ADVERTISEMENT

Clinton Football Schedule

Darkhorse04

Dec 5, 2006
Thursday Feb. 18th Scrimmage vs East Bladen (Home)

Friday Feb. 26th vs Anson County (Away)

Friday March 5th vs Northside Jax (Home)

Friday March 12th vs Goldsboro (Away)

Friday March 19th vs Midway (Home)

Friday March 26th vs East Duplin (Away)

*Seating capacity for CHS home games has not been determined yet*
*All ticket sales will be sold online and phones will have to present E-ticket for games* (No ticket purchase at games, No cash, Once tickets sold out, no more will be sold)

IF anyone has any questions, I will try and get an answer if I don't know it already. Thanks. Go Horses!

Last edited:
Reactions: UNC91
Not having any one of those 3 in the playoffs aint right. Since we wont have any say in it due to conference only games for us will be rooting for ?????. Am sure 2 of the 3 will be in it. Guess I will have to go with WRH and Clinton, 2A of course.

Reactions: Wizard of the East
So supposedly a conference with only 6 teams should only get 1 bid with this because spring creek is independent in Football we because of Covid should only get 1 team. But I think we pleaded with spring creek to play 2 games this season in order for us to get 2 teams in. If you win you pool, your in.

Clinton
Goldsboro
East Duplin

WRH
JK
Midway

The two teams with best record in their pools will get in and Spring creek will play the two worst teams.

* I THINK, that is the jist of it*

Ha what in the world is this bs. Who made this up? Seems like something three teenage boys would make up. Sounds completely terrible for football season. Hope this isn't the new norm. Cash isn't good in the country anymore. All tickets sold online hahhahahah wow

Ha what in the world is this bs. Who made this up? Seems like something three teenage boys would make up. Sounds completely terrible for football season. Hope this isn't the new norm. Cash isn't good in the country anymore. All tickets sold online hahhahahah wow
Many venues operate like that now. Helps stay within capacity limits and avoids people driving long way and can’t get in. Grandfather Mountain does the same.

If SWO goes to fan limits and such I will send a cardboard cut out of me and someone please put it on the top row at SWO games .... 😎

Reactions: UNC91 and ocdavis31
Selling tickets this way is a good thing. Ticket sales will be done like this long after COVID is gone.

From what I hear, CHS is gonna try everyway possible to let people know in advance how to purchase the tickets and the new policy. But I think the first game there will be some exceptions since it is the first game but after that it will be strictly online tix only. There will be signs and fliers at the first game, along with it being online.

Looking forward to the season its gonna be alil different Friday nights lights in February. Really looking forward to the first game always fun playing someone new going a place we never been before(Anson County)

You know DH34, this year may be our most important broadcast year. Considering COVID and travel we may have more listeners than ever before. We better be on it! LoL

Reactions: Darkhorse#34
You know DH34, this year may be our most important broadcast year. Considering COVID and travel we may have more listeners than ever before. We better be on it! LoL
Like always people appreciate what you and Coach Davis do amd have been doing for years bring Darkhorse athletics to listeners.....like you said even more so this year.....Question will tickets be sold for individual games or are season passes available. And i also assume that players and cheerleaders parents/immediate family members would have preference before everyone else.

And is the East Duplin game away or home you posted away but maxpreps says home(i know maxpreps isnt always a reliable source) just wanted to be sure before i shared the schedule

And is the East Duplin game away or home you posted away but maxpreps says home(i know maxpreps isnt always a reliable source) just wanted to be sure before i shared the schedule

Per the Schedule I was given, it is away. Thanks for kind words by the way. Also heard that Clinton has partnered with a company that will provide live video for all home games with our live audio feed. So people can buy a subscription and watch all home football and basketball games live with our audio. I think soccer and volleyball will be available to just video though no commentary because we don’t broadcast those sports.....yet!

Live video is a nice addition ill definitely look into that moved to Fayetteville so im not 5 mins away from the school anymore so that could be useful especially for basketball games.

Live video is great. Wish other schools would do it ....SWO for sure. Here in Mo. Its allowed for all but championship games. Good luck with it and to Clinton. Hope to see ya in the playoffs.

What are the NCHSAA rules on live video? I was always under the impression that live audio is allowed, but that video has to be delayed. Are there special rules for this year?

If you are referring to the schedule and division of teams, how would you do it? Gonna penalize the other six teams in the conference because Spring Creek wanted to be an independent? I think they should have petitioned to play in SWOs league. Would have fit in with the Lejeune's , Dixon's and Pender's of the football world.

Conferences with six teams get one spot. Conferences with seven teams get two automatic spots. The ECC has seven teams in all other major sports but football. This format while unorthodox, is fair in that the conference gets two automatic spots.

The way I understand the set up is each team will play two non conference games, the other two teams in their pod and one team from the other pod the first five games of the year. Not sure who WRH is playing non-conference yet though I have heard Havelock is one. WRH will also play JK and Midway and will play ED.

From what I understand, the team with best record in one pod will play the #2 team from other pod in game #6. Those two winners will receive the two automatic spots for the playoffs and play each other in week #7 to decide conference champ and seeding. The two losers will play each other.

I have also seen where Albemarle and Terry Sanford are involved in some way thought I am not sure how. Spring Creek I think will play the #3 teams from each pod weeks #6 and #7......or something like that....I think

A question on Spring Creek. If they said they were independent this year how can they be counted as an ECC member ? Was it not official in that the association did not have to approve it ? Or can any team go independent, And then rejoin the conference at will ?

Not that it makes any difference to me, if it works then great.

If you are referring to the schedule and division of teams, how would you do it? Gonna penalize the other six teams in the conference because Spring Creek wanted to be an independent? I think they should have petitioned to play in SWOs league. Would have fit in with the Lejeune's , Dixon's and Pender's of the football world.

Conferences with six teams get one spot. Conferences with seven teams get two automatic spots. The ECC has seven teams in all other major sports but football. This format while unorthodox, is fair in that the conference gets two automatic spots.

The way I understand the set up is each team will play two non conference games, the other two teams in their pod and one team from the other pod the first five games of the year. Not sure who WRH is playing non-conference yet though I have heard Havelock is one. WRH will also play JK and Midway and will play ED.

From what I understand, the team with best record in one pod will play the #2 team from other pod in game #6. Those two winners will receive the two automatic spots for the playoffs and play each other in week #7 to decide conference champ and seeding. The two losers will play each other.

I have also seen where Albemarle and Terry Sanford are involved in some way thought I am not sure how. Spring Creek I think will play the #3 teams from each pod weeks #6 and #7......or something like that....I think

Did you just make that up? Sounds like something out of a board game.

There is a thread that gives more detail on how this all came together on this board. Go check it out.

A question on Spring Creek. If they said they were independent this year how can they be counted as an ECC member ? Was it not official in that the association did not have to approve it ? Or can any team go independent, And then rejoin the conference at will ?

Not that it makes any difference to me, if it works then great.
Spring Creek played as an independent last year and was prepared to do so again this year.

They never wanted to join the ECC due to what it would do to their very mediocre football program. This was the only way they felt they could even keep a varsity program going.

Another story on the Spring Creek situation. Apologize for hijacking the Clinton thread though all of these posts are somewhat related.

Not having any one of those 3 in the playoffs aint right. Since we wont have any say in it due to conference only games for us will be rooting for ?????. Am sure 2 of the 3 will be in it. Guess I will have to go with WRH and Clinton, 2A of course.
I believe you’d be correct SWO#1
Hows that team in Missouri your following; send us a link, it’s still a long time until the end of february

I believe you’d be correct SWO#1
Hows that team in Missouri your following; send us a link, it’s still a long time until the end of february

I know its a rough time for you Wizard, all the eastern NC fans, and everybody in NC. Sure hope HS football goes in Feb there. Here is the Maxpreps link for My Buffalo Bison. Sadly we dont have the coverage here like in NC. The Missouri Rivals site is a total waste. NCPreps and Diana and her crew do a GREAT JOB. There will be "Frost On The Punkin" with tonights last regular season game. The Bison have the points to get in the playoffs, only 32 teams for each class. We went out 2 games short of the title game last year to the eventual State Champs.

The short video clips are almost all of our QB #1 Jamen Smith and his Brother, #26 Jared Smith Running Back.

May have to go check out HCA to help feel the void of high school football.Jason Arnette has the Crusaders at 5-0 not sure how they match up with the private schools out in the Charlotte area but looking like it may be a special season out at HCA. The Gardner kid that gave us fits last year at WRH is having a helluva year

from what I've hear, about the only way we may get to see the Horses play may very well be on TV. Chances of getting a ticket in DarkHorse Stadium appear grim.
After 48 years of seeing almost everyone of the Horse's games I never dreamed anything like this could happen.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT