ADVERTISEMENT

Clinton vs East Bladen Aug 25 WK 2

Darkhorse#34

Jul 30, 2006
Always a fun rivalry game as Clinton looks to rebound from tough loss.....well hopefully we wont see the "first game" mental errors we were plagued with last night.......EB always a tough opponent hearing they look way better than last year and also Legendary coach Lenon Fisher back helping out so this will be a tough one......i would say our main concerns is establishing our offense wether its T and I formations or the spread.....defensively need the same effort Friday just finish plays finish your tackles wayyy too many missed especially for a Clinton defense.......heres to a good week of practice and a good game Friday lets get back on track

I won't say for sure that Lenon is back on the sidelines, but he has helped them out during practice earlier in the month. So, you will have to wait and see Friday night. He's been working with the defense.
My opinion is that the Eagles may well be stronger and may well be a fast, if not a step faster than last year.( if you can believe that). I guarantee you they won't they won't be clay pigeons for the Dark horses. I think it will be a good close game. A lot of things usually happens when these two teams get together. Looking for a good safe free game. GO EAGLES!!!!!

Well! I haven't seen the roster. So that is good news to me. Things will be interesting this season.

And alil off topic but any Clinton fans care to know Skinner had a good showing at his intra squad scrimmage out there in California scored a Touchdown.....not sure where he falls on the depth chart but his first game is this upcoming Saturday

With a O-line bigger and stronger , a QB in Bedsole with a year under his belt as a starter with a strong arm and quick mine, receivers like Smith, Pone and Avery (all with speed and great hands) and a backfield of horses like Wooten, McDowell Robinson and Higgins-- look for big numbers on the Eagle side of the scoreboard -- The Darkhorse O will be a good test for the Eagles D.

And alil off topic but any Clinton fans care to know Skinner had a good showing at his intra squad scrimmage out there in California scored a Touchdown.....not sure where he falls on the depth chart but his first game is this upcoming Saturday

Once again off topic sorry but heard from a family member he actually won over the starting spot.....kids got talent if he tightens up his school work definitely could see a bigger school picking him up

Over the years I have learned to accept the unexpected out of a football game between Clinton and East Bladen, its always been that way. I remember the first time Clinton ever played against Elizabeth town back in 1964. It ended in complete chaos. The officials really blew it on the last play of the game. The only time I have have ever seen a QB (Clinton) fall on his knees with ref looking at it, he gets up and tosses a 10 yd pass into the endzone for TD. They rule a TD. Some of us old guys still have the picture and film clip of the QB on his knees,also shows the back judge looking at him on ground. So nothing doesn't surprise me when these two teams square off.

Like last year the touchback that ended up being a safety but then turned into a touchback again i still dont understand that call

You should have seen the play at the Lakewood pender game. 1st series of the game pender starts 1st &10 from the 15. Ends up being 4th and 23 from the 2 yard line. They punt from the back of the end zone, the ball lands on the 10 and rolls backwards back into the end zone. Pender picks it up and stands there a couple seconds then runs it about 102 yds down to the 2 yd line. Talk about confusion. Luckily Lakewood D rose to the occasion and held them out. Could have been a whole different ball game if they score after that

Always a good, hard fought game every time these two get together. I'm a little concerned because this is the first game for East Bladen. They will have to get over earlier jitters and limit the mental mistakes that come with the first game. Clinton's got a game under their belts and don't have to worry as much about that. If EB can do that, they have a really good chance. I have been pretty impressed with both sides of the ball during preseason. Discipline on the defensive side will be key for the Eagles. Keeping Williams contained and playing good assignment football. Offensively, they just need to execute and limit penalties and turnovers.

For Clinton defense wise were solid just have to finish plays too many times early last Friday we would have a ballcarrier stopped or hit in the backfield just to let him get away. We were better in the 2nd half but cant have that happen again especially with the athletes EB has and they have some big backs......offensively just have to excute bottom line wether its in the T or in the spread cant have those mental breakdowns we wasted alot of timeouts and had some costly penalties......Hope we actually stay with thr spread for awhile give it a chance i think Friday we went away from it too soon.....Kris was rushed a couple times and i think later in the game it cost him to rush his passes as he overthrew some passes he was pin point on a week before......would love to see more desgned stuff for him running the ball aswell he clearly is our most dangerous athlete......hopefully Taylor Daniel will be good to go for Friday I believe we missed his presence on both offensive and defensive lines last week

When your first four games are Clinton, North Brunswick, Whiteville and South Columbus, it's not a happy meal nor a picnic

Same goes for us Cape Fear,EB,Northside-Jax,Southern Lee.......I wouldn't call Friday's game against the Eagle a "must win" but definitely dont wanna start 0-2

That's pretty tough on both of us. And ya'll still have WRH and ED as well. Ya'll will definitely be battle tested com playoff time.

Just my opinion but you really dont wanna start 0-2 especially with Northside Jacksonville coming up next week.....not gonna call tomorrows game a "must win" but its a important game

Whos ready for Friday......round this time tomorrow everyone will start making there way to the game.....safe travels to those coming from Bladen County

Game Day! I hope we stick to the spread more tonight and give our playmakers more chances. Lesane, Brock, and Barwick will make plays if QB Williams has the time. This will only open up the running game to use our speed in that department. Defense will have to play good again and Taylor Daniel will only help on the interior. Looking for a good game tonight!

Reactions: Darkhorse#34
Game Day! I hope we stick to the spread more tonight and give our playmakers more chances. Lesane, Brock, and Barwick will make plays if QB Williams has the time. This will only open up the running game to use our speed in that department. Defense will have to play good again and Taylor Daniel will only help on the interior. Looking for a good game tonight!

yes offense wise I think it will be important especially on that first drive to march it down the field get some rhythm going.....yes if Williams has time he has the guys that can make plays...looking for a breakout game from Lesane....we need to stay out of those obvious passing downs 3rd 12 things of that nature stay ahead of the sticks.........defense wise we need to play like the 2nd half of the Cape Fear keyword for us is finish the play too many times we have defenders in position to make tackles and they didn't finish......yes it will be good to have Taylor's size and experience back on the field on both sides of the line........hope for a injury free game on both sides will be posting scoring updates up here and on maxpreps

Not going to be able to go to the game tonight .. is anyone broadcasting it on radio or any live updates or posting going on during the battle??

Reactions: Darkhorse#34
Only thing im concerned with is out ability to stop the power run game something that stood out from the scrimmages thru last weeks game and EB has some solid backs.......We showed alot of intensity in the 2nd half last week hope it carries over to today......... final prediction Clinton 21 EB 18 hoping for a good game weather should be fine

Those simmons predictions are BS we proved that last week as he had CF beating us by 14......i dont even see us winning by 26.....this game will be a touchdown or less either way...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT