ADVERTISEMENT

Cleveland County Transfer Policy

XChamp15

Jan 21, 2015
OK Burns fans, since you always seem to hijack threads with this nonsense, here is a forum for you to voice your concerns regarding the movement of high school football players moving from one school to another. Please limit your comments in the KM/JM Robinson thread to that game.

Two questions to begin the discussion
1. Why don't you complain about players that transfer to Shelby or to Burns?
2. If the Cleveland County school board allows a transfer, doesn't that make it a legal transfer?

Let the bitchin', um, discussion begin.

I probably shouldnt even entertain this thread but Ill bite. you clowns coming outa everywhere.. Look you can turn this into a Burns thing all you want... I have said it over and over but Ill try and type slower and maybe that will help. This has nothing to do with BURNS, just a common theme that happens in the county, I have said it multiple times, just open enrollment and that way there is a transparent policy, not just what benefits school board members at the time.

...since you asked the question, I'll ask one too...which meaningful players in any sport has transferred into Burns in recent years? also to play a specific sport? Id say the numbers are very low. Everyone knew the intentions of this particular athlete to play one sport at a school then transfer back to play another. you can come up with any kind of dumb ass insult on Burns all you want but at the end of the day, whats the point in having "policies" if they arent enforced?

you and the 2 other clowns that battle this can have your entertainment from somewhere else. I have tried to stick to the actual football game but you idiots get so ass hurt anytime the word transfer comes up. Guilty dogs bark the loudest usually.

You keep saying guilty but I haven't seen anyone deny anything...it's because we don't care anymore. I am not important to the school system in anyway other than paying taxes, and I have nothing to do with the football program except buying a ticket to a few games and some cheese fries at the concession stands.

I think what my Crest brethren are really trying to say is, you and others have brought this issue up over, and over and over and over and over and over on these boards for years and nothing has changed...so here is my point, the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result...your beating a dead horse on these forums. We no longer care, or at least I don't care who's recruiting or who isn't, it's just high school football. If it means that much to you then I implore you to go to the school board with a group of people and protest...or write letters or emails or whatever...but ncpreps is not going to change anything for you because ncpreps has zero power over policies in Cleveland county

First let me clarify. I am an unbiased third party in this conversation.

Rev,
The only time, and I mean “the Only Times” transfers in Cleveland County football are brought up in these forums, they are brought up by you and a couple other Burns fans. So that does make it a “Burns thing”.

Finally, I did not insult Burns or their fans in any way.

Burns fans bring it up because they are on the shitty side of the deal. Green left a bad taste in everyone’s mouth in the Burns area when she was on the hiring committee, helped get Rob Senseney and then transferred her son away. Why help interview coaches and then take your son. It was a low blow to the program. Crest fans have never dealt with that so they wouldn’t understand. Imagine Crest this year without a transfer. It pisses people when parents transfer kids away and LIE. You have never heard a Burns fan bitch when a kid moves out of that district. It’s the lies and shady crap that does it. This forum is for opinions and here lately it’s being over ran by entitled participation trophies receiving bitches.

DBD,
Your issue isn’t with Crest or the County policies but with the family that left Burns for Crest a few years back.
If Burns was receiving transfers that make an impact you would be ok with the current policies?

Rev always seems to take shots at Crest because players transfer to Crest yet I’ve never seen him take a shot at Shelby or KM. Curious.

What I find interesting, Burns fans never brought up the transfers until Beam stepped down and that other coach was hired...wasn't it a bunch of Shelby fans that forced Beam to leave in the first place?

The transfers didn’t happen during the Beam era because they were loaded. Beam left because of Beam. The shots at Crest are because of the certain member of the booster club that is behind a lot of the transfers. It’s no secret. The policy is my problem more than anything. If has a big ass grey area that says if your family is in the up and ups then you can do anything you want. The policy shouldn’t be there if the board isn’t going to follow it. When it’s brought up at meetings it is ignored because the people on the board do not want to incriminate themselves with their politics.

Well my point is, I can't speak for all the posters on this board. I'm not a booster, I'm not a coach or even a parent of player, just a 26 year old young man that understands both sides. Really I can see your frustration...but these boards ain't gonna change a dang thing. And this topic seems to get brought up every single time a Crest thread is made. It's really annoying, and makes me want to jump over to the other websites just because it's ruining these boards. By all means please call out the board members so we can actually talk junk and have fun again because I'm tired of it all.

DBD,
Your issue isn’t with Crest or the County policies but with the family that left Burns for Crest a few years back.
If Burns was receiving transfers that make an impact you would be ok with the current policies?

Rev always seems to take shots at Crest because players transfer to Crest yet I’ve never seen him take a shot at Shelby or KM. Curious.

Please tell me where I took a shot at Crest this particular topic? Do I take shots at Crest typically? absolutely, tainted program and always will be...Its our insult at them like they throw out Burns being a shitty program etc...But this topic was not a shot at Crest at all...the kid is leaving CREST actually..so you have it backwards! This is solely a discussion on policy and grey area. DBD said it best and Ill leave it at that. I agree w his opinion 100%. Like I have said in the past...just open it up and end the "policies"

Okay...and if they open it up...you actually think things will be better for Burns? Not trying to sound like a smart azz but if they don't go to Crest, they'll definitely go to Shelby or even Kings Mountain because those programs are the two most successful presently We'll literally have recruiting sessions and it'll be Tar Heels vs Duke vs NC state vs wake forest...guess which one Burns is.

This isn’t about just making it better for Burns. Read this as a fan of the game and not a crest fan. If Burns loses every decent player on the team so be it if the rules are followed. It’s watching coaches bust their asses to get a player to a certain level and other programs reap the rewards. It’s about parents lying that they moved somewhere else but never did. The entire point is remove the damn policy because the board doesn’t back it up. When a top player at Crest leaves and wins a title at another school and still lives in Boiling Springs talk to me. If Burns got a top transfer that lied about where he lived I wouldn’t be all happy because there is that though of it being illegal and having to forfeit. The team gets screwed because parents lied. Crest has gotten away with a lot of it and even your own fans have admitted it to me and my kids. Like I said before my sons senior year was ruined with transfers so yes I have a right to be pissed.

The interesting thing is that a kid can transfer from KM to Crest for football, and then go back to KM for wrestling. Someone explained how that could work, but I've forgotten the rule.

As for the QB a couple of years back, that could happen anywhere. If the parents have the means and are willing to manipulate the system, there is no way to stop it.

This isn’t about just making it better for Burns. Read this as a fan of the game and not a crest fan. If Burns loses every decent player on the team so be it if the rules are followed. It’s watching coaches bust their asses to get a player to a certain level and other programs reap the rewards. It’s about parents lying that they moved somewhere else but never did. The entire point is remove the damn policy because the board doesn’t back it up. When a top player at Crest leaves and wins a title at another school and still lives in Boiling Springs talk to me. If Burns got a top transfer that lied about where he lived I wouldn’t be all happy because there is that though of it being illegal and having to forfeit. The team gets screwed because parents lied. Crest has gotten away with a lot of it and even your own fans have admitted it to me and my kids. Like I said before my sons senior year was ruined with transfers so yes I have a right to be pissed.
Crest had a safety Denorris Brooks(DeBo) started at safety won a chip with Crest then transferred to Shelby and started at safety and won a Chip with the Lions ! No one made a big deal out of it because it was not a big deal if you don’t wanna wear the Crest Jersey then we wish you well elsewhere

I knew a kid that played RB for Crest in football, lost the state championship against Northern Guilford and transferred to Shelby for track and field where he won a ring...The list goes on and on. I know your upset and frustrated about the system, but just like Uncle Sam screws us all, Burns will most likely always get the short end of the stick, it's not the 70's or 80's anymore. It's survival of the fittest and everyone is looking out for number one.

Reactions: shutdownD24
My thoughts toward it is and will always be next man up. Bj hopper went to middle school at Shelby ....played a year at burns back to Shelby and finished his senior year at burns . Kids go back and forth all over with ease and it's never enforced . I agree just go open enrollment .

What about the jv qb that left Burns to go to Shelby this past year? That kid could have really helped burns this year but i also understood his mom taught/coached at burns and was released. Kids will go wherever their parents want them to go. Might as well just make it open transfer like other big districts. And some schools in CC get more looks by recruiters for the next level, so you can’t knock Parents for wanting their kid to get exposure(if they’re talented).

Reactions: blkgolddynasty
My question is, is the educational classes that easy to transfer to each school? How do these kids not fall behind or in some cases get ahead when they switch schools?

My question is, is the educational classes that easy to transfer to each school? How do these kids not fall behind or in some cases get ahead when they switch schools?
Transfer at the end of semester so you don’t fall behind and the school counselors will guide kids in the right directions so they don’t fall behind. Parents don’t jump into these things blindly if they did there kids wouldn’t be eligible.

Kids move from school to school in every school system. All 4 Cleveland County schools have enjoyed the benefits of transfers. Some more than others. That seems to be the problem with some Burns fans discontent.

Two questions:
1. If 2-3 really good football players transferred to Burns from one of the other 3 county schools would Rev and DBD accept them or complain openly on these forums?
2. If rules are actually being broken by the school board allowing some transfers, why haven’t you organized and forced them to adhere to their own rules?

I personally see know problem with a family moving a kid to where they think its a better situation for THEIR kid as long as no rules where broken. If an adult has an issue with another child playing for another team and upset that they didnt want to play with the team they think they should be playing with, take the proof to the person over the sports in the county or superintendent. Simple.
I think the biggest reason and someone even said it, is because its IMPACT players. I believe if it was someone that sat the bench and legally moved 3 times and played at all 4 high schools in same season which could happen,then noone would complain. People that do not deal or understand college recruiting for sports in general do not realize how being at 1 school verses another helps in that process. Ex. Crest and Shelby has been having a good pipeline of college talent for years, regional recruits from all college levels for the area are going to get in contact with those coaches 1st and ask, "do you have anyone we need on our radar". I see people say all the time say if your good enough they will find you or through tape you send out,lol. With the sport I talk with recruiters about,fastpitch softball, they get hundreds of videos a week, imagine what football programs are getting. Recruiters from that sport say, get with an established name program and we go through them first. Football is similar, recruiters will be hitting the estalished winning and talent producing programs such Crest,Shelby, Mallard Creek and others that are producing talent over time when they start their rounds. Not to say that kids from other schools want make it to the next level at the schools they are at, it is just another level you have to work through to get them were they want to be if they have the talent.

To what people are saying about the transfer policy in itself, WHEN DID THE POLICY CHANGE is my question? Cleveland County ALREADY has open enrollment. A student in Cleveland County can go to any school in the county as long as they provide transportation if out of home district and space is available at school. Meaning you do not have to move to go to another school. I know local school systems can tweak a few things when it comes participation in sports following the NCHSAA guidelines.

Kids move from school to school in every school system. All 4 Cleveland County schools have enjoyed the benefits of transfers. Some more than others. That seems to be the problem with some Burns fans discontent.

Two questions:
1. If 2-3 really good football players transferred to Burns from one of the other 3 county schools would Rev and DBD accept them or complain openly on these forums?
2. If rules are actually being broken by the school board allowing some transfers, why haven’t you organized and forced them to adhere to their own rules?
Seems like we were thinking the same thing at the same time,lol.

I personally see know problem with a family moving a kid to where they think its a better situation for THEIR kid as long as no rules where broken. If an adult has an issue with another child playing for another team and upset that they didnt want to play with the team they think they should be playing with, take the proof to the person over the sports in the county or superintendent. Simple.
I think the biggest reason and someone even said it, is because its IMPACT players. I believe if it was someone that sat the bench and legally moved 3 times and played at all 4 high schools in same season which could happen,then noone would complain. People that do not deal or understand college recruiting for sports in general do not realize how being at 1 school verses another helps in that process. Ex. Crest and Shelby has been having a good pipeline of college talent for years, regional recruits from all college levels for the area are going to get in contact with those coaches 1st and ask, "do you have anyone we need on our radar". I see people say all the time say if your good enough they will find you or through tape you send out,lol. With the sport I talk with recruiters about,fastpitch softball, they get hundreds of videos a week, imagine what football programs are getting. Recruiters from that sport say, get with an established name program and we go through them first. Football is similar, recruiters will be hitting the estalished winning and talent producing programs such Crest,Shelby, Mallard Creek and others that are producing talent over time when they start their rounds. Not to say that kids from other schools want make it to the next level at the schools they are at, it is just another level you have to work through to get them were they want to be if they have the talent.

To what people are saying about the transfer policy in itself, WHEN DID THE POLICY CHANGE is my question? Cleveland County ALREADY has open enrollment. A student in Cleveland County can go to any school in the county as long as they provide transportation if out of home district and space is available at school. Meaning you do not have to move to go to another school. I know local school systems can tweak a few things when it comes participation in sports following the NCHSAA guidelines.
Thats the rub. Yes cc has open enrollment and everybody knows it but the school board will deny this and say you have to sit out a year if the move is for sports . Has any kid ever had to sit out a year ?

Thats the rub. Yes cc has open enrollment and everybody knows it but the school board will deny this and say you have to sit out a year if the move is for sports . Has any kid ever had to sit out a year ?

BJ Ramseur I believe.

Two questions:

you really sugar coated that one hoss... "all county schools enjoyed the benefits of transfers" Thats not the problem with Burns discontent, You never answered my question and yours is so hypothetical and a moot point. If we had 3 studs come into our doors, me personally, I know know it is to lose kids and the reputation Crest has now..so Id say stay at your school. all 4 county schools have enough to compete without the help of others.
some years better than others obviously

Might as well bring Shelby BS about getting city taxes and county taxes while we're at it...the point is it all boils down to one thing...nothing is going to change

I probably shouldnt even entertain this thread but Ill bite. you clowns coming outa everywhere.. Look you can turn this into a Burns thing all you want... I have said it over and over but Ill try and type slower and maybe that will help. This has nothing to do with BURNS, just a common theme that happens in the county, I have said it multiple times, just open enrollment and that way there is a transparent policy, not just what benefits school board members at the time.

...since you asked the question, I'll ask one too...which meaningful players in any sport has transferred into Burns in recent years? also to play a specific sport? Id say the numbers are very low. Everyone knew the intentions of this particular athlete to play one sport at a school then transfer back to play another. you can come up with any kind of dumb ass insult on Burns all you want but at the end of the day, whats the point in having "policies" if they arent enforced?

you and the 2 other clowns that battle this can have your entertainment from somewhere else. I have tried to stick to the actual football game but you idiots get so ass hurt anytime the word transfer comes up. Guilty dogs bark the loudest usually.
giphy.gif

...since you asked the question, I'll ask one too...which meaningful players in any sport has transferred into Burns in recent years? also to play a specific sport?Sorry for my delay, I thought your question was rhetorical. I know of a few in football from Shelby and KM. So actually, Burns has enjoyed the benefit of transfers but since none were high profile studs you do not count them, is that right?

you really sugar coated that one hoss... "all county schools enjoyed the benefits of transfers" That's not the problem with Burns discontent, You never answered my question and yours is so hypothetical and a moot point.(See above) If we had 3 studs come into our doors, me personally, I know know it is to lose kids and the reputation Crest has now..so Id say stay at your school. I have to call BS on that comment.

Rev,
I am trying to figure out why you are so upset with inter county transfers. I have spoken to a couple of your booster club members and heard from DBD and LawnDog and both understand that kids come and go within the county. You said above that the problem isn't transfers, but quality transfers not coming to Burns. Back to the not so hypothetical question. If three all conference type players transferred to Burns from one of the other 3 county schools would you chastise your coach publicly on these boards for accepting them? Would you discontinue supporting the program in protest? Or would you somehow find a way to blame Crest?

Reactions: notashelbyfan
...since you asked the question, I'll ask one too...which meaningful players in any sport has transferred into Burns in recent years? also to play a specific sport?Sorry for my delay, I thought your question was rhetorical. I know of a few in football from Shelby and KM. So actually, Burns has enjoyed the benefit of transfers but since none were high profile studs you do not count them, is that right?

Rev,
I am trying to figure out why you are so upset with inter county transfers. I have spoken to a couple of your booster club members and heard from DBD and LawnDog and both understand that kids come and go within the county. You said above that the problem isn't transfers, but quality transfers not coming to Burns. Back to the not so hypothetical question. If three all conference type players transferred to Burns from one of the other 3 county schools would you chastise your coach publicly on these boards for accepting them? Would you discontinue supporting the program in protest? Or would you somehow find a way to blame Crest?

I have answered that question already. Id prefer to not have the transfers and be tainted like Crest.But anybody would welcome 3 quality players obviously. All 4 schools have enough talent to win plenty of games most years.. I wont publicly trash our coaching staff, Ill always support them and they are doing a tremendous job. As far as your "quality" of transfers comment. How about any kind of transfer should stay where they are at. I do understand there are such things as legit moves etc..it does actually happen.

You mentioned Burns has enjoyed the BENEFITS of transfers, thats where quality of the transfer comes in. You cant call it a benefit if the kid doesnt bring anything to the table...

You are saying if Burns gets a bench player, it is equal the the qb crest got from us a few years ago? thats just stupid.

Now this topic has been discussed, we all know our opinions on it, The schools that typically reap the benefit are fine with it, the school that is on the short end is not. Thats life. Im done talking with you on a board about it. If you ever want to meet and greet, we can discuss it in person at a game. The topic that originally started this debate was handled so Ive heard and as it doesnt affect me in any shape or form, I think it was handled fairly.

Rev,
My view will be a little different than most the reason being is that my son went from looking at one year of QB at the varsity level to starting 3 years due to a transfer. It was never a big deal for us as we supported the other qb at Burns because my son played other positions and would get on the field either way. I would prefer to see all kids play where they live and the school they are assigned to. With that being said i get it and kids are always going to move around. Yes, Smashmouth is right. The kid mentioned above did have to sit a year. I dont know that kid or his families situation but some families can afford to rent a place in another school district and say they "live" there....so is it really fair to make a kid sit a year who cant afford it ...i really dont know what the answer is to be honest other than to just allow open enrollment. Only 11 can play at time and more than you think will want to wear that Columbia Blue. GO DOGS !

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT