ADVERTISEMENT

Class of 2017's best

Aug 17, 2013
From what I hear the rising junior class is very competitive, who are the ones to look out for around the state? What program had the best underclassman this past year?

WM had a bunch of starters that were sophomores, but 2 names to remember will be RB Jo Leake and QB Jackson Dozier. Looking forward to a couple really good year coming up with a really good class of 2016 and 2017.

FOOT WM will be a handful for the next two years. I look for you guys to go undefeated and again have the #1 seed going into the playoffs. Your QB should be stronger next year and able to take the game into his hands. Leak is a good back and will only get better. You guys loose a key player, but will still dominate for the next 2 years.

As far as Albemarle goes, with all the "He say She say" I no longer know what too expect. When I thought we were turning the corner, a forfeit from "The Gates of Hell" that bestowed upon the small community of Albemarle. We only had two sophomores on this years team with one of them starting and made All Conference, and the other #35 will finally get his chance next year. We had a small J.V. team as well with 18, but some of those guys should have been on varsity starting ahead of some seniors and juniors. They better start #10 WR/HB and #11 QB on varsity next year if they plan on building any kind of stars and athletes for the next two years. But, Albemarle will be Albemarle. I don't see a SC for 2016.

Losing 20 seniors and with our numbers dropping next year could be really tough. We still have some good athletes just not as many. This years team could have made some noise in the playoffs, but the forfeits killed that chance. Like sway I really have no idea what we will be like next year. For the immediate future the two-platoon system is history. I think we will have a lot of kids going both ways out of necessity. Just hope the numbers are up on the jv's and look forward to seeing a better OL than we have had the past few years. The team this coming year will be a complete surprise to me and it could be good or bad. But like sway said Albemarle will be Albemarle. Whatever that means. lol Go Dogs.

Buddy and Sway, I think you guys will be fine as usual. You would have made it to 3rd or 4th round this year based upon the matchups. I know that was tough for you guys. It was tough for me too making it to 3rd round because I thought we had enough to at least get back to the finals. But, we ran into a senior dominated team that was not to be denied. Oh well, that's the way it goes some times. I don't see a lot changing in the YVC as far as the top teams, but we'll see. I know other than a hole or two to figure out, WM should be ready to go. The next two classes are ones we have been waiting on. I just hope they bust it in the offseason and don't assume anything is going to be given to them. That didn't work too well in the playoffs this year.
This post was edited on 12/18 8:09 AM by WMFootballFanatic

Lol @Buddy. Albemarle will win 8 games like they have the past two years.

For the last two years we have started out 0-2 with loses to DD and CC. This coming year we open with Thomasville followed by Mt Pleasant. Have to think that at least one of these games are winnable and maybe both. Thomasville was down this year but MP had a great year. Both will be tough games, but I think they are winnable. It would be nice to start the season at least 1-1. Therefor if we only lose to WM we could possibility end up 9-2. I know that's assuming a lot but I think it is possible. Lot of holes to fill due to losing 20 seniors. Assuming Doug returns as head coach, which I think he will, I believe he will have a better handle on things with a year under his belt. Really hope they can get him some help in the coaching department. Especially on the offensive side of the ball. It's always fun to talk about what could be next year. We shall see.

If any of those games are winnable it would be Thomasville. They didn't have a J.V. this year to my surprise with a 77 player varsity roster???? MP is going to stomp a hole in us...period. If Albemarle is going to make any noise next year or after, then they need to promote the whole J.V. squad to varsity next year. Reason? With the huge class of freshman coming in next year and with the loss of 20+ seniors and if there are at the most 25 freshman J.V. players, then they need to roll with an all freshman J.V. team and rebuild from here on out. They don't have a foundation at Albemarle which is the reason they've been sucking, along with coaching. But well see what those "Experts" do next year.

Southeast Halifax has 2 very good 2017 skill people in
Joshua Godwin and Davion Whitaker. Whitaker had a 7 touchdown 340 yard game on jayvee vs Louisburg. Both are potentially very good corners and ball carriers. Josh may compete for the quarterback position in 2015

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT