ADVERTISEMENT

Cleveland County Picks Week 1

Lion Attack

Aug 15, 2010
Burns @ Alexander Central: Interesting game, I give AC the edge, offensively, and Burns the edge, defensively. AC 38 Burns 28.

South Point @ Crest: Crest uses a balanced attack on offense and a sound run defense to defeat the Red Raiders in a hard fought victory at home.
Crest 28 South Point 21

KM vs South Caldwell: Mack and Wade have huge games on the ground in a romp over the Spartans.
KM 45 South Caldwell 14

Shelby @ Freedom: The Lions will eat Friday.
Shelby 41 Freedom 14

Last edited:
I don't like to do actual scores.....

I'm going with a Cleveland County Sweep.

I'm a realist.

AC over Burns
South Point over Crest
KM over South Caldwell
Shelby over Freedom

Just saw Simmons first week of predictions.
Shelby (2A) at Freedom (3A) S by 40 - That has got to piss off JBB at Freedom.

South Point (2A) at Crest (3A) S by 16 - That looks about right

Reactions: Crestuff
I hope everyone still has the same pick next week. Both KM and S Caldwell drew the week one BYE.

Just saw Simmons first week of predictions.
Shelby (2A) at Freedom (3A) S by 40 - That has got to piss off JBB at Freedom.

South Point (2A) at Crest (3A) S by 16 - That looks about right

It has Burns by 5 over A.C. so we'll see.....

Burns 17 AC- 16...this one is a toss up but Burns gets the W off the leg of Zack Benefield.

South Point 28- Crest 24- Another toss up. I dont know who will win but one coach will come out of this game with a perfect winning percentage.

Shelby 42- Freedom 20- Just for Pats Freedom keeps it close early but too much talent for the Lions.

North Lincoln 50- Carolina Wildcats- 6- A great coach, Steven Pack, gets his first ever win as HC, Congrats Coach Pack.

Reactions: burnsbulldogtweeter
KM wins easily

Shelby destroys Freedom

Burns close loss with 3 points...maybe even a 3 point win for the poodles

Crest with the mother freakin upset!!!! By 3

Thank GOD Football season is here.

Burns @ AC
I think the Jamboree had a lot of early season mistakes on offense. You take away some miscues and Burns had a few explosive situations. I also doubt they opened the playbook up entirely. With that said, we are a very young team. Our defense cannot be on the field all night. I am looking for Mitchell and Pryor to have a big night. We need the run game and not pressure Devine so much in the air. This is your AC offense vs. a really good Burns defense.
I am taking Burns by 6.

Shelby at Freedom
I actually see this game being close for 1 quarter. The reason is because it is at Freedom. I hate playing there and always did. There are very weird things that happen up there. lol I think Shelby is too much and will win pretty big.
Shelby by 35

SP @ Crest
This one is tough. Crest looked bad out of sync on offense last week. They look well coached but the run game needed a lot of work. Seems like there is still a learning curve going on which is understandable in a new offense. Defensively I think they are pretty good but they do not have all the big D1 guys they have had in the past. Spikes is the main man. I think there is just too much NEW too early to beat a team like SP. SP has a way of keeping the defense on the field and that is bad this early with the heat. If Crest can go without turning it over I think it will be close but I think SP wins.
SP by 14

Good luck to all the teams. I hope I am wrong on the Crest pick. I would love to see all three win. I could be wrong about Burns too. Too early to tell.

Reactions: Lawn12Dog
Is that coach at north the same Steven pack from burns? And that went to Polk co. In high school

Seadog Crest wins by as many as they want.I will go with 49 to 0.The other 3 games will be close.

Yep. Was OC at burns last year. Pretty much doubled the offensive output from previous year with mostly the same kids.

I was disappointed, because I thought that baseball had gotten too much love, and we were deprived of the annual football review of each team, but it's in the actual newspaper, not online, for those of you who are interested.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT