ADVERTISEMENT

Cleveland, Gaston, Lincoln County Schedules

I agree that Shelby and Burns don't belong in the new conference, but the conference is a done deal. As for East Gaston, the new conference is probably where we need to be competition wise. I get that it will be nearly impossible for us to make the playoffs, but what our program needs at this point is wins and with our schedule I see a legit chance that we can get 5 or 6 wins this fall.

I agree that Shelby and Burns don't belong in the new conference, but the conference is a done deal. As for East Gaston, the new conference is probably where we need to be competition wise. I get that it will be nearly impossible for us to make the playoffs, but what our program needs at this point is wins and with our schedule I see a legit chance that we can get 5 or 6 wins this fall.
And with 32 teams out of 54 making the playoffs in west 5 or 6 wins might get you in!!!

Gotta feeling..... Shelby vs Hibriten or Burns vs Watauga.....gonna be packed with extra visitors.

There’s a ton of teams in our area that are not playing on 9/10.

An opportunity for scouting!😂.... which game? Decision is gonna be tough!😁

Reactions: notanyonesfan
Gotta feeling..... Shelby vs Hibriten or Burns vs Watauga.....gonna be packed with extra visitors.

There’s a ton of teams in our area that are not playing on 9/10.

An opportunity for scouting!😂.... which game? Decision is gonna be tough!😁
Send half the staff to Shelby and the other half to Watauga!!!!

Reactions: notanyonesfan
Send half the staff to Shelby and the other half to Watauga!!!!
I’m going to Shelby.... because they have good livermush sammys 😁 and....I’d like to see the “Brushy Mtn. Boys” from Hibriten .... it’s been awhile for me.

As you prolly know... Maiden plays Watauga...a couple weeks before Burns does ...so I’ll use the resulting scores as a gauge for Burns..... kinda like Salisbury this spring😂...we all know how that turned out! There wasn’t one!

Heck... it’s an hour drive either way...Maiden is smack dab in the middle between Shelby and Boone..... but I know somebody from Maiden will be at both games because there isn’t a game anywhere in our area on 9/10.....what else could we do?....it’s “Football! Friday Night!”

Their schedule wasnt that tough to begin with!
Whatever! Km, South Point, AC Reynolds, Burns, and Crest have all made deep playoff runs over the years. You guys win states this year in this weird season, and you’ve become arrogant. Stay humble or get humbled. I don’t expect a fluke season out of Shelby this upcoming season.

Y’all bragging about your new schedule as if it’s the AFC North. Page sounds good in name only. They haven’t had a winning season in a few years now. They’re irrelevant Who has really made any noise on your new schedule? Yeah, it’s solid and much improved, but nothing special like you all are making it out to be.

Last edited:
Y’all bragging about your new schedule as if it’s the AFC north. Page sounds good in name only. They haven’t had a winning season in a few years now. They’re irrelevant Who has really made any noise on your new schedule? Yeah, it’s solid and much improved, but nothing special like you all are making it out to be.

I feel like eastern and western almance are just as good as the other 3a teams on your schedule. Page was really bad this year die to losing most of their players to grimsley state championship team. I expect page to be improved

I feel like eastern and western almance are just as good as the other 3a teams on your schedule. Page was really bad this year die to losing most of their players to grimsley state championship team. I expect page to be improved
Nah, Western, the tougher of the two, was blown off the field by Havelock, 49-17, that’s not particularly impressive.

Last edited:
Nah, Western, the tougher of the two, was blown off the field by Havelock, 49-17, that’s not particularly impressive. However, I do like your new conference. It’s solid.
Eastern will be better than western this season, IMO. Western and eastern are always good though, they’ve both been successful programs sobs the early 2000’s at least. Havelock probably could have beaten reidsville, they only lost to catholic by 7. Havelock is one impressive eastern team

Reactions: Lion Attack
Eastern will be better than western this season, IMO. Western and eastern are always good though, they’ve both been successful programs sobs the early 2000’s at least. Havelock probably could have beaten reidsville, they only lost to catholic by 7. Havelock is one impressive eastern team
Western had a kid a few years ago named Christian Daniels. He played quarterback. He was a stud. I discovered him on the recruiting circuit during that time. You are correct, they are very good programs.

I just get a little annoyed. Shelby wasted a season of talent. Talent doesn’t grow on trees. Cleveland County was a little snake bitten this year, too. KM lost Paysour who will play as a true freshman at UNC. Shelby lost Hollifield, and missed his leadership, Burns’ three year starting quarterback got injured at the worst possible time, and they still only lost by 3 to Salisbury. Crest lost their starting quarterback to an ACL.

Regardless of all that, it’s one big L for the county. Shelby has some studs returning, though, and a young freshman receiver who coaches feel will be the next big thing at receiver for Shelby.. He came on strong at the end of the season. Hopefully, they will get this DC thing right. If Shelby doesn’t make noise this year, then we all will know what the problem is.

Your Rams benefitted from having its best players returning, and your legendary coach had the team very well prepared, despite the adversities all schools faced with this Covid mess. Great coach, great battle tested seniors, especially at the all important quarterback position, that was the ultimate recipe for success.

Last edited:
Btw, Crest only lost to Catholic by 7, and led them at halftime, 21-7. They had no business losing that game. Havelock is the “realest” program in the East, though, them and Tarboro.

Reactions: Lawn12Dog
Western had a kid a few years ago named Christian Daniels. He played quarterback. He was a stud. I discovered him on the recruiting circuit during that time. You are correct they are very good programs.

I just get a little annoyed. Shelby wasted a season of talent. Talent doesn’t grown on trees. Cleveland County was a little snake bitten this year, too. KM lost Paysour who will play as a true freshman at UNC. Shelby lost Hollifield, and missed his leadership, Burns’ three year starting quarterback got injured at the worst possible time, and they still only lost by 3 to Salisbury. Crest lost their starting quarterback to an ACL.

Regardless of all that, it’s one big L for the county. Shelby has some studs returning, though, and a young freshman receiver who coaches feel will be the next big thing at receiver for Shelby.. He came on strong at the end of the season. Hopefully, they will get this DC thing right. If Shelby doesn’t make noise this year, then we all will know what the problem is.

Your Rams benefitted from having its best players returning, and your legendary coach had the team very well prepared, despite the adversities all schools faced with this Covid mess. Great coach, great battle tested seniors, especially at the all important quarterback position, was the ultimate recipe for success.

Shelby was still very solid m, that’s why I still feel it would have been the toughest of the state championship match ups. Yes, I thought Breon would have definitely opted out. Kyle pinnix gave some thought on opting out. I knew heritage didn’t have anything for us, no offense they are tough. But I felt we took their best punch in 2017 and 2018.

Western maybe reidsville biggest rival, used to be some battles in the early 2000’s and they’ve beaten us the last two times.

I wouldn’t worry about Shelby, they are still going to be a top 5 team this season along with burns. I do think burns and hibriten fans got confident thinking that was the state championship game.

Reactions: Lion Attack
Y’all bragging about your new schedule as if it’s the AFC North. Page sounds good in name only. They haven’t had a winning season in a few years now. They’re irrelevant Who has really made any noise on your new schedule? Yeah, it’s solid and much improved, but nothing special like you all are making it out to be.

You make a good point about Page, but you all used to brag loudly on here about beating lower tier 4A schools like Watuaga(when they were 4A)

You make a good point about Page, but you all used to brag loudly on here about beating lower tier 4A schools like Watuaga(when they were 4A)

page has been good though. I remember going to a page game where they beat east Forsyth and they wasn’t that long ago.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT