ADVERTISEMENT

Clinton's Ryheem Skinner

Darkhorse#34

Jul 30, 2006
With 196 yards last night Skinner goes over the 2,000 yard mark becoming only the 2nd Clinton player to do so....may not seem like a big deal but i can list off the names of former Clinton running backs and the fact that this young man has done this in only his sophomore season speaks volumes....Sky is the limit for this young man and with Frasier(Princeton),Thompson(Hoggard),Murchison(EB),Manning(Whiteville) all graduating its safe to say he will be one of the top RBs in the state next season...Hopefully some recruiters are starting to take notice.....And you wont see there names in the paper but that offensive line has been great all season....Storm Cannady,TJ Boone,Joel Jones,Jon Jacobs,Chase King,Johnathon Wright and Chandler Whitefield

Still crazy to think about all the talented running backs who have came though and only one other has accomplished the feat Nic Cooper in 2005 and 2006 im sure Willie would have done it in 98 but getting upset in the 3rd round mess that up.....just goes to show you the depth and talent in the backfield in years past but even this year Howard Faison and Wilkins

I knew watching this kid on JV last year that he would be something special....against Trask on a bad ankle breaking tackles reversing field and still going about 60 yards on a bum ankle.....i knew right then and there...I was saying to myself "Bob get this kid on varsity right now" lol

Someone told me when he was transitioning from the recreation leads to the middle school, he may become one of the best backs Clinton High School has ever had. Considering all the great backs Clinton has had (including 3 NFL starters) I thought this was sacrilegious or at least premature. But this source came from people who know DarkHorse football.. Well he proved himself in middle school. He proved himself on JV last year and he's well on his way at the varsity level today. He's got some talent you just can't coach, you either have them or you don't. He's got'em!
The great thing is we have other great backs (Hyson Howard, Julian Wilkins, Rayquan Faison) in the stable too!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT