ADVERTISEMENT

Clinton @ Edenton Holmes

Darkhorse#34

Jul 30, 2006
Any thoughts or predictions.........its great to see the Horses back playing on Thanksgiving week and the sky is the limit for this group enjoy last nights win rest up come ready to work Monday you're that much closer to your goal GO HORSES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All I know is it is going to be a long ride. 167miles from Clinton. approx. 2hrs 46min per Google maps. Hope the boys will be focused after a long bus ride up. We got to limit the penalties, other than that I think our Defense will slow down or even stop just about anybody, so then it lies on how well we block up front to spring our RB's. Aaron has made some really nice throws the last few games, and I've said it all year long, if he can complete some passes it will loosen up that Defense so we can get even more running lanes. He did a good job last night, when his number was called to sling it.

Yes it will be a long ride added plus is atleast the guys dont have school that day but there is always the added distraction of the thanksgiving holiday Coach Lewis has tons experience and im sure he will have the guys focused and ready to go

yep we now get into the holiday mode of playoff football and as you said, Coach Lewis has tons of experience with that. There are some time honored traditions that also go along with playing on Thanksgiving Friday!
smile.r191677.gif

I don't know whether you've seen the Aces play this year but their defense is just as good as Clinton and your qb might not have the time to complete all those passes you are wishing for. I haven't seen a defense yet including Northeastern that can stop the Aces rushing attack so I wish you guys luck trying to stop the running game. I'm going to say this during training camp at the Tarboro jamboree of all the teams that participated from all classification including 4A J.H. Rose they were the only team that was able to score a td against Edenton and that was against a blown coverage in the secondary at that jamboree Edenton knew they were going to have an outstanding defense this season and it proven to be true. See you guys on Friday.

"Passes you are wishing for" apparently you don't know anything about Clinton football!
"defense is just as good as Clinton" , well your statement is understandably correct in your statement, "I haven't seen a defense yet" You're making that statement not having seen Clinton.
Looking forward to the game. Good luck
3dsmile.r191677.gif

I see two L's so apparently it can be done...Lane67 lets stop talking like teams are unbeatable this is the 3rd round and everyone is good but if thats how you feel we will "mark it down" like Maddox#1 said last week and see how well that worked out

All I said in regards to us passing, is that I think our QB has done a good job in sling it, when asked to. We don't throw it much but we don't have too. But to complete a pass or 2 will make a defense think a little more than if it is apparent that we can't. So if Aaron can complete a pass or 2 then maybe you wont pack the box with 10 guys like most teams, and even if you do ask the rest of the teams we have played that put 11 guys within 5 yards of the LOS how that worked out for them this year. Looking forward to the game. Best of Luck to both teams. It should be fun.

Lane67, its obvious you know nothing about Clinton football. Clinton wishing for passes? Are you kidding. How many times have you seen Clinton play this year. How can you even compare Holmes defense to Clintons defense. Northeastern couldnt stop your the Aces rushing attack? What? Didnt Holmes lose to Northeastern? I would say thats called stopping your rushing attack. You would think by your statement about J H Rose that Holmes has not been scored on all year The scores of their games say different. Looks like Pasquotank scored on that Holmes defense 3 weeks ago. Eastern Randolph destroyed them last week. What happened in a jamboree scrimmage 15 weeks ago is not revelant to this coming Friday night. Not sure what you are basing your comments on at all. Holmes just might beat Clinton but I got a feeling those folks up there have not seen a team up there like the Dark Horses. We will see.

Originally posted by Horse Fly:
Lane67, its obvious you know nothing about Clinton football. Clinton wishing for passes? Are you kidding. How many times have you seen Clinton play this year. How can you even compare Holmes defense to Clintons defense. Northeastern couldnt stop your the Aces rushing attack? What? Didnt Holmes lose to Northeastern? I would say thats called stopping your rushing attack. You would think by your statement about J H Rose that Holmes has not been scored on all year The scores of their games say different. Looks like Pasquotank scored on that Holmes defense 3 weeks ago. Eastern Randolph destroyed them last week. What happened in a jamboree scrimmage 15 weeks ago is not revelant to this coming Friday night. Not sure what you are basing your comments on at all. Holmes just might beat Clinton but I got a feeling those folks up there have not seen a team up there like the Dark Horses. We will see.
+1000000000000000000000000000000
3dgrin.r191677.gif

Originally posted by Wizard of the East:
yep we now get into the holiday mode of playoff football and as you said, Coach Lewis has tons of experience with that. There are some time honored traditions that also go along with playing on Thanksgiving Friday!
smile.r191677.gif
Well said Wiz....As the theme song in one of the Bond Movies.....and referring to Lewis....."nobody does it better"

Good luck Dark Ones and Wiz.....yall deserve it.....

BTW Wiz hope Robbie and all your family are doing well.....and have a Happy Thanksgiving.....

chip

Lane67 knows nothing of Clinton football obviously........Yes no one can stop the Aces rushing attack they must have scored rushing touchdowns for NE and Plymouth cause some how they lost those games
laugh.r191677.gif

Looking forward to hosting the Darkhorses and their fans Friday night. It should be a real barnburner. A few observations. Both teams appear to have a strong running attack. It truly is going to be a battle of strengths. I don't believe we have faced a defense like Clinton's all year, although Northeastern's defense was stout. At the same time I don't believe Clinton has faced a running attack like ours. Gonna be a great game.

Since Friday may be a holiday for some of you, y'all ought to come down early and see the town. It truly is a beautiful little town. I think Mapquest and some of the other directions websites route you to the second or third exit but if I were you I would take the first Edenton exit and take a right on Broad Street and visit downtown. If you take a left on Broad Street and go about five blocks you will be at our stadium. If you do go downtown I recommend Watermans or 309. We usually start pregaming at 309 right after 5:00.

Hey Darkhorse#34 I think you guys lost to East Bladen what was the score and you have a good defense right what happen in that game also like AcesWild mentioned you haven't seen a running attack like the Aces this season either you guys got three to worry about any way we will see what happen on the 28th. Aces Pride Baby! You Got To Believe:

I don't really have a dog in this fight, but plenty of observations as team physician for East Duplin for 30 years. Generally when ED or any old ECC team (ED,Clinton, Southwest,WRH) have headed to the Northeast part of the state to play , they have fared well (ED vs Roanoke Rapids and Edenton in 2004, ED vsNortheastern in 2011. ED vs Warren Co in 1998 and others). Teams from that area just don't seem to be prepared for the smashmouth physical style of football coached in our area by the likes of Aldridge, Lewis, Padgett and the Holleys (Jack &Battle) If I was a betting man, my money would be on The Horses next week and yes I have seen them close-up this year.

Wizard... If you come early and go downtown and ask for your check at 6:50 you can get to the stadium, park your car and be in your seat by 7:10. .I do it all the time. It's a great way to get ready for the game.

Lane67, to answer your question, we lost to East Bladen in overtime 27-21. I'm sure we could have 3 1,000 yard backs playing in that weak conference as well. Trust me, Clinton has seen running attacks like Holmes, so don't worry about us.

FOOTBALLFANATIC. The question may he does Holmes have a half dozen running back like the DarkHorses? The DarBorses regularly go about 6 deep at running backs spreading the wealth around!
Horse Fly, don't worry about the road trip. These are young people bursting with energy ready to burst out of the coral. Now if the were old codgers like us there may be problems but last time I checked there were all 15-18 years old

Originally posted by Lane67:

Hey Darkhorse#34 I think you guys lost to East Bladen what was the score and you have a good defense right what happen in that game also like AcesWild mentioned you haven't seen a running attack like the Aces this season either you guys got three to worry about any way we will see what happen on the 28th. Aces Pride Baby! You Got To Believe:First of all Lane67 judging by your constant whining and crying everytime Deana King posted the Bakers dozen your opinion means about as much as Ninjas pointless rants.Secondly i never said Clinton was unbeatable or offense/defense was unstoppable like the picture u painted of Edenton.....If you think Clinton will just roll over you will be dissapointed my friend but hey atleast you have Thanksgiving leftovers to look forward too.....Aceswild glad to see Holmes has some logical fans lookin forward to the trip GO HORSES!!!!!!

Originally posted by Horse Fly:
I'm more concerned about the 3 hour bus ride for the players than I am about Holmes.
I feel bad for Swain County having to travel all the way to Whiteville

I think they have 3 thousand yd rushers or the 3rd is really close. They do a lot of stuff Clinton does. Like the poster said battle of strengths! Turnover decides game. This game shouldn't take very long with both running attacks eating up clock. 27-13 Clinton.

Hey Wizard of The East you haven't said anything if necessary we can go eight or nine deep if the coach want to with speed and power which are sophomores,juniors,and a senior Winston that also play db. We'll see what happen Friday have a safe trip up to Edenton. Peace.

Not trying to get in the way of a good discussion about the relative merits of each teams defense, but I notice that Edenton Holmes is giving up 16 pts/game and Clinton's defense is giving up 9 pts/game.

And Clinton's schedule is rated the 56th toughest in 2A/2AA while Holmes schedule is rated # 82 by Simmons.

Of course, at this point in the season, we shouldn't let statistics get in the way of biased judgements.

Good luck Darkhorses. See you in Winston Salem.

This post was edited on 11/23 9:18 PM by TheMule

I have not come here and knocked your team at all. In fact I believe I have been very respectful of your team and its rich tradition and I will continue to do so. I have not seen your team play and have every reason to believe your team is as good as advertised. But come on, I have seen very few of you if any even acknowledge that Holmes even has a decent team. So lets talk facts. Fact we have three running backs who have over 1,300 yards. Fact we have second best running attack in the state in terms of total yards. Fact we lost two games and both teams are still in the playoffs. Fact you all lost one game to a team that is no longer in the playoffs.

This post was edited on 11/23 9:38 PM by AcesWild2323

AcesWild, I believe Edenton Holmes has a great football team though I know little about them other than what ive read. I feel like the other Clinton posters feel the same way too. I think what you are seeing here is a lot of reaction to one of your other posters that was making some wild statements and made it sound as if Edenton is unbeatable. Clinton will have to play their best football to hopefully pull out a win but certainly capable of doing that

TheMule, your opinion is most valued over the past 10 years that I've known you. Good luck to your Reidsville Rams in the west. Should be a great game between the Rams and the Golden Lions.
AcesWild, appreciate your hospitality invite but I think we're eating in Wiliamston in route. As for your comment about our only loss to East Bladen, they were the #1 seed. The loss was a very competitive loss in overtime. You might want to see if yall can hook up a non-conference game with them in the years to come to help with your strength of schedule. We've always found out strength of schedule was very helpful come playoff time
Good luck to you guys. See Ya Friday
smile.r191677.gif

This post was edited on 11/24 12:40 AM by Wizard of the East

Edenton has a great team so does Clinton it should be a great game i dont see anybody gettin blown out

Hope you are right Macd, and to have FC win, we would get the Eastern Championship at DH stadium.

swain was at home. thats the biggest difference. these longvtrips multiple times back to back wear on teams.

A little history on Clinton vs Holmes....this is just history I repeat this is just history..i know this has nothing to do with what will happen Friday just sharing alil history...Clinton and Holmes have only played twice from what am seeing

1996 2nd round playoff-Clinton 47 Holmes 0
1998 2nd round playoff-Clinton 45 Holmes 0

Once again means nothing about what will happen on the field come Friday just interesting to take a look back and see

Like I said before any team that holds Manning from Whiteville to 67 yards has got my vote. Best team I have seen this year on both sides of the ball.

Originally posted by Strick68:
Like I said before any team that holds Manning from Whiteville to 67 yards has got my vote. Best team I have seen this year on both sides of the ball.
After seeing Manning first hand, I will have to agree with that Strick. Hard to believe EH will have anybody better than
Manning at RB.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT