ADVERTISEMENT

Clinton vs Red Springs (revised Tuesday Oct 19)

Darkhorse#34

Jul 30, 2006
Its been a while but Clinton 3-0(1-0) is back home in the friendly confines of Darkhorse Stadium hosting conference foe Red Springs Red Devils 1-1(0-1). Clinton is coming off a 56-6 thrashing of Fairmont Friday night looking to continue their winning ways as for Red Springs lost a tough one to Midway 49-22. These two teams share some history like the other Robeson County schools we were conference foes in the old Tri-six in the early 2000's. Fun fact Red Springs is Clinton's only conference lost in the 4 season in the Tri-Six a 16-14 game at Red Springs in 2004. Clinton has won 3 of the last 4 meetings dating back to 2001.

Red Springs is Coached by Lawrence Chels his 5th year at the helm. Schedule wise they been hit hard by covid protocols. After their season opening win vs Douglas Bryd on August 20th they didnt play a game until this past Friday. They like to pound the rock, well Friday their QB was out and they must not be that deep at QB cause all of the 258 yards they had vs Midway was on the ground so that will be something to watch for if QB Colton Locklear is able to play Friday. They have a talented 2 way player in Angel Washington 5'10 210LB senior OLB/RB. Thru 2 games rushed for 319 yards and 3 scores on defense looks very solid coming off the edge fast athletic sound tackler Clinton will need to identify him make sure you keep a hat on that young man. Red Springs is going to be eager to get a win to not fall to far behind in the conference race so i expect them to play extremely hard they may feel like they let one slip by Friday night with all the turnovers they had vs Midway.

For Clinton game 4 now expect to see us really hit our stride kick in midseason flow. The kids will be excited seems like forever since we had a home game. These next 3 games are extremely important in establishing just how good we are. I believe we have a good team just hard to tell how good at this point our first 3 opponents have a combined record of 1-13. I hate that we were unable to play the Wallace and EE Smith games but thats just how this season has gone so far and were not the only team thats had to deal with it. Expect Clinton to continue to remain solid on defense secondary was lights out last Friday after some small lapses the previous week. Sophmore DJ Wilson had a really good game on the dline.Offense continues to kill with balance oline really established itself early last game i expect to see similar vs RS. Expect big games from the usual suspects Jaekwon,Blake,Patrick, etc. Had a few guys out Friday hopefully good to go going forward. If i had to make a prediction right now ill say Clinton wins 35-14

Last edited:
2001-Clinton 40 Red Springs 6
2002-Clinton 41 Red Springs 14
2003-Clinton 34 Red Springs 21
2004- Clinton 14 Red Springs 16

Its been a while but Clinton 3-0(1-0) is back home in the friendly confines of Darkhorse Stadium hosting conference foe Red Springs Red Devils 1-1(0-1). Clinton is coming off a 56-6 thrashing of Fairmont Friday night looking to continue their winning ways as for Red Springs lost a tough one to Midway 49-22. These two teams share some history like the other Robeson County schools we were conference foes in the old Tri-six in the early 2000's. Fun fact Red Springs is Clinton's only conference lost in the 4 season in the Tri-Six a 16-14 game at Red Springs in 2004. Clinton has won 3 of the last 4 meetings dating back to 2001.

Red Springs is Coached by Lawrence Chels his 5th year at the helm. Schedule wise they been hit hard by covid protocols. After their season opening win vs Douglas Bryd on August 20th they didnt play a game until this past Friday. They like to pound the rock, well Friday their QB was out and they must not be that deep at QB cause all of the 258 yards they had vs Midway was on the ground so that will be something to watch for if QB Colton Locklear is able to play Friday. They have a talented 2 way player in Angel Washington 5'10 210LB senior OLB/RB. Thru 2 games rushed for 319 yards and 3 scores on defense looks very solid coming off the edge fast athletic sound tackler Clinton will need to identify him make sure you keep a hat on that young man. Red Springs is going to be eager to get a win to not fall to far behind in the conference race so i expect them to play extremely hard they may feel like they let one slip by Friday night with all the turnovers they had vs Midway.

For Clinton game 4 now expect to see us really hit our stride kick in midseason flow. The kids will be excited seems like forever since we had a home game. These next 3 games are extremely important in establishing just how good we are. I believe we have a very very good team just hard to tell how good at this point our first 3 opponents have a combined record of 1-13. I hate that we were unable to play the Wallace and EE Smith games but thats just how this season has gone so far and were not the only team thats had to deal with it. Expect Clinton to continue to remain solid on defense secondary was lights out last Friday after some small lapses the previous week. Sophmore DJ Wilson had a really good game on the dline.Offense continues to kill with balance oline really established itself early last game i expect to see similar vs RS. Expect big games from the usual suspects Jaekwon,Blake,Patrick, etc. Had a few guys out Friday hopefully good to go going forward. If i had to make a prediction right now ill say Clinton wins 35-14
I'm think Locklear is the most popular name around the Lumberton area. Every time I see someone with that last name they are always from down there.

Reactions: UNC91
I'm think Locklear is the most popular name around the Lumberton area. Every time I see someone with that last name they are always from down there.
When I was in highschool goob it was Oxendine but that was more in the South Robeson area.

Reactions: UNC91
When I was in highschool goob it was Oxendine but that was more in the South Robeson area.
That’s a strange last name for sure. I haven’t googled it but I believe Lumberton is in Robeson County. I know Lumberton is a very violent small town the likes of Kinston

Yea I graduated CHS in 04’ and we were in the old Tri-six conference with Red Springs, Fairmont, S. Robeson, St. Paul’s etc and when someone made a play for St. Paul’s you didn’t need a roster, just say Oxendine on the tackle and you’d be right. Good athletes.

Yea I graduated CHS in 04’ and we were in the old Tri-six conference with Red Springs, Fairmont, S. Robeson, St. Paul’s etc and when someone made a play for St. Paul’s you didn’t need a roster, just say Oxendine on the tackle and you’d be right. Good athletes.
Lol 🤣. Yes I don't know much about those programs. We played host to St Pauls a couple years ago in the playoffs. Fairmont also.

Reactions: dogs79
Locklear, Oxendine and Chavis.
Other common surnames in those parts are Jones and Lowery.
I recall an article years ago in the N&O about how the Lumbees had a reputation as skilled drywall installers, and several generations prior some of them had migrated to the Baltimore area and became well-established there. Same occurred on a lesser scale with some of the tradesmen and their families going to Greensboro.

North Duplin is open this week and only has 9 games on their schedule......its worth a phone call just saying

Damn. With St. Paul’s in protocol too who knows when we may play again.
We gotta find somebody to play, I assume St Paul’s could play on Monday after our scheduled game. Possibly their quarentine and 3 days conditioning would be over but the we may just be screwed having already missed 2 games and the next two game’s team in quarentine. I hope we have a rest of the season

We gotta find somebody to play, I assume St Paul’s could play on Monday after our scheduled game. Possibly their quarentine and 3 days conditioning would be over but the we may just be screwed having already missed 2 games and the next two game’s team in quarentine. I hope we have a rest of the season
The way this season is playing out with covid issues it's almost impossible to predict which teams may be playing for a state title. It wouldn't surprise me at all to see a double digit seed go all the way to the championship. Just look at what happened to the little league team from Greenville and the NC State baseball team. A scenario like that could very well play out in the playoffs

Alright guess it’s time to start this thread back up after the reschedule we pick up where we left off game was originally pose to be played week 6 now it’s being played this upcoming Tuesday Oct 19…….Let’s keep things real “PC” only compliments and pats on the back. Cool 👍🏾

Alright guess it’s time to start this thread back up after the reschedule we pick up where we left off game was originally pose to be played week 6 now it’s being played this upcoming Tuesday Oct 19…….Let’s keep things real “PC” only compliments and pats on the back. Cool 👍🏾
Red springs don't want to play Clinton this week. 56-28 Clinton

lol lemme get back to being serious Red Springs comes into the game next Tuesday really hurting for a win the Red Devils have dropped 3 straight conference games losing to Midway,East Bladen,and West Bladen they play Fairmont tomorrow evening so it’s a chance to stop the skid. Graduation must of really took a heavy toll on this squad I expected them to atleast finish in the 3rd or 4th range in conference play right now currently sitting dead last at 0-3 in conference games.

Red Springs currently trailing Fairmont 22-0……Tuesday should be a nice bounce back game for Clinton. Looks like Red Springs is extremely down

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Gonna keep it positive.

Clinton 63
Red Springs 60
All jokes aside Red Springs doesn’t look good at all. Fairmont currently leading 36-0 not even halftime…..I see mercy rule coming early on Tuesday……now what interesting is this Midway vs West Bladen game…..WB is a scrappy bunch playing hard better than I thought

Reactions: sam
Red Springs fell tonight 42-0 to Fairmont…….Well if your looking for the perfect rebound opponent we sure as heck got it…..starters should be done by halftime plenty of rest with 2 games on the agenda and plenty of PT for 2nd and 3rd teams…….if you want to try new personnel or new wrinkles on defense this is the game for it Clinton by 40+

Reactions: Otis4411
Sounds like Red Springs is having some numbers issues dealing with lots of injuries from the interview sounds like a lot of JV kids got moved up and just thrown out into starting positions

Clinton strikes first 10 yard pass from Smith to Wilson. 2 point conv no good incomplete pass. 6-0 Clinton.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT