ADVERTISEMENT

Coaches, players, shortages....

Sleehrat84

Nov 8, 2001
With smaller 1A schools, will the overlap of football into the normal Spring season affect your schools' participation numbers? I know kids can do multiple sports, but will they? Will a baseball player who "plays" football just focus on one sport? What about the coaches that are shared? Just curious what it looks like at your school.

Honestly I'm not sure which sports overlap but I dont see baseball hurting football in Robbinsville.

Honestly I'm not sure which sports overlap but I dont see baseball hurting football in Robbinsville.
I was just thinking that a team who makes the football playoffs would eat into the baseball season. Maybe I am wrong.

Every week of FB playoffs would be a missed week of baseball. Football regular season ends Friday Feb 9. Baseball practice starts Monday Feb 12th. The amount of teams in FB playoffs will determine a lot. Football team makes a 3/4 week run. Guys would miss 4-6 games of only 14 game schedule. Absolutely mhsneer, i have seen 1A BB program practice with only 2 or 3 varsity players for a month waiting on FB kids.

That’s been Mitchell’s problem in basketball for some time. It’s hard to win games with jvs playing against varsity

Reactions: 97Cougar
It will not just be 1A, 2A will suffer as well. The volleyball/Basketball overlap will really effect 1a and 2a. Alot of girls play both for smaller schools.

Reactions: Mhsneer
Another issue for small schools will be gym time. All of Dec and most of Jan. VB will be playing regular season games, while BB will be practicing in Dec and playing games in Jan. My school will have 6 teams sharing 1 gym.

Reactions: 97Cougar
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT