ADVERTISEMENT

Conference Games Only ?

The state extended the season if I recall. So there might have been a week or 2, but we aren't talking a whole football season.

I just don't think y'all understand what this school year is going to look like.

Even with the Extension some schools played 2 games a week for 3 weeks and then rolled into the playoffs. Some schools were closed over a month.

Well sorry bout it.

All I know to tell you is wear your mask and social distance, and tell your friends the same. If you don't and we don't get a football season in, I don't want to hear it.

I still just say play in the spring...and say oh well to the other sports. If kids want to play baseball volleyball or basketball...they can go play for church rec leagues aau or whatever when they open up. U don't need a team to play golf...cross country and track athletes can just run wherever. Wrestling I dunno what to do there

Just find a way to do them all even if it's a short season. You can't say sorry to other sports, and you have to make sure you stay in Title IX compliance.

U can say sorry to other sports...we said sorry to basketball teams and didn't let them play one more game this year. And we said sorry to spring sports this year. I'd much rather have a full football season in the spring then cut it short so we can squeeze in every sport in 5 months

But it's not about you. We did say sorry to spring sports last year, so we should ensure they have some sort of season if we can do sports.

I mean you have a championship caliber softball team with possibly the best pitcher in the state up on the mountain. Let em play if at all possible.

You can't just do football. In fact the NCHSAA wouldn't do that. It would be sending a terrible message if they said, sorry go play baseball somewhere else, we're only doing football.

Unfortunately football along with wrestling and basketball are the absolute sports to play during this and should really be the last we consider.

We may not even get anything in the spring. This could blow up something terrible during flu season.

Also we should note that many of those coaches rely on their supplements to survive.

Last edited:
Reactions: TD-FridayNight
School systems are having issues about how to start the academic year. How are they going to agree to a football season?

But it's not about you. We did say sorry to spring sports last year, so we should ensure they have some sort of season if we can do sports.

I mean you have a championship caliber softball team with possibly the best pitcher in the state up on the mountain. Let em play if at all possible.

You can't just do football. In fact the NCHSAA wouldn't do that. It would be sending a terrible message if they said, sorry go play baseball somewhere else, we're only doing football.

Unfortunately football along with wrestling and basketball are the absolute sports to play during this and should really be the last we consider.

We may not even get anything in the spring. This could blow up something terrible during flu season.

Also we should note that many of those coaches rely on their supplements to survive.
The NCHSAA would do that..
The NCHSAA will do anything ..They canceled state basketball championships 18 hrs before the game..I still haven't figured that out..

If you think the NCHSAA is going to do that, and take the heat for doing so, I have ocean front property in West Virginia for you.

They had no choice when the pulled the plug on basketball and spring. They couldn't have sports once the kids were sent home. You're comparing 2 different scenarios here.

Reactions: CherokeeKid
Well sorry bout it.

All I know to tell you is wear your mask and social distance, and tell your friends the same. If you don't and we don't get a football season in, I don't want to hear it.

What if we do that and still don't have football? Still don't want to hear it?

Reactions: ncball04
If you think the NCHSAA is going to do that, and take the heat for doing so, I have ocean front property in West Virginia for you.

They had no choice when the pulled the plug on basketball and spring. They couldn't have sports once the kids were sent home. You're comparing 2 different scenarios here.

Their first choice of playing the state championship games without fans was the correct one imo. I was in Hickory the week before on Sat for semis. The place was packed full of fans. A few days later nchsaa says its now unsafe to play without fans. Im not buying that one.

"IF" there is a football season this year watch out for the ONSLOW county teams. They are in full stride while surrounding counties haven't been able to do squat. IF the season happens it might be an all ONSLOW COUNTY FINAL!

"IF" there is a football season this year watch out for the ONSLOW county teams. They are in full stride while surrounding counties haven't been able to do squat. IF the season happens it might be an all ONSLOW COUNTY FINAL!

?? What Lakewood fan? Only one team in Onslow Co. With any type of shot at winning anything. SWO will be ready to roll, roughly 80 kids out

Not everyone plays in the same size conference. Some conferences have as many as nine or ten schools, others may just have five or six schools. No matter how many schools there are in a conference, how about everyone playing the same number of games? I think South Carolina is going with a seven game regular season in the fall.

Not everyone plays in the same size conference. Some conferences have as many as nine or ten schools, others may just have five or six schools. No matter how many schools there are in a conference, how about everyone playing the same number of games? I think South Carolina is going with a seven game regular season in the fall.

It would have to be something like that. So in a conference of 9 or 10 you may not get to play every team. If you have 6 in the conference, play 2 teams twice.

Spring sports just got the shaft, if nothing else. Spring sports must get a full season this year.

I’m guessing he’s saying that there was really no spring sports played last year and he’s thinking the same thing could happen next spring.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT