ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Josh Brooks steps down as Franklin High School football coach

Wow is right. With the rumors I'm hearing across the mountain this may just fuel the fire a little bit!!
Franklin has lost a fantastic coach and even better man.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Maybe Brooks is heading back over the mountain to Sylva. Would be a huge upgrade for Smoky.
SM hasn't demonstrated the forward thinking to hire someone like Josh. They have some good athletes but lack the support from the likes of the booster club and overall fanbase of Jackson county. I would be stunned if he goes there. If i had to bet Coach Brooks winds up at Rabun County or Rabun Gap.

Reactions: Steelers71
Smoky Mountain has no clue what they are doing with the football program. But, I doubt he ends up back there. Rabun sounds much more like it. Either way, Brooks did a great job at Franklin for a long time. He really took the program to a new level after Goldsmith retired. It will be of epic difficulty to find a better coach for the school and community.

Franklin won't find better than Brooks. He and his brother can flat out coach. Where ever he ends up they'll be getting a good one.

Reactions: BiltmoreCANE
i like coach. He did a good job but he did have a lot of youth so that should be a good thing for the next guy. but This is a big loss for Franklin.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT