ADVERTISEMENT

Clinton 38 Eastern Randolph 18

Congrats to the Darkhorses. Looks like you guys are back to your old form. Tough game coming up next week. Stay focused.

Great win for Clinton ... All at SWO was rooting for ya. Looks like East Bladen goes down in flames also . #1, and #2 seed out, so I guess it up to us scrubbs in the 2A East ...... LOL

Don't mean to be unsportsmanlike but it takes a mighty good team to win this big in a game officiated like that. Absolutely the worst I have ever seen. That being said this game was never in doubt. The DarkHorses advance to the 3rd round!
This post was edited on 11/22 2:27 AM by Wizard of the East

Officiating was absolutely atrocious but no doubt the better team won. Best of luck the rest of the way.

the field was suspectly wet and the footing conditions were terrible. Honestly the place looked just like it did in 1983 to me. I hope we never have to go back there again. (I don't believe I've ever said that about anywhere)

I think most Clinton fans would agree that when those all conf all regional and all state teams come out if Chandler Whitfield#82 DE/TE is not on some of those i will lose faith in the system.As a undersized TE/DE the kid just makes plays one second he is catching a TD pass next minute he is sackin the QB next play he is blocking a punt.....the kid is a playmaker and is all heart...he may not be 6'5 260 but he plays like it

You could see this coming from a mile away. ER got hammered by the only three real good teams they had played all season. rest of the schedule was weak. Clinton way too fast and well coached. Darkhorses and SWO will be for bid for state title. still think shelby or reidsville wins it all. west bracket is unbelievably strong.

Wiz...I can tell you about ER field since we were in the same conf for a few years...Their field always looks wet, damp and muddy....think they must have built that field on top of a spring...lol.......Congrats on your win.............

seriously there is a big septic system out past the visitors side to the right as you walkin. when i helped out there the kids would say it burped cause st ti es the stench would just take over. hilarious.

I agree with all the above!! Way to go Dark Horses! Another night proving that whoever dreamed up the 2-A East seeding is an absolute idiot!!

Originally posted by Darkhorse#34:
I think most Clinton fans would agree that when those all conf all regional and all state teams come out if Chandler Whitfield#82 DE/TE is not on some of those i will lose faith in the system.As a undersized TE/DE the kid just makes plays one second he is catching a TD pass next minute he is sackin the QB next play he is blocking a punt.....the kid is a playmaker and is all heart...he may not be 6'5 260 but he plays like it
How big (small) is he?

how many punt blocks does he have this season 4? The last two creating TD's?
This DarkHorse defense may actually become the best all-time DarkHorse defense
ever, but they'll have to win a championship to get that which is well within their means.

Originally posted by TGT:

Originally posted by Darkhorse#34:
How big (small) is he?
Listed at 5'10 205...not your typical size for a TE or DE but he plays both at a high level,,,,,i count 4 block punts....2 during the Trask game...1 last week against Graham and the one last night

it will be s tall order clinton or anyone to beat whoever comes out of that west bracket brutal over there.

Griddie[/URL], honestly I think it will actually be competitive. I promise.
3dgrin.r191677.gif

This post was edited on 11/22 3:29 PM by Wizard of the East

i think it will be competitive but about like last year. west just too strong. now if this clinton team was like the one with lee, mcphail, ect. - then i would redo my predictions lol.

I was at this game Friday night and I thought the same thing about the field looking wet/damp or whatever,Clinton has a 3 headed monster rushing attack who are all very capable of taking it to the house on any givin play,QB made some nice grows when need be,it was freezing out there seemed alot colder than the week before if that's even possible,I guess it was because ER is out in the middle of nowhere.

Originally posted by Griddie:
i think it will be competitive but about like last year. west just too strong. now if this clinton team was like the one with lee, mcphail, ect. - then i would redo my predictions lol.
not many teams like that one

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT