ADVERTISEMENT

Coaches?

Cory Barnes-Midway-Took over a program not really known for football modernized the offense and has them being competitive year in and out
Battle Holley-East Duplin-always consistent no matter what he has to work with always produces a hard nose blue collar team that will punch you in the mouth.
Antonio Moore-Northeastern-All the man does is win despite what some may say about him in the big games he has NE in the conversation every year.

Derrick Minor - East Burke
Coach Byrd/Jonathan Grice - Hopewell *Note: Grice is now at MC
Hellams - SC
Josh Brooks - Franklin
Joe Glass - Hickory
Brandy Gentry - West Cabarrus
Jonathan Oliphant / Sean Fitzgerald - Lake Norman
Rydell Cowan - South Iredell
Butch Carter - Alexander Central
Robert Washington- Mt Island Charter
Every Member of Vance (Julius Chambers) staff
Coach Wilson - Hickory Ridge
Sam Griener - West Charlotte
Coach Billups - Free Agent
Kenneth McClamrock - Not coaching at moment

All these coaches I named are some of the best people I have ever met, I understand some may disagree but all these I know and I respect, There are many many great talent coach on the rise and some that are Un-Notice or whatever but These men I named , I would trust with my life and kids or anything because they are all family men and they care about their kids and students and etc

Last edited:
2A Wise:

Good friends with Chris Johnson at West Stokes. He's a good dude and really busts his butt at whatever school he goes too. What he did at Forbush after the program got nuked by his predecessor was impressive.. hate what happened there. He will do well at West Stokes but he has to repair them from the ground up in a very tough conference. Plus the ADM situation in Stokes county's going to be a challenge. If he ever leaves West whatever school that gets him will be very fortunate if they give him the time he needs.

I really like Bernard Williams at North Forsyth. He's a really great guy and he has a good head on his shoulders. He has a huge task around him but he's doing it the right way unlike his predecessor. They might not become world winners but they will be more stable with him there. The stories he told of Gilchrist's final days were insane.. blew my mind honestly. He's had a tough road already but he's improved them. We follow each other on Twitter and when I've had personal troubles he was there with words of wisdom. I'll forever respect him for that.

David Hamlin at Atkins was always a good fellow too. Hate they got moved up it will be quite rough for their program. Worst thing for Atkins was getting above 1A.

Of course Coach Hampton at Ashe.. he was my coach at North Surry so I'm personally biased there lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: Maiden Creek
Already mentioned but Battle Holley at East Duplin does more with less than anyone I have seen in my time in ENC. His group usually never passes the eye test, but they are competitive each year. Very sound, not flashy and definitely a throwback. ED has defeated WRH three out of the last four years including the 2017 state championship team with Javonte. Probably would have made a deep run in the 2AA playoffs this year if it were a normal year even though they were 3-4 I think.

2A Wise:

Good friends with Chris Johnson at West Stokes. He's a good dude and really busts his butt at whatever school he goes too. What he did at Forbush after the program got nuked by his predecessor was impressive.. hate what happened there. He will do well at West Stokes but he has to repair them from the ground up in a very tough conference. If he ever leaves West whatever school that gets him will be very fortunate if they give him the time he needs.

I really like Bernard Williams at North Forsyth. He's a really great guy and he has a good head on his shoulders. He has a huge task around him but he's doing it the right way unlike his predecessor. He's had a tough road already but he's improved them. We follow each other on Twitter and when I've had personal troubles he was there with words of wisdom. I'll forever respect him for that.

David Hamlin at Atkins was always a good fellow too. Hate he got moved up.

Of course Coach Hampton at Ashe.. he was my coach at North Surry so I'm personally biased there lol.
Dang nice list and I and I agree with you on all.

I think Will Byrne of Maiden has done an excellent job. Of course can’t forget about the legend late Tom Brown of Maiden.

• Love
Brian Hinson of Salsibury. I know Salsibury has the talent but I think coaching plays a big part. They did pull out some close ones.

Forgot about him he's awesome too. Enjoyed the convo I had with him when we scrimmaged them 2 years back. What he's done to help that program has been amazing. He completely brought them back to life.

And i know you said outside of your favorite/home school but i have to mention the job Cory Johnson has done at Clinton talking to him you forget the guy just turned 30 this past spring. He has done a great job taking on a job that came with alot of pressure and expectations and really placing his mark on the program. 3 years 3 conference championships 2 COY awards and a berth in a Regional title game not bad for a first time head coach. Most importantly the kids love him and the few conversations i had with him he is all about the kids and putting them in a position to be successful on and off the field. Says alot when kids he coached as a coordinator at Scotland still reach out and speak highly of him. We are lucky to have him at Clinton and hope thats the case for years to come.

And i know you said outside of your favorite/home school but i have to mention the job Cory Johnson has done at Clinton talking to him you forget the guy just turned 30 this past spring. He has done a great job taking on a job that came with alot of pressure and expectations and really placing his mark on the program. 3 years 3 conference championships 2 COY awards and a berth in a Regional title game not bad for a first time head coach. Most importantly the kids love him and the few conversations i had with him he is all about the kids and putting them in a position to be successful on and off the field. Says alot when kids he coached as a coordinator at Scotland still reach out and speak highly of him. We are lucky to have him at Clinton and hope thats the case for years to come.
Wow he’s young

New DC at Clinton is a 2011 graduate of

Reidsville High School
Saw that posted earlier looking forward to him joining the staff. Most recently coached at Lee County. Young energetic coaching staff here at Clinton definitely excited what the future holds.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT