ADVERTISEMENT

Clinton 39 Edenton Holmes 21

Darkhorse#34

Jul 30, 2006
Well the Aces of Edenton Holmes will look back at this game and see the 4 turnovers and a safety....Clinton will look back and see 2 KO returns given up for scores....Clinton D huge game technically only gave up one score....Clinton offense 2 long passes for scores and Skinner/Faison/Howard scoring on the ground great game boys....long ride back to Sampson County but its a lot better after a win.....On to the Eastern finals......Clinton vs SWO

Two great programs going up against each other.....take away those 4 Edenton fumbles of which 3 led to Clinton Touchdowns and this would have been a real barn burner. If anything, I'm sure Edenton earned just a bit of respect tonight from the Darkhorse fans. We matched up well strength wise and I believe we had a bit more speed. Clinton a lot more disciplined and better coached tonight. Just wasn't meant to be this year for the ACES. Clinton brought a great crowd to Edenton.....good luck to you guys the rest of the way. A little consolation for us would be to say we were beaten by the State Champs.

It was a good game Horses lead throughout. The 4 turnovers Drs were key to a great DarkHorse defense giving up only one offensive touchdown. Key to the DarkHorse offense were two long TD passes which lTer prevented Edenton from putting 9 in the box. Great play calling by Coach Lewis! Now on to the match up we've waited all year with Old ECC foe SouthWest Onslow!

Originally posted by 35Lead:
Two great programs going up against each other.....take away those 4 Edenton fumbles of which 3 led to Clinton Touchdowns and this would have been a real barn burner. If anything, I'm sure Edenton earned just a bit of respect tonight from the Darkhorse fans. We matched up well strength wise and I believe we had a bit more speed. Clinton a lot more disciplined and better coached tonight. Just wasn't meant to be this year for the ACES. Clinton brought a great crowd to Edenton.....good luck to you guys the rest of the way. A little consolation for us would be to say we were beaten by the State Champs.
I get what you are saying and I do have respect for the Edenton program they never gave up but 2 of your 3 scores came on long KO returns when we have not allowed one all season...... take those away its a 34-7 game but it is what it is great game great season for the Aces....I wonder where Lane 67 is
3dgrin.r191677.gif

Good game and good luck against Southwest Onslow those two deep passes for td's in the first half hurt the Aces really bad I don't understand why the coaches changed the secondary and went back to what hurt the Aces in the beginning of the season and in the Northeastern lost from what they did after the last game of the season when they started playing man to man with a deep safety which was very successful and went right back to the old defense. They should have known that most teams where going to try and exploit their weakness in the secondary. The 21pts.gave up on mistakes hurt but hey somebody got to win and somebody got to lose it's part of the game but beside football the Aces kids learned a lot from their head coach about life and caring about their fellow man that will surely should help them in the future and careers. Again good luck and hope to see you guys next season. Peace.

Okay, take away the three fumbles we lost and it's 13-7 = great game. Plus the field goal, and plus the safety. I'm talking hypothetically of course and how the dynamics of the game change due to turnovers....anytime anyone has that many fumbles (8 total, 3 lost ) at this level it's impossible to win...I was giving you guys a compliment, and giving some props to my ACES also. No excuses. The best team won tonight.

35Lead, not so fast my friend you're assuming you would have scored in not the fumbles, as you said the best team won. Our coach calling the backbreaking passing scores was crucial. Almost had another. I will say the Aces were much more physical than I thought but the this was the 3rd round of the playoffs. Proud of our DarkHorses for getting two far away playoffs road wins. For a one loss team they deserved more home field games but the association has a weird way of seeding teams. In the long run they're better for it.
Really really proud of the DarkHose defense giving up only one offensive touchdowns and holding a offensive team like the Aces to 230 yards total offense.

This post was edited on 11/29 12:39 AM by Wizard of the East

Just got home from the game. It's 1:10AM and let me say first congrats to Clinton for the win, u played hard and u were forced out of your element by having to throw it around a little more than I know we would like to but our QB did great slinging it. I wanna say thanks to the people of Edneton Holmes. We broadcasted tonight and you couldn't have been more welcoming. We were greeted by the AD and the head coach at the front gate. We chatted a lil while and everyone was very nice to us, even after the win inside edentons press box their fans through the windows were wishing clinton best of luck and mentioned they thought we were a very good team. If any other school out there wants to know how it's done when welcoming media/fans to a visiting stadium, see Edenton. They were very classy and kind. A+ experience. Go horses!

Darkhorse04[/URL], I agree about Edenton. I found their fans very friendly even leaving the game. There facility looked top notch and well manicured on and off the field. (note to some schools: that's the way a playing surface suppose to be) We got to town a hour early after eating at Sunnyside Oyster Grill in Williamston, (highly recommended), and found the town very nice! Next time we'll eat downtown and there may very well be a next time as I think Edenton will be back. There new coach seems to have the program pointed in the right direction.

This post was edited on 11/29 11:15 AM by Wizard of the East

This post was edited on 11/29 11:16 AM by Wizard of the East

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT