ADVERTISEMENT

Clinton 42 Graham 0

Darkhorse#34

Jul 30, 2006
On to the 2nd round....not really impressed with the Newman kid on offense...defense he made some plays only completed a few passes and threw 2 picks....Clinton's defense will carry us far

Post deleted apparently we dont have alot of Carolina Panther fans up here
This post was edited on 11/15 10:48 AM by Darkhorse#34

I heard him described as the best 2A player in the 2A East. I didn't see that.He is a big guy 6'4" 220 lbs but he was called on to do too much. I was more impressed with him defensively as he was in on every play and made several tackles, but unfortunately if was from his safety position as most plays had already gained momenteum. I think he is a good athelete but by 3rd qtr he was pretty much worn down and he was playing against a great defense. I think he was only a junior and has another year to develop.

I would not down play his talent but more so credit your D...a kid with the attention(college) he is getting and the numbers he has put up is a credit to the Clinton D
....only few are D1 recruits and CHS shut one down
This post was edited on 11/15 9:18 AM by 2for3

The Cam Newton thing was a joke...but i agree with Wiz he made some impressive hits on defense...Its easy to get caught up in the limelight of offense and scoring points pilling up yardage but man our defense is something else....i keep saying it since that EB game defense has stepped up tenfold

Newman did nothing against Reidsville as well until the backups played.

People who make their living identifying Div 1 talent think he will make a great QB in college and I suspect they are right.

Judging him playing for Graham is really misleading since the Red Devils have virtually no talent as a football team.

I would not get too excited about beating up on the Red Devils.

Good luck to the Darkhorses. I expect to see you in the state championship game.

TheMule, we weren't getting hyped up with the win other than after several years the DarkHorses are back to winning in the playoffs! The DarkHorses did do exactly what we expected, but I honestly didn't expect the shutout. Graham was putting points on everybody all season and with the QB, I think their problem was they just didn't have too much around him, thus his trying to do it all and he really tried hard at that , but as 2for3 posted, he was playing against a great defense.
This post was edited on 11/15 9:17 AM by Wizard of the East

Clinton D held Graham to 97 total yards

Skinner 18 carries 151 yards 2 TDs

Defense Boone Royal Whitfield Ashley and Sumner all had big games and made keys plays great senior leadership

...Not really beating our chest we were suppose to win just really impressed with our defense at this point in the season and we will need it going forward

1 guy gave his opinion! You guys heard one person on here and your taking that opinion and making too much of it. The kid is an athlete that wants opportunity to play qb at next level but willing to play anywhere. UNC is all over his physical ability if he will play defense. The talent around him IE offensive line can limit any good qb. The cam newton stuff is basically about his size and the style he plays. Nobody in their right would this kid is cam newton type talent right now. Can he be? Maybe. But like the poster said the talent around him doesn't give you a fair assessment. I think he has the ability and work ethic to maybe do more at the next level and I'm sure that a lot to do with the best player in the bracket comment. Some people judge on potential. You guys have team talent and well coaches team. Your defense is legit. Graham scored 10 points in first quarter of reidsville game so that comment was rediculous and has nothing to do with anything.

Once again for those who have not had their coffee this morning the Cam Newton thing was a joke obviously the kid has talent receiving offers from Duke,NC State,West Virginia and some others.....i think he should consider switching to defense he plays it very well and is a hard hitter would be a nice safety at the next level

yes I said he's a athlete, but I'm not sure he's a quarterback at least not at Graham. What I did see was a potential d-1 defensive end or linebacker. You could tell he liked the contact and would play hard every play until he had to come out for a rest. He was basically on the field the whole time. If he works hard the off season, and goes to some football camps, he will be playing on Saturday somewhere.

That's somebody's teenage son you are cutting down that I'm sure gave his best effort. Be a gracious winner.

christ people it was a joke a haha ill delete the post for christ sake.....funny how everyone puts up with ninjas non sense i make a joke being a Carolina Panther fan and everyones panties are in a bunch now....

Originally posted by mr.epps:

That's somebody's teenage son you are cutting down that I'm sure gave his best effort. Be a gracious winner.
Several people just said how we were impressed with his performance on defense how is that cutting someone down???

You guys are always classy. Just a misunderstanding. I know graham didn't show much last night and that was completely due to Clinton's quality football team.

I'm not surprised Graham lost. I'd figure they would have scored at least once. Clinton is my favorite for the 2a east.
This post was edited on 11/15 12:02 PM by tarheel fan1

This post was edited on 11/15 2:17 PM by tarheel fan1

What does that have to do with graham vs Clinton. Quit beating your chest on a topic that doesn't include the name reidsville in it. You guys take care of the business you didn't take care of last year and make this conference proud and win a championship. Quit worrying about who scored what when against who.

Ah yeah, Graham scored 3 in first qtr, 10 for the half vs. rams. By that time the score was 49-10. Rms rushed for 500 yards in that game

I replied to what you said. But it doesn't matter really, I probably shouldn't have even replied at all. Graham will be pretty good next year, they had a tough draw. You guys just have shore up your defense.

Nobody cares dhag! Clinton's 2's shut out Graham. So what does that mean? Clinton is a better overall team with more depth? I guess that's the point your trying to make?

Not trying to make a point sir. Just correcting a scoring mistake. No malice intended and should not be taken that way

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT