ADVERTISEMENT

Clinton vs Cape Fear Updates

Darkhorse#34

Jul 30, 2006
posting updates from my usual seat here at DH Stadium great weather for football crowd is rolling in should be a good game

Just looking at the teams warming up they definitely got us size wise those some big ole boys

Cape Fear switches QBs get help from a big Kick return and couple big runs by new QB Aaron Lewis they score but miss the extra point Clinton 7 Cape Fear 6

We can beat this team all they have is size up front successful play is QB run up the middle

Offense sputtering went away from the spread switched to the T....best run of the night so far a QB scramble......going for it on 4th and 14....why not try a FG ball was on the 29....Cape Fear takes over on downs

Big run by AJ Williamson into Cape Fear territory.....guess Lewis thinks going old school is best for right now....its working 5:41 left in the half Horses driving

Big 6'3 Zion Autry carrying the ball nice run up the middle Clinton on the Cape Fear 23

Looks like the Cape Fear d getting a lil winded tackling these big backs play after play ball down to the 15

The way Cape Fear defense line is set up they are leaving a wide hole right in the middle......False start killed us.....Clinton lining up for FG.....prove me right Chandler....FG blocked....well so much for that ill just shut my mouth lol

That one hurt would of been nice to get a score before half.....defense has to hold 2:18 left in the half

Big run by Cape Fear horrible tackling.....down to Clinton 22.....talking about change in momentum

Cape Fear scores on short run.....Defender missed another tackle....Cape Fear 13 Clinton 7 1:32 left in half

End of first half Cape Fear 13 Clinton 7.......actually have to leave now wife needs a ride to work

If we come out drive down and score it would help turn some of the momentum we lost right there at the end of the half......Defense if we tackle we can stop them they are not passing or doing anything to special just running alot of dives and counters QB options

Not looking good Cape Fear just grounding and pounding down to the Clinton 16......Cape Fear is doing what Clinton usual does....I believe they have only thrown 1 or 2 passes

Another 3 in out.....Tired defense has to make another stop great punt by Chandler to flip the field......time may start to be a factor getting late

End of the 3rd Clinton will have to punt to start the 4th just cant get any offensive rythem......just thinking back to the last offensive drive in the first half we had them on the ropes.....defense will have to dig in hopefully force a turnover get us some momentum.....clock will start to be a factor

Two big plays coming up 3rd down....if you dont pick it up gotta go for it on 4th down.....getting too late in this game and we only have 1 timeout left

Went for FG wide right.....man....ill never question Lewis not kicking FGs again....1 blocked 1 missed....scores 13-7 thats difference

Defense trying to hold just called our last timeout about 4 mins left....a first down will probably kill any hopes of a comeback

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT