ADVERTISEMENT

Clayton at Richmond

rcoraider98

Sep 10, 2013
Any real thoughts on this game? I know nothing about Clayton. I'm looking at a three TD win for THE RAIDERS OF RICHMOND COUNTY.

Tough schedule start for Clayton as they play
Richmond, Wake Forest, and Garner in the first 4 weeks.
Could be a trap game here for the Raiders as they could be
looking ahead to that big matchup week 2 verse power
Anson County. The Comets have nothing to lose and an
upset is no doubt possible with what I saw of this Raider
team last night at scrimmage. But others say this is the best Raider team in a decade, who knows what the truth is.
Beer looks like clayton gets a running clock in your opinion. I know that defense is
suspect but 63 maybe stretching it a little

Why is it this season that scrimmages have become the barometer for the regular season?

Why is it this season that scrimmages have become the barometer for the regular season?
I don't think it's about wins and loses when it comes to scrimmages, but if a team struggles thru two scrimmages and then heads into week 1 against a strong opp, I feel it's fair to have some concerns. Many things can be corrected but not always in 1 or 2 weeks.

Tough schedule start for Clayton as they play
Richmond, Wake Forest, and Garner in the first 4 weeks.
Could be a trap game here for the Raiders as they could be
looking ahead to that big matchup week 2 verse power
Anson County. The Comets have nothing to lose and an
upset is no doubt possible with what I saw of this Raider
team last night at scrimmage. But others say this is the best Raider team in a decade, who knows what the truth is.
Beer looks like clayton gets a running clock in your opinion. I know that defense is
suspect but 63 maybe stretching it a little
While Richmond plays Anson every year because the counties border, Anson is 2A and isn’t a power yet.

While Richmond plays Anson every year because the counties border, Anson is 2A and isn’t a power yet.
This is the first time we played them in probably 3 or 4 years. Up til then we played every year. Not sure why they back on the schedule now wish they wasn't but it will be a good money game for both should draw a good crowd.

Are you Raider guys Naive enough that you don’t recognize a entire joke of a reply when you see it .
Lol...........................
Anson is no power and Clayton is way overmatched. II would imagine the Raiders win
By at least a fg...

Reactions: paulraiderfan
This is the first time we played them in probably 3 or 4 years. Up til then we played every year. Not sure why they back on the schedule now wish they wasn't but it will be a good money game for both should draw a good crowd.

Nostalgia and the biggest gate for Anson this season outside of hosting Forest Hills at the end of the regular season. Always brings out big crowds.

I say the Raiders score 35 plus in this one. On the other hand the Raider defense is replacing their front three. They have capable replacements with good size and speed. The other eight are returning starters. Raider special teams should be excellent. Raiders 35-14

The best player on the field will be in a clayton uniform no disrespect to hood. I really like his game.

The best player on the field will be in a clayton uniform no disrespect to hood. I really like his game.
And who would that be devilmac? I don’t doubt what your saying. I know the best Team will win. Offense,defense and special teams all count. If all 3 do their jobs I feel like it’s a Raiders W...

And who would that be devilmac? I don’t doubt what your saying. I know the best Team will win. Offense,defense and special teams all count. If all 3 do their jobs I feel like it’s a Raiders W...
He probably talking about the 3 star safety going to Louisville.

Yes that kid can flat out play. He is a do it all jack of all trades. Your receivers better keep their head on a swivel. I would not be surprised if he is a 4 star with more offers as the season goes along. Don't think clayton will win but don't think it will be the blowout that some are predicting. He is as disruptive of a secondary you will see in hs football around these parts!

Our freshman team was playing Clayton Thursday but they cancelled today because not enough healthy players....

They also might want to stop exaggerating about offers. I think there are plenty of sc players that are d1 caliber doesn't mean any of them will be offered. Also offers can be pulled for various reasons.

I said D1 quality. I didn't say offered or signed did I? I was giving my opinion. I know it's hard to believe that people may have a different opinion than you. Also I know it's hard for you to believe other schools besides Creek has D1 caliper players.

I said D1 quality. I didn't say offered or signed did I? I was giving my opinion. I know it's hard to believe that people may have a different opinion than you. Also I know it's hard for you to believe other schools besides Creek has D1 caliper players.

Not hard to believe at all. FYI- just because they arent D1 players doesnt mean they arent spectacular players. Some of the best HS football players I have ever seen were not D1 players including a DLineman Richmond had 2-3 years ago. Sometimes it's not talent but grades.

That said...by definition if someone is D1 quality the only way to validate that is with a D1 legit offer. RC has one. FYI- Mallard Creek has one as well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT