ADVERTISEMENT

Clark steps down at Crest

Get on football scoop and get a college guy. They are the hardest working, most knowledgble, and can get the coaches on the same page. If there is a college coach who played at Crest that is willing to come home and coach the team they should go in that direction.

Coach Milne would be the best hire at the school right now, the guy has been there for years and has been through many coaching changes at Crest and he would know how to get the job done. Been to the Ship many Times and would put the Chargers back in the correct world order in that county they call Cleveland!

why would any coach want the job, after one loss every one wants him fired. and I don't see any more 16 and 0 seasons coming any time will soon.

Post a picture of all of the Mounties Rings and State Title trophies, then folks at Crest might care what you think. I personally can't wait to see these pictures. I bet you have a picture of bigfoot too.

why would any coach want the job, after one loss every one wants him fired. and I don't see any more 16 and 0 seasons coming any time will soon.

I don't recall anyone complaining about Barnes EVER, and he lost games!

Only difference is we when we lost when he coached we are just beat, we were always prepared, always competed and always had a game plan that was directed at the personal he had!

I wish some of these clowns that are so up in the air about him stepping down would hire him to coach there teams and in 2 years call us and let us know how it worked out for you!

Maybe one day he will be a great coach but he was to young and wasn't ready for that job at that time had he not been handed one of the top 5 teams Crest had ever had he would have been an 8 or 9 win team last year, and I remember his hard headed ass almost cost us in the playoffs last year against Weddington because he refused to give the football to the best RB in the state and kept trying to sling it all over the field!

I have said it 100 times its easy for fans of teams that suck every year to see our team play one time a year and and then question what we see every week and we know what good quality coached football looks like!

Clark had a bowling ball back this year but he wouldn't give him the ball to go bowling, if he would have we might still be playing! But he wanted to be flashy and sling it all over the field and he didn't have the personal to do that!

I want a coach like Barnes because he knew how to adjust his coaching to suit his team!

Barnes also took a team that Kirby struggled to win 8 games with and went to the state championship and was a missed extra point from winning the state!

I would rather look bad aND win than look good and lose any day of the week!

That was a very logical post in response, I respect that opinion.

You could tell a big difference between 2014 and 2015. His enormous talented team bailed him out in 15. When they left, the truth was fully revealed. I hope the best for the man...but crest needs experienced coaching.

Reactions: notashelbyfan
Very desirable opportunity and expect Crest will find someone who will continue the tradition.

[QUOTE="notashelbyfan, post: 407014, member: 1336

Barnes also took a team that Kirby struggled to win 8 games with and went to the state championship and was a missed extra point from winning the state!
![/QUOTE]

Do you think those players being a year older helped? Some of the best players on Barnes first team were juniors. Bit of a difference between a sophomore and junior.

[QUOTE="notashelbyfan, post: 407014, member: 1336

!

Do you think those players being a year older helped? Some of the best players on Barnes first team were juniors. Bit of a difference between a sophomore and junior.[/QUOTE]

Absolutely but the culture changed we we were organized for the first time in 6 years, we played special teams for the first time in 6 years, and we won the games we were suppose to win and some of the one we shouldn't have for the first time in 6 years!

You as a high school football fans knows that you can simply look at the way a team conducts them selves, the way they are prepared and the absence of mental mistake how well they are coached or not coached!

Like I said that team was better than they preformed this year, and if we make the right hire you will see it change again for the better.

Barnes is probably making close to $90k in SC. When he returns to NC his state retirement would stop which is probably $35k as would his building of retirement in SC. That would make for a big salary to equal him out.

Reactions: RaidersRocks
Barnes is probably making close to $90k in SC. When he returns to NC his state retirement would stop which is probably $35k as would his building of retirement in SC. That would make for a big salary to equal him out.

I can wish but there is zero chance he comes back!

Glad he found a place. He truly fits the mountain football mold. Wish him the best!

Tommy Knots is the most arrogant man to ever grace a high school football field and he is the arguably the best coach to ever walk the side lines in north or south carolina! So who cares what his confidence level is or what he thinks about himself!

Actually, this is the most arrogant man to ever grace a high school football field:

This coach in Ohio still has job. This clip occurred during the state championship game, and 4 years after two of his players were jailed for videotaping a rape in which they were involved.

Appears he punches the kid in the soft area.

https://sendvid.com/wbkps2ra

Just heard that ML is tired of his whining fan base and wants to finish out his career in Boiling Springs.

Lol...nice work No Dog. ML turned down big dollars from Clover. Doubt he wants to deal with cramps and complaints in Cleveland County. I can hear it now, "that coach grabbed my facemask and called me bad names! I'm going to Shelby, maybe Burns, or maybe Mallard Creek!"

One of the most coveted jobs in the State. C'mon crest folks bring in Beam. I am not sure whats happened at NC but the man can coach. Great fit IMO.

Donnie Kiefer is your man! None better at the x's and o's. None more experienced. This man has turned countless teams from 0 for to juggernauts. Imagine him with the talent in CC? Shelby would be a side story and they'd accept the truth of it.

I don't recall anyone complaining about Barnes EVER, and he lost games!

Only difference is we when we lost when he coached we are just beat, we were always prepared, always competed and always had a game plan that was directed at the personal he had!

I wish some of these clowns that are so up in the air about him stepping down would hire him to coach there teams and in 2 years call us and let us know how it worked out for you!

Maybe one day he will be a great coach but he was to young and wasn't ready for that job at that time had he not been handed one of the top 5 teams Crest had ever had he would have been an 8 or 9 win team last year, and I remember his hard headed ass almost cost us in the playoffs last year against Weddington because he refused to give the football to the best RB in the state and kept trying to sling it all over the field!

I have said it 100 times its easy for fans of teams that suck every year to see our team play one time a year and and then question what we see every week and we know what good quality coached football looks like!

Just something you can see week after week. Crest didn't have it and looked like they were still in week 1 and week 2 at the end of the season. I can buy less talent or experience but that doesn't mean they can't line up correctly, get the play in time or constantly commit the same penalty in the same game.

A more established coach with experience is what the program needs.

Donnie Kiefer is your man! None better at the x's and o's. None more experienced. This man has turned countless teams from 0 for to juggernauts. Imagine him with the talent in CC? Shelby would be a side story and they'd accept the truth of it.
Side story? Shelby Golden Lions a side story.

Reactions: blkgolddynasty
Just something you can see week after week. Crest didn't have it and looked like they were still in week 1 and week 2 at the end of the season. I can buy less talent or experience but that doesn't mean they can't line up correctly, get the play in time or constantly commit the same penalty in the same game.

A more established coach with experience is what the program needs.

We had a lineman down field penalty about 15 times this season and I know it was called 4 or 5 times in one game!

That's just stupid penalties that there is no excuse for after the first time!

We had a lineman down field penalty about 15 times this season and I know it was called 4 or 5 times in one game!

That's just stupid penalties that there is no excuse for after the first time!
Those are some bad coaches. Telling kids to go down field on passes. And to tell them to do it time after time at least 15 to 20 times in a year dang smh. Don't get me started on those coaches telling those kids to false start or jump off sides or personal foul. And then to tell them to fumble or drop some passes or how about that oline that was so bad i bet the coach was telling them to miss blocks . Man those are some awful coaches. No wait it was just head that was awful . But just wait next year with a new and better coach we will be back to championship form, even though we lose foster, brintley ,Wilson ,peeler, Irvin and all those other seniors.

Those are some bad coaches. Telling kids to go down field on passes. And to tell them to do it time after time at least 15 to 20 times in a year dang smh. Don't get me started on those coaches telling those kids to false start or jump off sides or personal foul. And then to tell them to fumble or drop some passes or how about that oline that was so bad i bet the coach was telling them to miss blocks . Man those are some awful coaches. No wait it was just head that was awful . But just wait next year with a new and better coach we will be back to championship form, even though we lose foster, brintley ,Wilson ,peeler, Irvin and all those other seniors.
I bet you'll be glad to get in championship form just once. Been what 24 years? And, just one time and we beat you that year too. Just keep seeding our program and shut up.

Keep poking the bear, and enjoy it while you can!

I bet you'll be glad to get in championship form just once. Been what 24 years? And, just one time and we beat you that year too. Just keep seeding our program and shut up.

wow, the weather isnt fair right now, what are you doing back??

Coach Milne would be the best hire at the school right now, the guy has been there for years and has been through many coaching changes at Crest and he would know how to get the job done. Been to the Ship many Times and would put the Chargers back in the correct world order in that county they call Cleveland!
Y

You know what it would be nice to win another championship at Burns. But I just hope it would not make me think that I'm the only fan or fan base that thinks they know what good football is . Your a spoiled fan base that can't handle a 9 win season. Just maybe that was a 9 win team . It was definitely not the caliber of personnel of the typical crest team. Just maybe the coaches work everyday in practice to get them lined up correctly and for them to be disciplined enough to not make those same mistakes every week, but they just were not. They were just a 9 win team man that must suck. Well you spoiled fan best you had better get a long list of coaches or get a new recruiting coordinator because from what I see you are in for more of the 8 to 9 win seasons .

Just maybe that was a 9 win team . It was definitely not the caliber of personnel of the typical crest team.

This statement alone proves you have no concept of football in general much less Crest football!

If your a coach and you can't find 11 that want to be on the field that can figure out how to get lined up you have failed as a coach! If you have one that won't find another one that might not be a talented and let him show how it's done!

A player that starts losing playing time because he can stop making stupid errors will soon find ways to improve, and do this job right!

The penalties are only a part of the issues just know you missed your best chance to beat the Chargers this year, Shelby and KM took advantage of their chance but little red headed step childern of Cleveland county couldn't get it done!

Reactions: CrestMan7
Lol...nice work No Dog. ML turned down big dollars from Clover. Doubt he wants to deal with cramps and complaints in Cleveland County. I can hear it now, "that coach grabbed my facemask and called me bad names! I'm going to Shelby, maybe Burns, or maybe Mallard Creek!"

No more red bone. Once he gets to Crest, he's going to install the Green Wing. You heard it here first.

Reactions: seadog28
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT