ADVERTISEMENT

Clinton @ Northside-Jacksonville WK 4

Darkhorse#34

Jul 30, 2006
Man i swear these two weeks felt longer than the whole offseason 😫.....Finally this upcoming Friday the Horses will be back in action unfortunately we missed out on the Wallace and EE Smith games neither will be rescheduled also i hear we are not looking to pick up a game on our open week 10/15 how true that is idk i would hope especially with the scheduling carousel that we would be open to picking up a 9th game if the opportunity arises.....anyway back to the game

Clinton travels to Jacksonville to take on a old foe Northside-Jacksonville. These two have had some good ones dating back to our ECC days in the mid 2000's. We have had some battles with the Monarchs from those Eastern Regional Championship games in 2005 and 2006 to the most recent classic that 2016 2AA 3rd round game. We continue to hook up in these non conf games Northside may not fall into the traditional rivalry category but i consider this a rivalry game nonetheless they like to beat us and vice versa. During the Spring Clinton defeated the Monarchs 42-21. Clinton has won 4 of the last 6 against Northside.

Northside currently 0-2 with loses to a pair of Wilmington schools Hoggard(28-0) and New Hanover(34-7) they are slated to play St. Pauls Monday so it will be a short week of prep for them. I expect the usual Monarch team balanced offensive attack with some good size and athletes set the record aside i expext them to play us hard.

For Clinton its almost like starting the season over again our last game action was week 1 a 41-6 victory over Goldsboro. Now we have to shake off the rust. I expect Johnson and company to be tough this week in practice getting the kids back in a routine after being apart for so long. I saw alot of good things that first game hope we can get right back to that this week. I know the kids are itching to play.

Ill be keeping my eye on the Northside vs St Pauls game Monday. For right now my score prediction is Clinton 35 Northside 7

Shouldn't be much problem for Clinton. Northside just not want they were at one time. Just hope you get to play.

Reactions: Darkhorse#34
St Pauls defeated Northside-Jacksonville this morning 51-13 sending the Monarchs to a 0-3 record now a they have a quick turnaround to play us on Friday. Not overlooking anyone bit this definitely doesnt seem like your typical Northside team. I still expect them to play hard backs against the wall now. Any given Friday better bring your A game.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Clinton has played in 2 weeks, may take a half to wear off some rust.

Clinton has played in 2 weeks, may take a half to wear off some rust.
St Pauls was in a similar position didnt take them long to get rolling. I like what their coach said. The kids now know that this game could be their last and they played with fire and a extreme sense of urgency cause next Friday's game isnt promised.

Congrats to the JV on a win over Northside tonight 14-2. Great to ses majority of those freshmen been 2 years since they played a live game with middle school football not happening last fall.

Definitely had some rust alot of penalties and inconsistencies guess that was expected team recovered nicely and defense has been solid outside of 2 plays. Would like to see the team settle in more in the 2nd half you started to see it towards the end of the half.

Reactions: UNC91
Well alil rough around the edges tonight but team has been together what 4-5 days in the last 2 weeks so definitely not complaining. Curious to know the penalty yardage cause man that side judge did not like us lol. Even with all that still winning 47-14. Just happy to see the team playing again. Now that rust is shaken off its time for conference play. Went 1-0 for the week now its off to Fairmont.

Well alil rough around the edges tonight but team has been together what 4-5 days in the last 2 weeks so definitely not complaining. Curious to know the penalty yardage cause man that side judge did not like us lol. Even with all that still winning 47-14. Just happy to see the team playing again. Now that rust is shaken off its time for conference play. Went 1-0 for the week now its off to Fairmont.
It's tough to come out of covid protocol and really play well. Congrats on the win.

At this point my only concern is we haven't been pushed yet beating a bad Goldsboro team and a mediocre Northside-Jacksonville team next week a 0-3 Fairmont team who still rebuilding wont really get pushed until Red Springs possibly and dont really know much about them only played 1 game so far. 3 game stretch of Red Springs,St. Pauls,and Midway is the toughest we get. Hate that we lost the Wallace game week 2 cause that would of gave us a good gage of where we are as a team. Still a possibility of scheduling a quality opponent week of Oct 15th.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT