ADVERTISEMENT

Clinton @ Edenton Holmes

This was posted by Admin on another prep site who i guess covers the Northeastern part of the state just alil more insight........

Here's a little bit about Edenton..... They are coached by 1st year coach Jimmy Collins, who had success up in Michigan. They run a T-formation on offense, and a 4-3 look on defense. They rarely throw the ball, but when they do, they have found success. QB Coston has thrown for over 1100 yards and 6 TDs. Much has been made of Edenton's three 1000 yard rushers. Each one has a different dynamic to him. RB Pierce has great agility and can reverse his weight and flow on a dime. He is currently being offered by Georgia Southern University. RB Beasly can flat out fly. At the shrine bowl combine earlier in the year, he ran a 4.5 40 yard dash. RB Dixon is the power guy, churning up yards between the tackles. Edenton as a team has rushed for over 4500 yards. The defense is anchored by DE Brownridge and MLB Williams. Williams has over 100 tackles this year and Brownridge has 11 sacks on the season. If there was a weakness to this team, it would be their pass defense. They have givin up some big plays in the air, but other than that, a very solid defense. They have a pretty solid kicker as well. K William High has a solid leg and pretty good accuracy. He's probably the best kicker in Northeast NC.Edenton has 2 losses on the year, a 3 point loss to Plymouth, and a 7 point loss to Northeastern, both on the road. In both losses, Edenton had the ball in their hands driving down for a score at the end of those games, but just couldn't get it done. This team is talented and well-coached. They are well diciplined as well. It's amazing that they have yet to be called for a blocking in the back penalty with all the cut-backs that their RBs do. I can't tell you how many times I've seen them run one way, and reverse field and find sucess running the other way. I think it's gonna be a great game, and I could definitely see this one coming down the wire. Clinton is tough, but I think Edenton can match their intensity.

I would drive up to see this one but I can't be in Wallace and Edenton at the same time think it's gonna be a great high school footballgame not to mention Whiteville and jk games what an incredible Friday lineup don't think I have ever wanted to see so many different games on one Friday and I forgot to mention swo game.

DarkHorse#34's repost of the summary of Edenton Holmes is pretty much spot on. I have seen film of a few of Clinton's games and the phrase mirror image comes to mind.

I saw in one thread where you guys had some complaints about the field at ER last week. We have a field that drains pretty well but it was underwater this afternoon with all of the rain we had. I hope it dries out in time for Friday night.

The field conditions at Eastern Randolph were terrible but both teams had to play on it and it didn't prevent us from scoring 38 points.

If the Clinton team I saw at Wallace shows up, its gonna be a long satisfying ride back to "high Sampson"....dont see anybody beating them

WRH is a top contender in 1AA, and they beat us like a rented mule

Hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving....Safe travels to all Clinton faithful making the trip up to Edenton.....Win,lose or draw guys hold your heads up Seniors leave it all on the field leave know doubt.....Make no mistake this will be a war..Clinton wants to get back to the Eastern finals amd once again claim their old.nickname as beast of the east....Edenton tryn to get to that same place and prove that Northeast NC football is not soft.....two very similar teams with the same goal in mind like i said this will be a war....hope for a good clean injury free game...GO HORSES!!!!!!!?

Article in Edenton paper Coach Collins said we will see how tough NCC football is tonight.......

I normally don't say things like this, but that conference IS weak. Holmes beat Pasquotank by 10. E.Randolph beat them by 44 and we beat E.Randolph by 20. I will just leave it at that.

I agree i think SW Edgecombe beats NE tonight...top to bottom the conference is weak

I've looked at film on Holmes. I don't think Clinton's D will have much of a problem stopping their backs, nor do I think their D can handle our offense tonight. I think Clinton wins 42-14.

I believe we can win i just dont see a blowout...think it stays close early due to both running offenses eating up clock Clinton defense and some good special teams plays help us pull away late....First down success will be key...turnovers and who can force them will determine alot...and when needed which team can complete the pass....Clinton's secondary has been a strength while most have said Holmes secondary gives up some big plays.....My final game day prediction is Clinton 24 Holmes 14 BE TOUGH BE A HORSE YEAH!!!!!!!!!

I tried to read the article in the local Edenton paper, but you have to subscribe to the online paper to read it, smh.

In Edenton...I saw the article in the Daily Advance. They are tired of being thought of being in a weak conference. The prediction is Holmes 26 Cinton 24. With three 1,000 yard rushers (Pierce, Beasley and Dixon)
Clinton D must come up BIG tonight and I believe they will. Clinton 28 Aces 14 Go Horses!!

Click listen live then talk/sports download the codec......Enjoy Darkhorse04 bringing you the play by play
This post was edited on 11/28 6:18 PM by Darkhorse#34

Broadcast link

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT