ADVERTISEMENT

Clinton boys and girls to play for championship

Darkhorse04

Dec 5, 2006
Both teams finished undefeated in conference play, both won there semi-final games, both will play tomorrow night at Pender High school for the conference tournament championship.

We will be broadcasting both games.

Pre-game 5:45 Tip-off at 6:00 for Womens Final

Men to follow.

www.mixlr.com/oldies1170
www.oldies1170.com

Reactions: Darkhorse#34
Really interested to see what happens in the State playoffs with bith our teams....girls side conference play has not offered much of a test but we have played against solid competition earlier in the season against a good NS Jax girls team and playing that tourney up in Raleigh....Girls definitely have the talent with Boykin and Cannady....potential match ups with teams out East like Bertie,North Brunswick South Lenoir and maybe a potential rematch with NS Jax who we lost too at home earlier this season

Boys side its looking like all roads lead to NS Jax out east who we lost too 70-62 earlier this year...looking at NS Jax's games this year they have blown everyone out except for us of course they were playing without some football players and so were we so who knows what will happen.....it would be nice to knock the Monarchs out of the playoffs and ruin a undefeated season kinda like they did us in football

I remember saying at the beginning of the season for the LDH other players would have to step up to help complement Boykin, Canady and Williams. The other players are doing just that, and at a great time. As far as the boys, yes they lost a player, but they haven't seemed to have lost a step...in fact, they seem to be playing better, like they're on a mission. Both groups are a very special group this year.

Looks like Clinton girls bout to wrap up a clean sweep of the Four County Conf regular season and tournament titles up on Midway 62-44 going into the 4th

Clinton girls win 81-57 Boykin 37 points 14 rebounds.....Congrats Lady Dark Horses

End of 3rd boys Championship Clinton 60 East Bladen 34.....Clinton looking to put the wrap to a clean sweep of the FCC

1st round of playoffs set for us

Girls:Clinton vs Washington

Boys:Clinton cs Southwest Edgecombe

Both games will be home Tuesday have not heard any times yet.....Boys side looking ahead a potential third meeting with West Bladen which could be tough i know they beat them handily in the last game but WB does have some talent and its tough facing Conference foes in the postseason

Girls side looking ahead potential 2nd round match up with a 20-4 North Pitt team....not sure how tough there Conference is but thats a tough 2nd round game going off the record

Last edited:
1st round of playoffs set for us

Girls:Clinton vs Washington

Boys:Clinton cs Southwest Edgecombe

Both games will be home Tuesday have not heard any times yet.....Boys side looking ahead a potential third meeting with West Bladen which could be tough i know they beat them handily in the first two games but WB does have some talent and its tough facing Conference foes in the postseason

Girls side looking ahead potential 2nd round match up with a 20-4 North Pitt team....not sure how tough there Conference is but thats a tough 2nd round game going off the record

IDK about handily both times. Clinton won by 1 point the first game which is there closest margin of victory this year, every other game has been by double digits almost. But still to your point, it is hard to beat a good team twice, let alone 3 times. Got to win the first game, lets take it a game at a time.

Reactions: Darkhorse#34
My fault i ment to put the last time the played but always hate when you have to play Conference foes in the 1st and 2nd rounds......just dont want a repeat of that Midway 2nd round game last year.....but yes gotta win Tuesday to even begin discussion about that.....Ugh remember in 09 or 2010 being a top seed and losing to Orange High something like 67-64 Vic Register missed the tieing shot as time expired and that Clinton team was loaded with talent JT Miller,Vic Register,Jaylon Robertson.....really hope we get over this postseason hump

They definitely have the personnel to get over the hump. The best thing this year's team has is that they play so well together, they are so unselfish. It also looks like they are simply having fun when they're out there. In my opinion, this is what sets this years team apart from the past teams. Let's take care of SWE and move on to the next round.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT