ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Gentry

BlueDevil1996

May 20, 2020

Congratulations Coach Gentry, enjoy your retirement, you will be impossible to replace. Hopefully the culture and tradition of winning will carry on but that's never a given when replacing a legend.

Needless to say, it will be very interesting to see how things transpire over the next few months at Murphy. Whomever takes charge will essentially have to assemble a whole new staff.

It appears that some of the rumblings were true. Great coach, and Nc high school football will miss him. Wish him the best and hope he enjoys his retirement

I wonder if the holdup at Swaim is due to someone within Murphy being offered the job but holding up to see what happened with Gentry.

Non the less congratulations to a great coach on a much deserved retirement.

Have absolutely no idea, but if anything I bet it’s the other way around. Maybe Nelson knew coach was leaving and decided to start over somewhere else? Who knows? Just know that Murphy will be in major reload/rebuild (however you want to look at it) mode. If I’m Watson and am named head coach, the first call I make is to Campana. Gotta get that guy back on staff if he’s interested.

That's what I was getting at. Nelson may have left knowing Gentry was done.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT