ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Gillespie has resigned from Page

Warhead1

Sep 8, 2009
Word on the street is Kevin Gillespie has resigned from Page HS and taken HC job at Asheboro HS. This is IMO one of the top jobs in the State. Who are some of the top candidates for this job?

This is a big time job but who do they go after this late in the Spring? Rumors are going around that East Forsyth HC Todd Willert could be a top candidate for the job. That would be a great hire if they can make it happen.

Willert more than qualified but tough to leave "your " program for someone else's

Willert more than qualified but tough to leave "your " program for someone else's

Why would he leave? He has built EF into a great program. Can't be much of a money difference between systems? Challenge of building program is not there, they are already successful.

It is amazing to see the large differences in pay and facilities comparing NC to SC. One day hopefully so much red tape won't exist preventing enhancements for NC schools.

Reactions: BlackKnightNut
Rumors going around on other sites that the new HC will be NW Guilford HC Rolfes.

Rumors going around on other sites that the new HC will be NW Guilford HC Rolfes.

That is correct. The Eastern Guilford coach was offered the job, but turned it down over the weekend. Rolfes was offered and accepted. They (Page) also interviewed their own Offensive and Defensive coordinators, and an unnamed 5th candidate.

From a statistic and record perspective, I understand going after the Eastern Guilford Head Coach, however if he turned it down, I would then go to one of the two coordinators at the school currently. No disrespect to Rolfes, but I do not think NW Guilford lived up to expectations. He will fortunately inherit a very solid program, but I am sure the players will have some frustration as they will be in the same conference as Page. But then again sometimes people have to do what they feel is best for their families. Someone will always have feathers ruffled.

WAS THERE SOME SORT OF FRICTION FROM INSIDE THE BUILDING SOMEWHERE?
OR WAS IT THE HOT DOG STAND?
POSSIBLY THE BOOZY CREW(BOOSTER CLUB)
OR DID ANYONE OF THE STAFF TURNT HIS TEMPERATURE HIGH?

Built that program from floor up - This is an Unsolved Mystery

--- break ---
This dude scared the Friday Night Lights out of me
~FREAK~
um.jpg

Coach G is a big time coach. But to pretend like Page was a doormat and that he built the program from the ground up is comical. I encourage you guys to do some research from Page teams in the 80's and 90's. Coach G knocked the dust off what was once a big time program and got it back where it belongs given their talent pool. Big loss for Page. big gain for Asheboro.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT