ADVERTISEMENT

Clinton recruiting news

Darkhorse#34

Jul 30, 2006
Clinton Senior ATH Tyion Wright #5 received his first offer today from Shaw University.....watched him play since his freshman year young man was probably the best athlete on the team did so much for the team played QB,RB,and DB along with returning punts and kickoffs.....this is well deserved and i think others will start to offer aswell....Congrats Tyion

Clinton RB Ryheem Skinner selected to play in the East vs West all star game this summer......still no word on offers for him but this us a honor congrats to him well deserved

Clinton all conference linebacker Mike Kramer #44 received a offer from Fayetteville State.....good to finally see some offers coming in for these kids they deserve it

Clinton RB Ryheem Skinner selected to play in the East vs West all star game this summer......still no word on offers for him but this us a honor congrats to him well deserved
Has Skinner lost any speed of power from his junior season? How's his grades and attitude? Someone is going to give him a shot by April or he could go the JUCO route and then get a big D1 offer like a lot of kids does now.

Has Skinner lost any speed of power from his junior season? How's his grades and attitude? Someone is going to give him a shot by April or he could go the JUCO route and then get a big D1 offer like a lot of kids does now.

Grades were a issue but he was eligible as if August according to Coaches....speed wise has not lost a step and added about 10 pounds was 195 his junior year was listed at 205 this past year.....yes i believe a D2 scholarship offer will be coming in any day now things have started to pick uo for his teammates aswell

Grades were a issue but he was eligible as if August according to Coaches....speed wise has not lost a step and added about 10 pounds was 195 his junior year was listed at 205 this past year.....yes i believe a D2 scholarship offer will be coming in any day now things have started to pick uo for his teammates aswell
He should go to a good JUCO school or try a good Prep school like Hargrave or Georgia Military Academy. Has is coach been contacting schools for him that he has a relationship with? Did he receive any feel or look in his sophomore or junior year? There is a good JUCO in Hempstead,NY. Nassau Community College that send a lot of there kids to D1 schools all the time a good academic program and I know the coach will take him right now and he wouldn't have to pay for anything out of his pocket.

Reactions: Darkhorse#34
Go the JUCO route because he's a D1 player and he will get a chance to go D1 rather than go some place and not be happy.

Mike Kramer Clinton all conference LB signed his NLI with Fayetteville State earlier today congrats to that young man and his family it was a pleasure watching him play this year ill definitely be keeping up with him thru his colliegte career.....congrats again well deserved

From what I hear, all speculation, but compared to his Sophmore year Ryheem has got slower, bigger, but slower. Sophomore year film he could hardly be tackled. Either he ran over you, or by you, or just juked or bounced off of u, he was awesome. He had tons of break away runs and not once that I can remember was he tackled 1 on 1 or tackled from behind. Junior year was similar, looked a little bigger, slightly slower, not as many long runs, a few tackles from behind but still good old Ryheem. Senior year (this season), bigger, slower, tackled from behind a lot, tackled one on one a lot, no breakaway runs. Because more of a bruiser kind of back. I hear best 40 time was in the 4.7 range sophomore year was 4.5. He has skill. Numbers back that up, and he is a great kid with a great attitude, but from what I hear he isn't being looked at for a RB and he is a tweener on size (height wise) for a Lb. wish him well, but who knows. Hey if NiC Cooper can set all kinds of school records, run a 4.9, then get WSSU to give him a shot, then he set records there, Ryheem can too. He just needs 1 opportunity. But as for now, it's all crickets on the recruiting trail.

From what I hear, all speculation, but compared to his Sophmore year Ryheem has got slower, bigger, but slower. Sophomore year film he could hardly be tackled. Either he ran over you, or by you, or just juked or bounced off of u, he was awesome. He had tons of break away runs and not once that I can remember was he tackled 1 on 1 or tackled from behind. Junior year was similar, looked a little bigger, slightly slower, not as many long runs, a few tackles from behind but still good old Ryheem. Senior year (this season), bigger, slower, tackled from behind a lot, tackled one on one a lot, no breakaway runs. Because more of a bruiser kind of back. I hear best 40 time was in the 4.7 range sophomore year was 4.5. He has skill. Numbers back that up, and he is a great kid with a great attitude, but from what I hear he isn't being looked at for a RB and he is a tweener on size (height wise) for a Lb. wish him well, but who knows. Hey if NiC Cooper can set all kinds of school records, run a 4.9, then get WSSU to give him a shot, then he set records there, Ryheem can too. He just needs 1 opportunity. But as for now, it's all crickets on the recruiting trail.

He did have some long ones(Hoggard,Pender,Wallace game) of course nothing like his sophomore year but that year he had probably his best o line and was the best and sometimes only offensive weapon he had to share the pigskin alot this year.......just needs a chance maybe junior college like Louisberg......someone will give him a shot

Trust me DH34 I'm pulling for him. He will go down as 1 of the best backs ever to play at Clinton.

Any word on Prentice Murphy,Isiash Page,Frank Nelson or Joel Jones??? Those are the other guys i expected to be playing football at the next level Juco D2 or D3 atleast

Hey, where is Nic Cooper is he coaching or what? I saw him play at WSSU and he did look good in college. Hey tell Ryheem to get in touch with coach Wilson at Elizabeth City State University because he said he would love to have him come visit the school. Although ECSU is D2 coach Wilson has the program going in the right direction upgrading the schedule because he use to coach in D1AA plus he getting more kids from NC especially northeastern NC. Also for you that has some hesitation about ECSU they has one of the top core academic in the UNC college system and this include UNC at Chapel Hill and all it other UNC colleges. It has a good program for kids that want to be a pilot of work in that field and partner with Liberty University who has the program also some time Liberty University students fly planes and land at the Coast Guard Base in Elizabeth City. ECSU will be good for Skinner because their main RB was a freshman from Suffolk,Va..

If you know Coach Wilson have him get in touch with Coach Bob Lewis at Clinton high school in regards to Ryheem

Tyion Wright received another offer today from Elizabeth City State Congrats to him

Have not heard anything else about Skinner.....he is playing in the East-West Football hopefully a good showing in that will field some last minute interest if he hasn't signed with a JUCO by then.......JUCO seems to be his best option at this point....do that for two years handle business in the classroom first then on the field and bigger schools may come a calling

Derek Bryant who played for Clinton up until his senior year before transferring to Harrells Christian Academy signed to play football at Clinton Junior College Rock Hill SC congrats to him.....he was #40 for Clinton year before last played DB and RB

Extremely Happy to announce Ryheem Skinner has received a offer from Saint Augustine University.....congrats to him well deserved and now maybe other offers may come rolling in....gotta be a huge weight off that young mans shoulders

JUCO and he will get his shot, Marcelias Sutton from JK is living proof

He already received his first offer the other day from Saint Augustine University think with one under his belt others will follow and if not atleast he has one.....im sure he will reward Saint Aug for giving him a chance

Reactions: Jsimmons63
Today 4 Dark Horse football players signed letters of intent

Pentrice Murphy DE/TE signed with Louisburg College

Isiash Page LB/RB signed with Saint Andrews University

Aaron Highsmith LB/G signed with Greensboro College

Ryheem Skinner RB/LB signed with Allan Hancock College in California

Today 4 Dark Horse football players signed letters of intent

Pentrice Murphy DE/TE signed with Louisburg College

Isiash Page LB/RB signed with Saint Andrews University

Aaron Highsmith LB/G signed with Greensboro College

Ryheem Skinner RB/LB signed with Allan Hancock College in California

So all in all we had those guys plus Mike Kramer signed with Fayetteville State, any word on Tyion?

So all in all we had those guys plus Mike Kramer signed with Fayetteville State, any word on Tyion?

Tyion has known offers from Shaw University and Elizabeth City State my guess is maybe he is waiting to hear back from another school

Tyion has known offers from Shaw University and Elizabeth City State my guess is maybe he is waiting to hear back from another school
Coach Wilson at Elizabeth City State University said he was interested in Skinner also I don't know what going on but the coaching staff at Clinton should know what the colleges coaches and recruiters are telling them about Skinner.

Coach Wilson at Elizabeth City State University said he was interested in Skinner also I don't know what going on but the coaching staff at Clinton should know what the colleges coaches and recruiters are telling them about Skinner.

Well for Skinner i think it came down to academics.....he is going to a Junior College in California he will have a chance to play football and most importantly improve academically....if he does after 2 years he could earn a D1 or D2 scholarship......i checked the Allan Hancock website they get alot of athletes to bigger schools i think he is in a good situation but ultimately its up to him

Although you think you do, you have no idea what you're talking about.

Although you think you do, you have no idea what you're talking about.
Did you talk to coach Wilson at Elizabeth City State University? Well I did. Thanks and have a bless and less stressful day. Peace i'm out.

Talked with Skinners mom yesterday, she said he is excited about going to California, she is nervous like all moms, but states this was the best situation they felt for Ryheem and the plan is to transfer eventually to a D1 school.

Talked with Skinners mom yesterday, she said he is excited about going to California, she is nervous like all moms, but states this was the best situation they felt for Ryheem and the plan is to transfer eventually to a D1 school.

Yes sir, nothing wrong with going the JUCO route and like i said looking at the schools website they get alot of kids to D1 D2 programs

Yes sir, nothing wrong with going the JUCO route and like i said looking at the schools website they get alot of kids to D1 D2 programs
Since you spoke to Skinner Mom, ask her if he could get into Fayetteville along with his teammate will he go? Thanks.

Good that the young man is excited. Hopefully, he remains that way, once he actually gets there. One concern I have for young men from small towns like Clinton, Shelby, etc, they tend to have small town mentalities and are real family oriented, they tend to struggle that far from home, and next thing you know, you're seeing them at ballgames, back home, on Friday nights. Takes a great deal of maturity to pull this off. It would be challenging for most people.

Last edited:
Since you spoke to Skinner Mom, ask her if he could get into Fayetteville along with his teammate will he go? Thanks.

I think he is fine with his decision....like DH04 said he is excited he had a scholarship offer from Saint Aug and he still chose Allan Hancock over them so it must be something very appealing about the program to him

Good that the young man is excited. Hopefully, he remains that way, once he actually gets there. One concern I have for young men from small towns like Clinton, Shelby, etc, they tend to have small town mentalities and are real family oriented, they tend to struggle that far from home, and next thing you know, you're seeing them at ballgames, back home, on Friday nights. Takes a great deal of maturity to pull this off. It would be challenging for most people.

It can work both ways just depends in the individual and the people he has around him.....i seen guys with talent stay close to home and end up being a distracted or getting sucked back in by some BS.....sometimes its good to get away.....example what happened with the Glaspie kid from Wallace Rose-Hill full athletic scholarship to play RB at ECU.....dont know the full story but he back home now last i heard

Reactions: Lion Attack
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT