ADVERTISEMENT

Clinton High New Head Coach

Posted some articles on the Clinton facebook page seems like the guys are really working hard this summer.....summer workouts going 4 days a week in the morning with good numbers it looks like

Well found out some new info...Junior Jahiem Faison will be ineligible due to grades...and a rumor floating about junior Camron Armwood transferring to South View...not set in stone bout Armwood being gone but if its true definitely hurts i had big expectations for both rising juniors

So if Armwood does transfer i think our ability to play some skill guys one way severely diminishes.....now it does open the door for Juniors J'Dques Wallace and Ja'Melle Williams to compete for starting spots in the backfield.......i originally thought with all the skill guys we had returning maybe only one or two would have to play both ways

It seems like every time Clinton seems to have pieces in place, something like this happens...someone transfers, or grades. Got to get better!

It seems like every time Clinton seems to have pieces in place, something like this happens...someone transfers, or grades. Got to get better!

Well i was told that Armwood transferring is still just a rumor but this info is coming from a pretty reliable source soo but its a chanve its false and he stays...and Faison not being eligible just one of those things that happen...student-athlete kids forget student comes first

Kinda curious im wondering will the first day of practice be open to the public....and just wondering because of a situation between the new staff and some former players working out....something i never heard of before...atleast not at Clinton

Heard Armwood would be ineligible because of grades also, which is main reason I heard he was considering of transferring. Either way it seems he won’t be on the field for the horses in the fall.

Reactions: Darkhorse#34
Well like i said others will have to step and i think others will....looking at some of the highlights J'Dqaues Wallace and Ja Melle Williams were pretty dang good on that JV team aswell also still have senior Mclellan who has great speed....i expect Evans and big Smith to be the bell cows....Not having Armwood and Faison hurts in the depth department like i mention in comment above we wouldnt have to play many skill guys both ways

Smith has to stay healthy this year; missed several big games last year due to injury. But you're right, this is when other players should step up, you never know, there could be a diamond in the rough.

Reactions: Darkhorse#34
Smith has to stay healthy this year; missed several big games last year due to injury. But you're right, this is when other players should step up, you never know, there could be a diamond in the rough.

And stay out of trouble...hopefully he has learned from past mistakes

These guys have to realize when they get in trouble and cannot play, they're not just hurting themselves, they're hurting the team.

Told us he was going to run Carson-Newman's (opponent he played against in college while he played defense for Catawba) twin back veer triple option. Primarily run first but expect to throw it about 15 times a game and every game will include one trick play. This is contingent on his being able to find a qb, but this was over a month ago, and they have been in spring training and may have changed due to personnel.
Throwing about 15 times a game will definitely be a change for Dark Horse football, although the last time I can remember throwing that much was when Stephen Horne was QB. If I'm not mistaken, he threw for well over 1,000 yards in one season, which is saying something for Clinton!

I wonder if Coach Johnson lifts weights with the team. He was the strength coach also at Scotland; nothing would inspire the players more than to see the coach lifting right along with them.

I wonder if Coach Johnson lifts weights with the team. He was the strength coach also at Scotland; nothing would inspire the players more than to see the coach lifting right along with them.

Just rode past the school i was confused for a second cause it was so many cars parked out there and the field was full of kids...and this was just for a summer workout lol....looked like the first day of practice lol....looks like our numbers could be up not sure if that was varsity guys and jv guys out there.....looking forward to seeing the turnout Monday

Just rode past the school i was confused for a second cause it was so many cars parked out there and the field was full of kids...and this was just for a summer workout lol....looked like the first day of practice lol....looks like our numbers could be up not sure if that was varsity guys and jv guys out there.....looking forward to seeing the turnout Monday
Let us know how practice goes, if you're able to watch!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT