ADVERTISEMENT

Clinton found a game *Updated*

Darkhorse04

Dec 5, 2006
Clinton needs a Home game for week 3 Sept. 4th or week 6 Sept 25th.

The game must be at Clinton as we only have 4 current home games.

Please contact AD Brad Spell at

bspell@clinton.k12.nc.us

Last edited:
It wouldnt be that long of a drive, 2 1/2 hours may sooner depending on traffic and how fast you drive. I wouldn't go by way of Raleigh
That would make an excellent endowment game.

Reactions: FOOTBALLFANTIC
I mean we did travel 3 hours to Concord last season so why not try and make a trip to Reidsville we more than likely get the snot beat out of us lol but hey you never know.....i think we will be solid next year hard to say if we will be on the same level as this past season but never know

I mean we did travel 3 hours to Concord last season so why not try and make a trip to Reidsville we more than likely get the snot beat out of us lol but hey you never know.....i think we will be solid next year hard to say if we will be on the same level as this past season but never know
It would be cool to have Reidsville for a home and home series. To be the best you've got to beat the best.

They won 6 NCISAA titles in the last 8 years we gonna have our hands full with that one

I think their QB passed for like 400/game last year. Definitely an offense no one around here has seen.

Last edited:
I think their QB passed for like 400/game last year. Definitely and offense no one around here has seen.
Yeah, teams from the Triangle west just air it out more. I stay near Panther Creek High and their QB would easily throw for 200-300/game. I don't think we necessarily need that at Clinton, but we do need to mix it up more. It seems like Coach Johnson is moving towards that direction.

Yeah, teams from the Triangle west just air it out more. I stay near Panther Creek High and their QB would easily throw for 200-300/game. I don't think we necessarily need that at Clinton, but we do need to mix it up more. It seems like Coach Johnson is moving towards that direction.

Have to find a QB who can, I think we have options but when u are gonna pass you have to practice footwork, technique, release etc.

Coach Johnson knows what he is doing.

Have to find a QB who can, I think we have options but when u are gonna pass you have to practice footwork, technique, release etc.

Coach Johnson knows what he is doing.
No doubt he knows what he's doing, it's just a process. Many teams up here don't have a running game anywhere near what Clinton has. I've talked to Coach Crocker at Panther Creek and he wishes he had 1/10 of Clinton's running game lol!

Reactions: Darkhorse#34
Tough opponent indeed, Clinton guys. Your secondary will be tested, very interesting matchup.

Last edited:
i have a feeling we will do something good next season. Rams may be rebuilding that year though.
On another note, bro, don't want to hijack the Darkhorses’ thread any further, but big day for us the 22nd. Should be a good one.#thebronzebomber

Reactions: kenan98
That’s a pretty bold choice. Hats off to the Darkhorses for picking a tough team.

Last edited:
That’s a pretty bold choice. Hats off to the Darkhorses for picking a tough team.

They didn't have much choice, they called over 60 schools. Either timing didn't work, or team didn't want to play Clinton, or logistics didn't make sense etc etc.

Should be a fun matchup, but a long drive for CC.

They didn't have much choice, they called over 60 schools. Either timing didn't work, or team didn't want to play Clinton, or logistics didn't make sense etc etc.

Should be a fun matchup, but a long drive for CC.

Hate to see teams have to travel so far, that’s got to be close to 200 miles, but it must be exciting to play someone from so far away.
Perhaps if it’s extended the Clinton kids could enjoy a trip to Charlotte, next year, and maybe a tour of Bank of America Stadium and possibly meet a couple of the Panthers.
I know Charlotte Christian will leave with much respect for the Darkhorses’ program and the Clinton community’s love for football.

Clinton will also once again participate in the Cumberland County Jamboree we will scrimmage against Pine Forest at 8pm Aug 13th at South View

Reactions: kenan98 and UNC91
Please keep Clinton high school community,school,coaching staff and team in your thoughts and prayers as we lost #42 Jaheim Currie Friday night to a senseless act of violence. May that young man RIP extremely sad situation

Last edited:
Reactions: kenan98
Im guessing the Charlotte Christian game fell thru didnt see it listed on the schedule posted on Maxpreps or in the article on highschoolot nor was it mentioned during the interview with Coach Johnson.

Im guessing the Charlotte Christian game fell thru didnt see it listed on the schedule posted on Maxpreps or in the article on highschoolot nor was it mentioned during the interview with Coach Johnson.

Game still on. Saw AD B. Spell earlier today and that game came up. Not sure why it’s not listed but unless Covid-19 cancels it, both schools are set to play it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT