ADVERTISEMENT

Class of 2021

devilmac99

Feb 5, 2003
Is this the deepest class in NC recently? I can't remember a class over the last 10-15 years that has had this many 4 star players. Kids with 15 plus offers are everywhere.

Sad thing is and I coach I will be shocked if we have a season
Based on everything I'm hearing seems theres not going to be any HS football. If it happens then the thinking behind it should all but guarantee that everything else goes back to business as usual. No way to social distance in football. No way to wear masks in football. No way to disinfect or sanitize everything every down in between every play. Body-to-body, sweat, snot, sometimes blood, constant heavy breathing? If football is played anywhere on any level, then EVERYTHING should be BACK TO NORMAL. Back to normal isn't happening anytime soon. So.....the math aint difficult. Its all stupid politics.

Based on everything I'm hearing seems theres not going to be any HS football. If it happens then the thinking behind it should all but guarantee that everything else goes back to business as usual. No way to social distance in football. No way to wear masks in football. No way to disinfect or sanitize everything every down in between every play. Body-to-body, sweat, snot, sometimes blood, constant heavy breathing? If football is played anywhere on any level, then EVERYTHING should be BACK TO NORMAL. Back to normal isn't happening anytime soon. So.....the math aint difficult. Its all stupid politics.
I just posted this on my facebook group either you play or don't. I'm looking at other options for my kid out of state. Academically he is as good as it gets and he worked his ass off since December and if they are playing football in SC or GA I will be moving. He wants to play and I'm comfortable with him playing. I'm more concerned about him getting injured than Covid-19 for him personally. At some point life has to go on and I'm not going to get into the politics but this virus will become a part of our life just like other diseases so I'm of the opinion no matter how you vote this has to be a personal decision and use some common sense.

If your able to make the decision to move to another state so your son can play thats great. Theres no point in getting into the politics and that was not what I was trying to do. Common sense is not driving any of the political decisions anyway. I agree on whatever you do being a personal decision and more power to you if you have the ability to make such decisions. Hope it works out for you and your son either way. But if NC doesnt play football this year, its not fair to everyone else unable to make the same decisions your talking about. Life has to go on and this virus is not going away. My point is that life needs to go on HERE - things need to go back to NORMAL. Good luck to you and your son. Hopefully he will get to play in NC. Nice to know he will get to play regardless though. I would do the same thing for my son.

If your able to make the decision to move to another state so your son can play thats great. Theres no point in getting into the politics and that was not what I was trying to do. Common sense is not driving any of the political decisions anyway. I agree on whatever you do being a personal decision and more power to you if you have the ability to make such decisions. Hope it works out for you and your son either way. But if NC doesnt play football this year, its not fair to everyone else unable to make the same decisions your talking about. Life has to go on and this virus is not going away. My point is that life needs to go on HERE - things need to go back to NORMAL. Good luck to you and your son. Hopefully he will get to play in NC. Nice to know he will get to play regardless though. I would do the same thing for my son.
There is no going back to normal until there is a proven vaccine IMO but there are kids who need school a lot more than others for the structure and nutrition. I hope school opens up and the ones that don't feel comfortable then more power to them and lets have home schooling for those. If you want to send your kid then more power to you as well. Like you though this life cannot be maintained for a number of reasons. I will do what is necessary to help my kids fulfill their dreams and by no means I'm a filthy rich guy - lol.

To your original post.- Yes, this is an incredible class for NC. It would be tragic not to get the chance to see some of these kids compete. Outside of my family and work not being able to watch HS football in the fall will be pretty life altering for me.

To your original post.- Yes, this is an incredible class for NC. It would be tragic not to get the chance to see some of these kids compete. Outside of my family and work not being able to watch HS football in the fall will be pretty life altering for me.
B & G thanks got kinda off track. The depth of this class is insane and the number of edge players and linebackers is really top notch. My son is a Jr and he keeps me up on these kids and he said that some of the 3 stars would probably be 4 if this was any other year or this class was not so deep. Not having ball would be a out of body experience for sure.

B & G thanks got kinda off track. The depth of this class is insane and the number of edge players and linebackers is really top notch. My son is a Jr and he keeps me up on these kids and he said that some of the 3 stars would probably be 4 if this was any other year or this class was not so deep. Not having ball would be a out of body experience for sure.

The timing of this pandemic would never be good, but this year would be a tough one to swallow if they don't play as we would miss some great talent on the field. The vaccine is what it will take IMO to get us to a new normal. There will be many people that will be more aware and cognizant of their surroundings for sure going forward when we reach it.

I agree no season would be life altering for a quite of few of us fans that love the game!

We have a stud freshman running back that will start and be one of the best players in the conference day one. He's about 6'1" 200lbs now.
He is also ranked top 25 puound4pound in the country in middle school wrestling. He could win a title at wrestling this year and the next 3yrs at 195 probably. He squats 400lbs, clean 225lbs, and bench 315lbs six months ago in the 8th grade and still working hard.
This dang c19 going force hom to go to Tennessee high school im sure. Makes me sick.

Last edited:
Reactions: UNC91
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT