting the numbers continue to go down. There is no new growth near NH. They will have to continue to change the lines or the other 3 schools will dwarf NH.

I don't understand if Laney is overpopulated and Hanover has room why it hasn't already been done!!

WilDCack70, Its NeW HaNNover County SCHool sytem .... WHat Do expect. You Should KNOw this... BY SOme of your past Posts and How They Do everything backwards. I THink it will be a Shame if Nee Hanover drops to 3a. Many yEaRs as a 4A power in Eastern N.C. and now a 3a school. Shaking my Head at this oNe.

Port...

Lot more to the open enrollment at Rose than just not wanting them to drop to 3A......
Your probably right and I'm sure you know better than I do. I know Rose has always taken pride in their athletic and they have had a lot of success in many of their programs. I would think the county wants Rose to be relevant and wants them to compete for championships and that's going to be difficult with their low ADM.

Port,
Any thoughts to a conspiracy theory that keeping Laney overcrowed when all 3 other high school numbers are down is a way to justify a 5th high school that the administration wants to build. they can show the overcrowding at Laney as justification instead of spreading those students. If New Hanover was 2000 students at one time, why can't they handle that number now, unless the administration has an agenda!!!!

Port,
Any thoughts to a conspiracy theory that keeping Laney overcrowed when all 3 other high school numbers are down is a way to justify a 5th high school that the administration wants to build. they can show the overcrowding at Laney as justification instead of spreading those students. If New Hanover was 2000 students at one time, why can't they handle that number now, unless the administration has an agenda!!!!
I don't see that happening. No money.

If the "administration" at these schools are doing things to keep the their student numbers up just for athletic purposes, then they all need to be fired from their educational posts.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT