ADVERTISEMENT

Clinton @ Fairmont WK 5

Darkhorse#34

Jul 30, 2006
Darkhorses travel to Robeson County for SAC-7 conference opener vs 0-3 Fairmont Tornadoes. These two teams have history as members of the old Tri six conference 2000-2004. The teams last meeting came in the 1st round of 2019 2A playoffs a 35-6 win by Clinton.

Fairmont is coming in 0-3 loses to White Oak(38-14) Westover(42-12) and last Friday vs Lakeview SC(24-14) Fairmont is under the direction of 1st year head coach Lonnie Cox who came from Union Pines he is a Fairmont alum looking to turn the program back around and provide some stability. May be some familiarity between the 2 head coaches in this one as they both served on Scotland staff under Coach Richard Bailey. Looks like they will try and get the ball in the hands of their best athletes get em space to make plays. In 2015 when Cox served as offensive coordinator at Fairmont they had one of the most potent offenses in the area scoring a county record 562 points in 2015. The cupboard has been somewhat bare tho the past few seasons team hasnt had a winning record since 2016 and went 1-5 during the spring but i do expect them to play hard. Seems like they always have some great athletes round that way aswell most recent Jordan Waters(Duke WR/RB) and UCF LB Kadeem Leonard.

For Clinton came off quarantine and had a good showing in Jacksonville last Friday Night. Showed alil rust but that was expected now we are in conference play the 2nd season i expect to continue to try and get back in rhythm from the covid pause and clean up some of the lil miscues. Continue to love what i see from our young guys especially on the defensive side of the ball our key seniors Blake,Theo,Jakwon,Patrick etc have all been clutch and continue to perform. Conference play is a crucial time of season even more so this season where games arent guaranteed just wanna keep getting better each week. Just be 1-0 for the week.

As for this match up long as we dont beat ourselves we should handle this one. Reading some of what their coach talked about as far as his style and philosophy they will be well prepared and doesnt seem like the type of team you want to let hang around amd start believing they can play with. Lets handle business stay discipline execute get the starters some rest the 2's some PT and come out injury free with a "W"

My prediction Clinton 42 Fairmont 14

Last edited:
Reactions: Otis4411 and UNC91
Continue what ya been doin and you will be fine. Some great athletes at Clinton and a super coach. Love the defense.

Clinton in a solid win

I feel confident in a Clinton win, but we have to shore up our secondary since our league is mostly passing league (I thought I would never have to say that, hehe). I agree with 34's assessment.

I feel confident in a Clinton win, but we have to shore up our secondary since our league is mostly passing league (I thought I would never have to say that, hehe). I agree with 34's assessment.
Secondary is fine they just need to stop peaking in the backfield so much...i love that they are so ready to come up and get in on the run action but as a DB you cant forget your main responsibility.

Reactions: Otis4411
Last 5 meetings between these two

2001- Clinton 45 Fairmont 8
2002-Clinton 28 Fairmont 7
2003-Clinton 28 Fairmont 0
2004-Clinton 26 Fairmont 6
2019-Clinton 35 Fairmont 6

Looks like Clinton has their number .....and big numbers at that. They will be calling 911 by the second half.

Go Horses

Reactions: UNC91
It'll be worse i think
Coach doesnt normally like to run up the score if the game is well out of hand at halftime you wont even see the starters 2nd half so that why i doubt it gets much worse. I see a 42-6 or 48-14 type of game. Get the running clock and get out of there type of game.

Reactions: SWO-#1 and UNC91
Blake Smith to Patrick Morrissey 12 yard TD pass. 2 point conv no good. Clinton 20 Fairmont 0 8:07 in 1st

Blake Smith to Laden Pearson from about 24 yards out. 2 point conv good. Clinton 28 Fairmont 0 4:07 in 1st quarter

Blake Smith to Alex Evans for score. 2 point conv no good. Clinton 34 Fairmont 0 8:13 in 2nd

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT