ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Scott Young

What a sad day. Scott was such a great coach, but an even better man. It's so heartbreaking for his family. I was blessed to be able to call Coach Young a friend. Tough day for everyone associated with NC HS Football. No words really. Rest easy buddy.

My thoughts and prayers to his wife and family.

I well remember the game in 2008 when SP was ranked #1 and riding a 13 game winning streak. SP played at West Rowan in the state semi-final and Coach Young & his team absolutely took the Raiders to the woodshed. The Falcons went on to win the state championship the next week. He was such a fierce and respected competitor. Condolences to his family and the West Rowan community.

Really sad day in NC high school football with the passing of Coach Scott Young. He was a great friend and will be missed. Thoughts and prayers to his family and the communities of West Rowan and Statesville HS.

Reactions: Crestuff
I well remember the game in 2008 when SP was ranked #1 and riding a 13 game winning streak. SP played at West Rowan in the state semi-final and Coach Young & his team absolutely took the Raiders to the woodshed. The Falcons went on to win the state championship the next week. He was such a fierce and respected competitor. Condolences to his family and the West Rowan community.

His scheme that night completely shut the Raiders down. I'll never forget until the day I day. I was standing there with my dad; we took the kickoff and drove right down the field and Desmond scored on a TD run with little resistance from the defense. I remember yelling "they haven't seen anything like us before"..... little did I know we would hardly cross mid field the rest of the game. First time and honestly only time I think the RedBone has been completely taken away.

RIP Coach.

Just saw a great story on Coach Young on the news.In todays world we need so many like him leading our young people.

Reactions: beamer24
RIP Coach Young.....passed away at 45, another reminder of just how short this life really is. Prayers to his family and football family during this difficult time.

Last edited:
Reactions: beamer24
My jaw literally dropped when I saw the news. I couldn't believe it. I met him on the field after West Rowan thumped us in the semifinals several years back. Great coach and person. He will be missed.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT