ADVERTISEMENT

Clinton LB Mohamed Kaba

I agree. This hasn't even been their best team in recent years, but still on another level in the conference.

Only loses came from some big schools in Wilmington(Hoggard,Laney) a really good coastal team in Croatan and Semwansboro....think they have a chance to run the table like the boys did

I recently purchased a football stat notebook was thinking about learning how to record stats at the games i attend next season for basically my own personal information as Independent didnt really report stats last season nor were they posted on maxpreps im guessing for scouting reasons.....i sat beside some guys from Wallace at our East Duplin game a year ago and they were both keeping stats i think they worked for the Duplin times cant remember but something i kinda want to learn maybe Clinton will let me do it in the future
I think you can purchase some softmare for a tablet/pc/ to keep stats in most any sport. Would be much easier I imagine.

HOF Chipper Jones, former Atlanta Braves 3rd base/Lf, said when he was in school he played whatever sport that was in season.
And that's what should be done. When I was at Clinton in the early '90s, the best athletes(L.C. Stevens, Daryl Goodman, Bobby Hill,etc) played multiple sports. AAU, travel teams and things of that sort weren't even thought of. It is much easier in the 4A schools to concentrate on one sport, and more sports tend to be offered, but in smaller schools such as Clinton, there's a much smaller athletic pool to pull from.

NCHSAA decided at their meeting today to add a 5A class! Realignment work has been delayed for one year to get the bylaws changed to allow the NCHSAA to add the additional class.

Reactions: Wizard of the East
Will they still have split classifications?
Not sure yet. To me, the future 5A schools are the current 4AA schools. Most of the 5A schools, I think, will be concentrated in the Charlotte, Raleigh-Durham and Greensboro areas, with scattered 5A in other areas.

Im thinking Trenton Simpson to UNC and Kaba to either NC State or Clemson....Simpson and Kaba probably arguable 2 of the best LBs in the state would love to see UNC land both but i doubt it....ultimately i think Kaba chooses State

If thats the case then maybe it will be Clemson cause i dont see NC State in any new year 6 bowl games
I have to admit, this is fun hypothesizing where Kaba will go. Wherever he goes, I hope he first and foremost gets a great education, secondly, enjoying playing football.

I have to admit, this is fun hypothesizing where Kaba will go. Wherever he goes, I hope he first and foremost gets a great education, secondly, enjoying playing football.

True story.....i was just trying to decipher the whole he is going to play for a winner statement by Wiz cause i wouldnt really describe NC State as a winner either every ACC school is playing long 2nd fidle to Clemson right now and thats not changing anytime soon it looks like.....i believe Coach Brown is starting a foundation to something very special in Chapel Hill and if this current trend continues 1-3 years from now i can see them making a push for a conference title and even a Playoff berth....Fedora and Davis never had a recruitment cycle like what your seeing at UNC right now...up to what #6 or #7 right now just behind Clemson the traditional SEC powers and Ohio State......but all that aside the school that lands Kaba whatever school it may be will be a winner because they just got a outstanding player and young man

Reactions: FOOTBALLFANTIC
True story.....i was just trying to decipher the whole he is going to play for a winner statement by Wiz cause i wouldnt really describe NC State as a winner either every ACC school is playing long 2nd fidle to Clemson right now and thats not changing anytime soon it looks like.....i believe Coach Brown is starting a foundation to something very special in Chapel Hill and if this current trend continues 1-3 years from now i can see them making a push for a conference title and even a Playoff berth....Fedora and Davis never had a recruitment cycle like what your seeing at UNC right now...up to what #6 or #7 right now just behind Clemson the traditional SEC powers and Ohio State......but all that aside the school that lands Kaba whatever school it may be will be a winner because they just got a outstanding player and young man
The logical side of me says he is going to Clemson, but my heart thinks he will go to State to stay close to home.

Reactions: Wizard of the East
34 , your NC State hatred and UNC bias are showing. I didn't say national champion or conference champion, I said winner; State's won 9 games the past 2 seasons, should have been 10 or 11; averaged 8 wins past 5 seasons. 7.3 wins the past 10 seasons. I call that winning. Won 8 of last 11 bowl games. I also said Kaba could play for a national champion in Clemson. Hope you don't get your hopes up too high on Mack and may I remind you that recruiting job of Davis turned out how? Most of the heavyweights either quit, were suspended with the team going on probation. If that's the way you get it that's something to be proud of, isn't it?

Reactions: SWO-WA
34 , your NC State hatred and UNC bias are showing. I didn't say national champion or conference champion, I said winner; State's won 9 games the past 2 seasons, should have been 10 or 11; averaged 8 wins past 5 seasons. 7.3 wins the past 10 seasons. I call that winning. Won 8 of last 11 bowl games. I also said Kaba could play for a national champion in Clemson. Hope you don't get your hopes up too high on Mack and may I remind you that recruiting job of Davis turned out how? Most of the heavyweights either quit, were suspended with the team going on probation. If that's the way you get it that's something to be proud of, isn't it?
Well, to be honest, one has nothing to do with the other.

Not sure how im a NC state hater and bias to UNC when i root for Ohio State in football

34."i wouldnt really describe NC State as a winner"

And i stand by that statement doesnt make me a hater i pretty sure ever top college football analyst would think the samething....last conference championship was when?....national championships???.....new years 6 bowl appearance????......ok 9 wins (start the slow clap) if thats your definition of a "winner" ok your welcome to your opinion

I think of winners i think of the top programs Clemson,Alabama, Oklahoma, Notre Dame(Except in big bowl games lol) Ohio State,Michigan, Georgia etc etc......i dont think NC State even comes close compared to those "winners"

I’ll give State credit for hiring a good football coach. They have recruited well the past few years, especially during the years UNC had recruiting handcuffs. But a look at their non-conference schedule sheds some light on that gaudy number of wins each year. Just like in basketball, State’s m.o. has been to load up on patsies to get their fan base’s hopes up, only to see it cost them by season’s end.
My Tarheels don’t have a lot to brag about the last few years in football, and that may not change with Mack’s return. That doesn’t change the fact that Clemson has had the only sustained success in the ACC in the past decade. No other program can really claim that “winner” mantle until we recruit and win on a national level.

Reactions: 7heels
But im not going to hijack the thread any further Kaba decision comes in a few days and whoever he picks gets a great player,student,and young man ill continue to follow his career and support aswell

Reactions: ocdavis31
But im not going to hijack the thread any further Kaba decision comes in a few days and whoever he picks gets a great player,student,and young man ill continue to follow his career and support aswell
You're right! Wherever he goes, the community needs to get behind him and support him as much as possible. Even though he didn't grow up in Clinton and Sampson county, we can still think of him as one of our own.

You're right! Wherever he goes, the community needs to get behind him and support him as much as possible. Even though he didn't grow up in Clinton and Sampson county, we can still think of him as one of our own.

Aye once you put on that black and gold its for life....doesnt matter if its for one game or 4 years you're a Darkhorse

I’ll give State credit for hiring a good football coach. They have recruited well the past few years, especially during the years UNC had recruiting handcuffs. But a look at their non-conference schedule sheds some light on that gaudy number of wins each year. Just like in basketball, State’s m.o. has been to load up on patsies to get their fan base’s hopes up, only to see it cost them by season’s end.
My Tarheels don’t have a lot to brag about the last few years in football, and that may not change with Mack’s return. That doesn’t change the fact that Clemson has had the only sustained success in the ACC in the past decade. No other program can really claim that “winner” mantle until we recruit and win on a national level.

I thought maybe when he used the word "Winner" he was referring to in the classroom getting a real education. Going out and getting involved in community activities and visiting kids in hospitals. Having a great opportunity to make it to the NFL. I would call that a winner.

And your Carolina Hatred and state bias is never on display, is it wiz.

winner can mean a lot of things; 34 tried to define it characterizing State and not being one. I didn't say conference champion, national champion, or anything like that. 34, and when exactly did the team you seem to favor UNC win a conference championship (what decade) national championship; New Years Day game??? Right not anytime maybe in your lifetime. I simply said I thought Kaba will play for a winner and he will educationally and athletically.

Reactions: PackHorses
And your Carolina Hatred and state bias is never on display, is it wiz.
hey, I freely admit I don't like Carolina and like anyone I'm biased to the team I pull for.
I just think at this time and for the past 10 years, State's program has been much better that Carolina's. The NFL must think so. I'd characterize their football program as a winner. I don't have the lofty championship expectations of a winner that 34 has. Hey, a team that graduates their players is a winner! I program that plays by the rules is a winner. So forth and so on.

ocdavis31; have you taken not of your UNC teams non-conference record as well. And State plays in the Atlantic Division of the conference, generally, consider the toughest conference division in college football. Not the weak coast. Think not/ would you like to switch?. With the Atlantic division, you need non-conference patsies or two. EVERBODY does it including Bama! I'm talking about football where the program is built, not basketball where they're building one. With Mack building, the program may they need to play FSU and Clemson every year along with a Louisville, Syracuse of BC. Raid their competitiveness a little.
This will be my last post on this thread as I too hope he will sign with the best program he sees fit to and yes we'll support he and any other DarkHorse wherever they play.

Not sure how im a NC state hater and bias to UNC when i root for Ohio State in football

Have you ever been there for a game? I went back around 03 when NC State played there. Best college game experience I have ever had. I have a good friend in Columbus. It's past time I go again.
Just a tad over an hour before Kaba announced. While I hope it's State goodluck to him wherever he chooses.

What time is he supposed to be making his announcement? And I'm sure it will take the Sampson Independent 3-4 days to place his announcement in the paper LOL!

South Carolina gets Kaba!!! Wow congrats to him and his family extremely blessed looking forward to watching him this year

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT