ADVERTISEMENT

Clinton vs Cape Fear Aug 18th

Darkhorse#34

Jul 30, 2006
Clinton starts out with a tough one hosting last years 4A runner up now 3A Cape Fear at Dark Horse Stadium Friday.....Cape Fear stat QB had ankle surgery and has yet to take the field for the Colts even if he doesn't play still a tough road for Clinton as Cape Fear from what i heard returns a good portion of that team that went undefeated till the State title lost against Greensboro Dudley...Players to watch Chris Matthews 6 ft 205 pound linebacker is the anchor of their defense 4 year looks like it will be either junior Altman or Gruden under center and ATH A. Lewis #4 heard some things about him.........For Clinton even at home we are heavy underdogs for the most part despite the apparent absence of their star QB.....For us we come in alil banged up as several starters missed both preseason scrimmages....Line play both on offense and defense will be crucial....i think it will be important in a game like this to try and hit em in the mouth early getting a early lead think get these young guys confidence up....Im sure Cape Fear playing over in Cumberland county is custom to seeing the spread but seeing us come out in it has to throw them off a bit as they probably are expecting straight T ground and pound......as always mental errors pre snap penaltys turnovers will be key.....fatigue playing a bigger School especially in the second half.....prediction wise im always going to go with Clinton i think we jump out to a early lead and with the help of a turnover or two and some good FG kicking by Chandler Perry we hold on and pull this one out 17-14.........lets here it any other thoughts or predictions on the game

Last edited:
I'll have to wait until middle of next week to make a prediction. We've got to have some those guys back from injury.

Reactions: Darkhorse#34
Just my cents from last night and how that will effect us against Cape Fear.

We were missing 2 starters on the OLine and it showed. We are not as big as we were last year and that showed against then power runs from teams last night.

We did show lots of speed. We can cover in the secondary. We have a great safety. Defensively this team appears to more built to handle spread teams than power running teams, but that'll be determined next week.

Our offense, well let me just say I love the spread sets. The No-huddle up tempo is good and had some teams gassed tonight, and I hear it's not even close to how fast we would like to go. Whether we are in T or Spread that new addition is a great one. Our OLine had to be better, Clause is going to have to have a monster year throwing and running, he doesn't have the Tyion Wrights and Ryheem Skinners back there with him. He does have some good backs, but not in the same class as those 2.

Not going to predict this game, but just let me say there will be a ton of athletes on the field for both teams in this one, and I think Clinton finds out real quick how good they are. Go horses!

You do know Cape Fear has seen your scrimmages snd know you run the spread now? Just saying nobody is expecting Clinton to be in the T.

I hope this is a great game. Always good to see if there are any 2a POWERHOUSES out east

I know. Who cares. It's all about execution. If we don't, it'll be a long night.

Once Chase and Taylor are out there o line should look better....not sure if Taylor will be back next week looks like he had a brace on his knee walking gingerly hope its nothing too serious..... Zeth and Gage will have too step up and lead those younger guys both of them been starting since they were sophomore.....but yes i agree definitely not the biggest O Line we have had in recent years........D line has some size though

Clinton starts out with a tough one hosting last years 4A runner up now 3A Cape Fear at Dark Horse Stadium Friday.....Cape Fear stat QB had ankle surgery and has yet to take the field for the Colts even if he doesn't play still a tough road for Clinton as Cape Fear from what i heard returns a good portion of that team that went undefeated till the State title lost against Greensboro Dudley...Players to watch Chris Matthews 6 ft 205 pound linebacker is the anchor of their defense 4 year looks like it will be either junior Altman or Gruden under center and ATH A. Lewis #4 heard some things about him.........For Clinton even at home we are heavy underdogs for the most part despite the apparent absence of their star QB.....For us we come in alil banged up as several starters missed both preseason scrimmages....Line play both on offense and defense will be crucial....i think it will be important in a game like this to try and hit em in the mouth early getting a early lead think get these young guys confidence up....Im sure Cape Fear playing over in Cumberland county is custom to seeing the spread but seeing us come out in it has to throw them off a bit as they probably are expecting straight T ground and pound......as always mental errors pre snap penaltys turnovers will be key.....fatigue playing a bigger School especially in the second half.....prediction wise im always going to go with Clinton i think we jump out to a early lead and with the help of a turnover or two and some good FG kicking by Chandler Perry we hold on and pull this one out 17-14.........lets here it any other thoughts or predictions on the game
#34, I'd like to think the Horses could hold Cape Fear to 14 points but I don't know.;) I see the Horses best chances being in a fast paced scoring frenzy.

#34, I'd like to think the Horses could hold Cape Fear to 14 points but I don't know.;) I see the Horses best chances being in a fast paced scoring frenzy.

Just tryn to be optimistic....if its a shoot out im fine with that ill take a 45-42 victory if thats what cards we are dealt

As crazy as it sounds would not surprise me if Clinton runs away with this one. They may know Clinton is spread now but Lewis has plenty up his sleeve I'm sure.

Gonna miss Friday's game. In 45 years I can count on 2 hands handshow many DarkHorse games I've missed both home and away games. Decided to take a mountain trip so Friday evening about 7:30 I'll be tuning in to 1170to hear the game. I'll be listening on top of White Oak Mountain .incude fly there will be a game betweenPolk County and Chase going in about 2,000 feet below us
Go DarkHorses!

Weather wise we should be good for Kickoff suppose to rain early in the afternoon so the field will be wet but besides that should be full go.....of course weather changes at the drop of a dime so......field conditions could play a part in gameplan for Clinton

Well im hoping the game tomorrow night doesnt play out like the JV game did....Clinton JV led 7-0 at halftime and looks like in the 2nd half may have ran out of steam....pretty sure depth played a part as they fell 28-7

Yes, one starting linemen will be out with injury I believe. Otherwise, everyone will play. Hearing great things about the corner we got from Jk, and we will have Zion playing also and AJ Williamson.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT